Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 113397 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2013, 08:57:05 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L-_Wcg56aY[/youtube]
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:29 am »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2013, 09:24:39 am »
It's a shit game. DEAL WITH IT.

There is no secret agenda by the media to destroy Sega, they released a terrible fucking game and nobody likes it. The End.

Besides most of the criticism I've seen is aimed at Gearbox, not Sega.

Oh yes, because you've actually played it when all these negative reviews started to pour in. Here's a hint, I actually play a game before i think its shit or not. What I don't do is  listen to other peoples opinions before i've played it. So deal with that and stop jumping into nonsensical conclusions before you've actually tried it out. The reaction to the game is over the top. Sega is getting the blame more than GBX is from what's been coming in so you deal with that too. Now my opinion of this game on whether is good or not hasn't been determined because I haven't played it yet. But my opinion on how the media and some idiot fans are acting is and its becoming a farce. So grow up for god's sake, at the end of the day no one has been murdered.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2013, 09:30:22 am »
So grow up for god's sake, at the end of the day no one has been murdered.
You seem to be taking it more seriously than me though, a secret international conspiracy against Sega by the gaming media?

Also, you can tell this game is garbage from the footage and gameplay videos and reviews etc. It's like, do you need to actually eat a piece of poo to know that it's not good for you and probably doesn't taste very nice?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2013, 09:35:16 am »
There is no conspiracy.. But as Aki said before, there is an obvious bias going on for years now.
SEG4GES

Offline ROJM

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:17 am »
There is bias against SEGA in the general media.

Is the backlash against Aliens part of this? No, Aliens is just a frankly terrible game.
Well i've made it quite clear about my views of the game, i haven't said its bad or good because i haven't played it yet. But the reaction to it is clearly over the top for whatever reason, there's been bad games before and they didn't get this reaction. Yet some idiots around here are acting like i'm defending Sega and claiming its a good title. This is like the over reactionary patent trolling nonsense that sega was accused of by a few "sega" fans in here over Level 5 and that soccer game, when looking at the background its became obvious that Sega has a case. But it didn't stop people who should know better in acting like Sega was in the wrong. There's clearly a case to answer in this title but since not many people have played the title when the news was released i really cant see how anyone can arrive that the game is bad and crap or good and brilliant. its a over reaction to a far anticipated title, simply put.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:18:13 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2013, 09:39:00 am »
You seem to be taking it more seriously than me though, a secret international conspiracy against Sega by the gaming media?

Also, you can tell this game is garbage from the footage and gameplay videos and reviews etc. It's like, do you need to actually eat a piece of poo to know that it's not good for you and probably doesn't taste very nice?
No, because games aren't made out of poo and you cant eat a game either, you stupid unmitigated idiot. Grow up and come back with a sensible retort. But you have to go to school for that.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:03 am »
I love a good SEGA related argument, but no personal insults guys. Any more insults from either side will result in warnings.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:00 pm »
guys just to show my face and to bring happiness back. my wife forced me to wear this

and pls guys be cool like me in the picture

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »
Well i've made it quite clear about my views of the game, i haven't said its bad or good because i haven't played it yet. But the reaction to it is clearly over the top for whatever reason, there's been bad games before and they didn't get this reaction. Yet some idiots around here are acting like i'm defending Sega and claiming its a good title. This is like the over reactionary patent trolling nonsense that sega was accused of by a few "sega" fans in here over Level 5 and that soccer game, when looking at the background its became obvious that Sega has a case. But it didn't stop people who should know better in acting like Sega was in the wrong. There's clearly a case to answer in this title but since not many people have played the title when the news was released i really cant see how anyone can arrive that the game is bad and crap or good and brilliant. its a over reaction to a far anticipated title, simply put.

ROJM i dont think its wrong to defend sega. most of the time sega has been a victim of wrong management and now we see another examle like from gearbox. sega in pure essence like in the genesis and sms time was bright.

sega is a human organisation and there are some traitors amongst the group.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:00 pm »
Well i've made it quite clear about my views of the game, i haven't said its bad or good because i haven't played it yet. But the reaction to it is clearly over the top for whatever reason, there's been bad games before and they didn't get this reaction.

The reaction is "over the top" because this was supposed to be one of the year's best games. It was heavily anticipated and marketed.

If Sega releases a bad game (Yakuza: Dead Souls) nobody really cares because nobody knew it existed. But when a game that's actually hyped and marketed is BAD, then yeah, there's a huge shitstorm. It seems unusual because we're Sega fans and Sega rarely markets their games.

But when people are anticipating and expecting your game, you have to DELIVER. Nobody told Sega, apparently. A great commercial will only go so far if your game blows.

In this industry bad games are not usually graced with multi-million dollar marketing campaigns. A bad game from Activision (007 Legends) will be quietly released, not showered with a marketing  campaign reminiscent of Black Ops II. Again, nobody told Sega this.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 01:30:07 pm »
guys just to show my face and to bring happiness back. my wife forced me to wear this

wow you weren't kidding, you do look a lot like my life with sega! a younger version of him!

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/02/01/contest-the-segabits-3rd-anniversary-my-life-with-sega-giveaway/

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2013, 01:40:36 pm »

BARF

Edit: Not you, the hat.  Dude, don't wear that hat.  EVER

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2013, 01:58:54 pm »
wow you weren't kidding, you do look a lot like my life with sega! a younger version of him!

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/02/01/contest-the-segabits-3rd-anniversary-my-life-with-sega-giveaway/

Will, do you want me to hurt you? LOL!
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:55 pm »
AJ, you and semmie look nothing alike. Don't worry.