Author Topic: Sega Forever  (Read 21523 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sega Forever
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 10:49:09 am »
The good thing is that stuff like JSR and ChuChu and Virtua Tennis Challenge will be updated to work on the new OS and will support controllers, and the prices will all be $1.99 and free to play. SEGA Forever forcing SEGA Networks to keep up on app updates is one of the best aspects to the program.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 11:04:55 am »
The good thing is that stuff like JSR and ChuChu and Virtua Tennis Challenge will be updated to work on the new OS and will support controllers, and the prices will all be $1.99 and free to play. SEGA Forever forcing SEGA Networks to keep up on app updates is one of the best aspects to the program.

Excellent
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2017, 01:41:12 pm »
Virtua Tennis Challenge is now part of Sega Forever: https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/885206776697802753

Offline Giga_Force

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 01:33:54 am »
Anyone else having audio popping and some lag when playing Revenge of Shinobi? I expect a patch will be released in the next few days.

Offline Draikin

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 02:17:42 pm »
Anyone else having audio popping and some lag when playing Revenge of Shinobi? I expect a patch will be released in the next few days.
You're definitely not the only one reporting these problems, but I haven't seen SEGA comment on them. I tried it on my Android phone and tablet, and it runs poorly on both, with audio popping, subpar framerate and crashes when it's serving ads. At the moment SEGA seems to be very far away from delivering on their lofty goals with this service.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2017, 05:34:23 pm »
i'm getting the same problems with Revenge of Shinobi that i got with Comix Zone and the other genesis games.  Honestly, I've already gone to other emulators like Kega Fusion and a few different Android ones that work just fine.  Why Sega can't run a decent emulator on phones and tablets in this day and age puzzles me.  Their AtGames consoles are still crappy too.  :/ I mean yeah, it's AtGames and they do it every year but still... Sega needs better quality control.  Seriously.  The only reason I'm even keeping these games on my tablet is just to show support for the franchises owned by Sega in a hopeful attempt that they will be revived on modern consoles in the future.  I imagine it's the same for a lot of other Sega fans as well.  No matter how many times I update these games, the quality in gameplay speed and sound doesn't change.  The problem is not being fixed and yet other emulators play roms of these games just fine on the same tablet.  If Sega wants me to stick around after Sonic Mania, they've gotta make some changes.  :/ But it really does look like same old Sega.  Like AtGames, they continue the same old same old every year.  I really wish they'd stop, but with Izuka and Webber, it's impossible to take anything seriously anymore.  Sega as a company keeps doing this, and it NEEDS TO STOP.
Be like water.

Offline Tad

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 01:19:01 pm »
Quailty control has never been Sega's strong point. It's a shame it persists though as each time they have a great idea or product, they seem to revert back to being all over the place straight afterwards.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2017, 01:20:16 pm »
Apparently this year's AtGames console is much improved, with accurate sound, HDMI output, save states, a rewind feature, and a cartridge slot.

Offline Tad

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 02:53:41 pm »
Doesn't change the facts of the past sadly.

Ristar is the next game coming to Sega Forever going by twitter.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2017, 11:33:58 pm »
Doesn't change the facts of the past sadly.

Uh, yeah, but what does? You want things to be improved, but when they're improved you're disappointed that the past can't be changed?

Offline Tad

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 01:54:56 am »
No of course not. But most people learn from their mistakes and as I said before, Sega seem to learn then unlearn quite a lot.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 10:09:53 am »
Sega is more like a collection of many companies than a single one with a strong centrally-designed vision and strategy. It's telling that most of these legacy initiatives released in the West haven't originated from Sega of Japan, and the ones that have (e.g. Sega Ages 2500 and Sega 3D Classics) have either been passed over or only partially brought over by the Western divisions. Sega Forever, as an initiative of Sega Mobile, shows that they have a lot of heart but so far it seems their ambition has outstripped whatever resources they have at their disposal.

At least the AtGames products have taken a turn for the better... I think it's worth considering picking one up so they (AtGames and whatever part of Sega handles this license) get the message that a high quality product will be supported. I only wish it would work with an EverDrive, but hey... maybe that's in the works for next year's model.

Offline Tad

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 10:47:46 am »
That's a fair point. I just always feel like they're missing that person sometimes who just points out why they shouldn't do a,b or c.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:02 am »
What I'd like SEGA forever to do although I know this may not happen...have cross buy.

Buy it on phone, get it on PC if at all Forever shows up on PC. That would be a blessing and is something that I'll admit that Nintendo might not do.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 02:20:06 pm »
What I'd like SEGA forever to do although I know this may not happen...have cross buy.

Buy it on phone, get it on PC if at all Forever shows up on PC. That would be a blessing and is something that I'll admit that Nintendo might not do.

PC can be modded.  :D
Be like water.