Author Topic: Yuzo Koshiro's latest work in 7th dragon 2020. Pretty good stuff  (Read 4821 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
It's unlikely that we're ever gonna get a localization of this game. Seeing how valkyria chronicles 3 is taking forever(possibly never). 7th dragon, being a JRPG at it's basic core, will never get much apeal in the west.

I think the game has allready come out in Japan, and ya'll really gotta check out it's soundtrack. It is actually pretty good.

Check out the channel if interested with the list of tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL399A069406072B74&feature=plcp

A few personal highlights:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglu6BOiFkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9baUi6k9u0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roNKZclIduI&feature=channel_video_title (kind of reminds me of PSO)

Battle songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZy0wIUJxLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llXE8kNA-hQ&feature=channel_video_title

I'm a sucker for video game music, and I remember from the first few footages it was clear that Yuzo Koshiro was doing an excellent job with this one. The DS game went for a simplified retro 8 bit soundtrack, but I feel he really went all out with this one. In some of the songs(especially battle songs) yuzo koshiro's influence is very recognizable similar to his genesis work

Edit: as for the game itself. Looks okay I guess :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:31:17 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Yuzo Koshiro's latest work in 7th dragon 2020. Pretty good stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »
Happened to check out 7th Dragon itself? It too has a very good graphics. Somewhat sad these games were not brought here, not a fan but can apperciate a great OST when I hear one.

But yeah, this has some really great tunes; I wonder if they're selling the OST, would not mind buying it!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:57:55 pm »
I emulated the japanese DS game once, but it was really impossible for me to progress lol. I had no idea of what to do and I wasnt bothered at the end. I ended up not really being upset that it was never localized because I couldn't see myself investing my time into the game.

The PSP game however does seem worth it, so kinda sad

I could ask rubyeclipse about the localizations of VC and 7th dragon. I managed to have him added on steam and he told me some pretty cool stuff the other day. This may be sort of an exclusive and I was quite surprised he intrusted me with this information. PSO 2 is actually allready 3 years in development and he told me that he was one of the first of SOA to hear about it, from Sakai himself.

Aaron's a really cool guy. Hope he doesn't mind me saying this lol. He did say that he liked SEGAbits alot so :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:27:38 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:13:09 am »
Imageepoch heading up development isn't a great sign, though, at least, if their work on Arc Rise Fantasia is any indication, you guys probably aren't missing much.

As for the game itself, I don't own a PSP, so admitteldy I'm not too invested in whether it's brought over here or not, but hopefully it happens in the form of a digital download somewhere down the road.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 07:57:48 am »
Great stuff, typical Yuzo quality!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:03:55 am »
I emulated the japanese DS game once, but it was really impossible for me to progress lol. I really had no idea of what to do and I wasnt bothered at the end. I ended up not really being upset that it was never localized because I couldn't see myself investing my time into the game.

Yeah, it does not particularly grab me, but I did like the art direction and general music so... Could not truly care much. Just think it would have been great for people's opinions on SEGA and Kodama deserves more people to play her game!

Imageepoch heading up development isn't a great sign, though, at least, if their work on Arc Rise Fantasia is any indication, you guys probably aren't missing much.

It's actually made up by a few developers from SEGA and a few people who worked on Etrian Odyssey (But left and started working at Imageepoch on this game)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 12:02:03 pm »
The first game was recived VERY well too I believe. Both reviews and sales were very high.
Made by SEGA