Author Topic: SEGA Amusement Expo News  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Star Platinum

• Total Meseta: 0
SEGA Amusement Expo News
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »
I found this article & it's some good news. I'm hoping here in the States we can have an arcade resurgence but I wouldn't bet on it:

http://http://www.intergameonline.com/intergame/news/3584/combined-us-show-a-success/

"The combination of ASI and AMOA into one new show has been welcomed by the US amusement industry.

Amusement Expo, which closes today in Las Vegas, appeared to attract a good number of visitors across the three days with the first and second days naturally the busiest.

Product covering all areas of the amusement sector were on show from all the major players and there was a definite air of enthusiasm and positivity around the exhibition hall.

The industry has been petitioning for this move for some time and Holly Meidl of Bay Tek Games, which won the PlayMeter Operators' Choice award for Big Bass Wheel, told InterGame: "It has been a good show and there is a lot of energy and new prospects which is a good sign. Combining the two show has really worked well."

Paul Williams of Sega Amusements commented: "It has been a very positive show and much busier than last March. Operators are being cautiously optimistic and they are looking at new product."

Sega presented its hit product Rambo in a 42ins deluxe unit, specifically for the US market, at the show, which is suited to bar locations where space is an issue.

"There is light at the end of the tunnel as far as the US amusement market is concerned," added Williams, "and we are now developing a good range of product, similar to what we have done in Europe, to service the industry."

The show also attracted some of the internationals with Harry Levy spotted with his products on the Coastal Amusement stand. Michael Green and Mark Horwood of UDC were seen on the Benchmark stand. John Brennan and Geoff Spencer of Namco Europe were spotted walking the floor and Intermatic Manufacturing presented its automated candy floss machine through subsidiary Cotton Candy Vending.

A full show report will appear in the April issue of InterGame."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »