Author Topic: My Life with Sega: Retro Game Reviews  (Read 20477 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: My Life with Sega: Retro Game Reviews
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 04:56:30 am »
Dude, that last episode you did was fantastic and yes that spider lady had a fantastic ass. Are you planning to do some well-known games to do reviews on like The House of the Dead and Die Hard Arcade? Also, are you planning to do reviews on Sega eastern games. Those would make great episodes with your awesome sense of humour.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 12:29:31 am »
Dude, that last episode you did was fantastic and yes that spider lady had a fantastic ass. Are you planning to do some well-known games to do reviews on like The House of the Dead and Die Hard Arcade? Also, are you planning to do reviews on Sega eastern games. Those would make great episodes with your awesome sense of humour.

I'm glad you're digging the show, man. I'll do House of the Dead (SAT) and House of the Dead 2 (DC) once I figure out how I wanna' do it. My Stunner's fucked right now and I'm not sure I wanna' do a review using a controller.

I have two Die Hard reviews on my old channel (Die Hard Arcade and Die Hard Trilogy). I actually touch on the Japanese version of Arcade (Dynamite Deka). I'll be cutting both episodes into one and reposting it on the SEGAbits channel.

I did Bio Hazard (Resident Evil) for the Saturn. I do have more that I wanna' review, like Groove on Fight, Elevator Action 2, etc. I'll be doing the Japanese version of Sonic Jam, Zombie Revenge and Bio Hazard: Code Veronica soon.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »
Sweet, I'll let some HOTD fans know of your work on my site.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:00 am »
Yes! I must be spread across this miserable planet like herpes.  ;D

Thanks, bro. I really appreciate it.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 07:20:16 am »
Could you do two on Alisia Dragoon and Soliel (if you can get these games), please?

I have played the former, but I don't know how to progress further on Level 2 for some reason, whilst the latter is something I am interested in.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 01:49:32 am »
Could you do two on Alisia Dragoon and Soliel (if you can get these games), please?

I have played the former, but I don't know how to progress further on Level 2 for some reason, whilst the latter is something I am interested in.

Whenever I should get ahold of those titles, you can bet I'll review 'em. I'm still playing through Panzer Dragoon Saga. I suck at RPG's. LOL!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 04:03:33 am »
Whenever I should get ahold of those titles, you can bet I'll review 'em. I'm still playing through Panzer Dragoon Saga. I suck at RPG's. LOL!

Thanks for the heads up! :)

How is the game so far? I have the game but not the Saturn (the one I bought was a dud...).

RPGs can be easy to get into once you figure out the menus and general tactics in the game...all it takes is practise! :D

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 03:00:07 pm »
No worries, bro.

Right now, the game's awesome. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of RPGs because I dislike turn-based combat, having to maintain anywhere from 3-5 different characters with their own strengths and weaknesses, and the fantasy worlds in which they typically take place....

Panzer Dragoon Saga finally made it fun for me. You're a loner whose only companion is a dragon that you treat very much like a pet, as well as a combat buddy. The world has this depressing Blade Runner-like atmosphere that sucked me. As for the fighting mechanics, this game walked me through it nice and easy. Random encounters do annoy me still - because I'm not expecting 'em half the time - but Saga's made 'em fun for me. The creatures are beautifully rendered and there's a great sense of speed. Many encounters are in motion, mimicing the first two entries where you fly through a stage blasting shit. The music....

You know what, I gotta' save this for the review. Still, Saga's awesome and totally worth it's price tag.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:09:01 am »
No worries, bro.

Right now, the game's awesome. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of RPGs because I dislike turn-based combat, having to maintain anywhere from 3-5 different characters with their own strengths and weaknesses, and the fantasy worlds in which they typically take place....

Panzer Dragoon Saga finally made it fun for me. You're a loner whose only companion is a dragon that you treat very much like a pet, as well as a combat buddy. The world has this depressing Blade Runner-like atmosphere that sucked me. As for the fighting mechanics, this game walked me through it nice and easy. Random encounters do annoy me still - because I'm not expecting 'em half the time - but Saga's made 'em fun for me. The creatures are beautifully rendered and there's a great sense of speed. Many encounters are in motion, mimicing the first two entries where you fly through a stage blasting shit. The music....

You know what, I gotta' save this for the review. Still, Saga's awesome and totally worth it's price tag.

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to it!

I heard that you cannot flee from battles, is this true? As I get pretty fed up of fighting every enemy on occasion. :(

I am at the end of Billy Hatcher, but the last boss is so hard....it's as if Sonic Team want you to be very specific in what you need to do in order to beat the game!

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:51 am »
Hmmm. I thought there was a 'flee' option, but I'm not so sure. I had to put it down recently so I could concentrate on 32X and Sega CD month, as well as produce a DVD. Regardless, I fight everything just to build up Yu's strength and abilities....

Yes, my Dragoon's name is Yu.

Haven't played Billy Hatcher. I'll have to check it out.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 08:15:46 am »
Oh Yu.  ;)

I am on the final boss, but the way you have to hurt him

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »
I'd love to see you (AJ) take on some games outside your comfort zone (if you have one ;) ) or games that others might think negatively of (Billy Hatcher) that you have very little (if any) preconceived notions of.

Because it is a game that you might love, or you might hate.

Also, would love to see some Genesis board game based video games on MLWS. I own, and love, Risk. Jeopardy is also pretty fun. Wheel of Fortune is fucked up, I hated it. Never tried Clue.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »
I'd love to see you (AJ) take on some games outside your comfort zone (if you have one ;) ) or games that others might think negatively of (Billy Hatcher) that you have very little (if any) preconceived notions of.

Because it is a game that you might love, or you might hate.

Also, would love to see some Genesis board game based video games on MLWS. I own, and love, Risk. Jeopardy is also pretty fun. Wheel of Fortune is fucked up, I hated it. Never tried Clue.

The only games where I feel outside of my comfort zone are role-playing-games and sports titles. I'm not fond of sports to begin with, and I rarely pick up an RPG. However, I'll eventually do Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shadowrun.

I've already done some games where I had no preconceived notions, such as Soul Star, Mazin Saga Mutant Fighter and Zero Tolerance.

As for the board game titles, I may do Clue. I used to play that all the time, as well as Monopoly.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 08:55:27 am »
Finally made it here after much conversation over the past months on YouTube.

Now stick that in your Genesis!

Been loving the laid back style of your reviews and more often then not, clued you in on a few of Sega's dirty little secrets. I loved working with the old systems and even the Genesis itself. It was a beast in the right hands just as the Master System was before it.

I hated lazy coders though. The well known game Chessmaster came across my desk one day and it had little to no AI compared to my old Apple II.

When you can checkmate the computer three times in a row with the exact same pattern, I rejected that turkey after lugging my old Apple in which was a far smarter opponent.

Lazy developers and bad code (and "perks" given to some third parties) annoy me. Wish there was a form with the option of "stick it in your Genesis"...

Haha!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »
Dude, welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the kind words, as well as the inside info. Admittedly, I do feel kinda' bad for raggin' on the Saturn port of Virtua Racing.

I think you mentioned how easy Chessmaster was during the interview (COMING SOON!). You could checkmate the computer three times in a row using the exact same pattern, huh? I suppose you know what that means?

*dramatic pause*

Captain Kirk was framed.

Forgive me. I'm a dork. Back on topic we shall go. What were these so-called "perks"?