Author Topic: Have you embraced mobile gaming?  (Read 32347 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Have you embraced mobile gaming?
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2015, 11:14:17 am »
It sounds like those aspects would be great additions to Crazy Taxi proper! It's just too bad that with mobile it's always an either/or situation. You get some cool new aspects, and you completely throw away all the established stuff that's taken decades to develop in the process.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2015, 01:50:16 pm »
How can it be too different to be comparable, but stay true to the formula?

Hmmmmmmm I dunno. What about their old RPGs like Phantasy Star and Shining Force?
Is Shenmue not representative of Sega? Skies of Arcadia?
Play it, and you'll understand. It is really well made, it just controls differently.

They are, indeed, masterpieces. They really breathe Sega. But you'll agree these games are a minority. Sega's main focus has always been the arcade-like experiences.
I'd love a "normal" SP Phantasy Star really..
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2015, 01:53:02 pm »
It sounds like those aspects would be great additions to Crazy Taxi proper! It's just too bad that with mobile it's always an either/or situation. You get some cool new aspects, and you completely throw away all the established stuff that's taken decades to develop in the process.
Because they are to play...mobile-ly..
It would be awesome to have Crazy Taxi 4 with all those additions. But truth is that these games don't sell on consoles. Sega would be better off just making more Phantasy Star or Yakuza on consoles, and leave these experiences where people enjoy them, mobiles and arcades.
(I would argue they should all come out on PC anyway tho)

It's a transitional phase.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2015, 01:58:40 pm »

I agree with this... City Rush adds a lot to flesh out Crazy Taxi and it has some great ideas and style. But I would prefer the gameplay of the original games.
Made by SEGA

Offline Ryudo

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »
No. I don't even consider them real games. To me it doesn't exist.