Author Topic: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams  (Read 183060 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams
« Reply #600 on: August 12, 2022, 02:38:10 am »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2022, 06:11:06 am »
You still gave human too much credits.
It could be just an accident, the side effect to human's incompetence.
The fact it can be human incompetence still gives human credit.

No point crying over spilled milk and your Mummy will forgive you for the mess and clean it up, but you can't exactly say "sorry" for accidentally releasing a virus that killed over six and a half million people.

Offline Berto

« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2022, 08:45:02 pm »
The fact it can be human incompetence still gives human credit.

No point crying over spilled milk and your Mummy will forgive you for the mess and clean it up, but you can't exactly say "sorry" for accidentally releasing a virus that killed over six and a half million people.

Which one do you think that will end humanity in the future?
Viruses, nuclear bomb, toxic gases, technology (sentient A.I.), zombie outbreak, the great flood, solar flare, global warming, alien attacks, or others?

Offline Berto

« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2022, 01:41:45 am »
Uncle From Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Episode 5 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtXSjflM10

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2022, 06:17:45 am »
Which one do you think that will end humanity in the future?
Viruses, nuclear bomb, toxic gases, technology (sentient A.I.), zombie outbreak, the great flood, solar flare, global warming, alien attacks, or others?
Well, solar flare and great floods are regarded the minimal threats in my book. Earth catching solar flares has happened a few times in humanity's history. Yes they cause disturbances to our tech-sensitive way of life but given how reliant we are on the sun for the last billions and billions of years you'd think we'd be cooked by now.

A great flood is possible. It is believed Noah's Ark was found on Mt. Ararat in Turkey. I believe Noah's ark either held baby animals or maybe some sort of alien device that can reproduce animals for samples or something like that but if Noah's Ark is real then that means mass flooding is possible. But I don't believe the great flood mentioned in the bubble really wiped out all of humanity or covered the entire world.

Zombie outbreak would just be an absolute joke to humanity. Think about it, we humans are so good at killing, laws and licenses were put in place to stop us from over-killing species. If zombies turn out to be real we can either wait until the summer heatwave to cook and rot their flesh for flies and maggots to feast on, or wait until waiter for their flesh to freeze and break down. Or why wait and ju7st kill 'em all ourselves? Humanity will find controlling a zombie outbreak more easier and less serious than COVID itself.

I think humanity's worst threat is simply themselves. The rich may burn up what's left of the o-zone just to get richer while the conscious objectors can do nothing about it. But humanity may still find means of survival if we completely ruin the o-zone by then. Remember Mother nature simply adapts, it's ourselves we're screwing over. So the conscious objectors may struggle more than the rich to survive but that struggle may harden them somewhat to persevere.
I remember when the nuclear bomb was invented, there was fear it would cause a thermonuclear reaction to the atmosphere and set the world on fire. They did it anyway. So it might be human stupidity with science that may do us in eventually. Maybe not a toxic gas though because such a gas will need a reaction to the very air we breath in order for it to spread. Other wise it'll just dilute in the air we breath until it becomes harmless.

Alien invasion... we already have plenty of times before and still ongoing today. I think these aliens are more interested in looking after us than seeing our demise though. Why conquer a whole planet for resources when they can just take the candy from the baby? They abducted humans for testing, take samples from Earth and other things behind our backs, and it's likely a division of our government is helping them as well. It could be a mutual benefit though, they allow the aliens to treat us as no more than lab rats and in return no alien war.

Artificial Intelligence takeover... would probably be the best thing to happen to humanity. People fear we'll end up with something like The Machine from the Matrix or Skynet from Terminator but I don't think an AI will go that far if it's capable of simple things like compassion, generosity and kindness. If an AI took over the world it would probably want to do what's best for humanity to thrive. Given it would be an AI without human weaknesses or temptations it would be the most incorruptible, most honest and good politician we ever had.

Yes, there is still a chance an AI like GlaDOS could take the throne, but it's too pessimistic of me to think an "evil AI" would take over the world when a good AI could accomplish it as well.

So yeah, from all your questions, I think humanity is likely to thrive in any given catastrophe but not without a degree of struggle. The likely cause of the genocide of our species would be something that will take most species out with it. Such as a meteor or a chain-reaction to our atmosphere that makes it instantly no longer suitable for us. And even then there are probably aliens who will make sure no meteor will hit us or we're that stupid to kill us all.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2022, 06:20:14 am »
Uncle From Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Episode 5 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtXSjflM10

Will we get to know Mabel more in this episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMdLtPYc_I

Offline Berto

« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2022, 08:48:08 pm »
Will we get to know Mabel more in this episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMdLtPYc_I

Only if they followed the manga route, there's a change in order compared to manga version.

Offline Berto

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2022, 12:36:30 am »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2022, 11:44:58 am »
Only if they followed the manga route, there's a change in order compared to manga version.

So no Mabel?

Offline Berto

« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2022, 10:49:44 pm »
So no Mabel?

Don't worry, she's still showing up since she's important part of the story,
but may be not getting spotlight as much as elf.

Offline Berto

« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2022, 02:19:51 am »
Anime "Uncle from Another World (Isekai Ojisan)" Episode 5 is now Available!!

As Uncle recalls his memories of ax-wielding battlers and draconic forces, Takafumi keeps noticing one thing: the swooning heroines who failed to catch his romantically oblivious uncle’s attention!
Can Takafumi help him get a clue, or is it too late for such a die-hard gamer? 

Link : https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/81499847

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2022, 11:30:28 am »
Anime "Uncle from Another World (Isekai Ojisan)" Episode 5 is now Available!!

Link : https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/81499847
I got to watch it.

Mabel blushing and her sword melting away, she is so cute.

Offline Berto

« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2022, 10:12:35 pm »
I got to watch it.

Mabel blushing and her sword melting away, she is so cute.

The way she laughed's also unique.
Also that cat-like riding hood costume she wore...

It's kinda cute and fit her lazy personality...

Offline Berto

« Reply #613 on: August 19, 2022, 04:33:58 am »
Uncle From Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Episode 6 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKGU2zaVpbg

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #614 on: August 19, 2022, 07:13:03 pm »
The way she laughed's also unique.
Also that cat-like riding hood costume she wore...

It's kinda cute and fit her lazy personality...
She is so cute. And I support her revenge against the villagers that cut down her home for firewood.
Uncle From Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Episode 6 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKGU2zaVpbg

Uncle gets all the waifus.