Author Topic: Crazy taxi city rush  (Read 22186 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Crazy taxi city rush
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »
I wonder why they never bothered patching the ports, since they got the music back for the IOS release.

It would require money and effort for next to zero return.

I would be happy if they just re-released it as Crazy Taxi HD Remix or something.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:38 pm »
I do recall a certain someone at SEGA admitting that the lack of original music in Crazy Taxi's rereleases was a bad idea and a wake up call for them to step it up, which showed when they released NiGHTS, JSR and SA2 HD.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 04:21:00 pm »
I do recall a certain someone at SEGA admitting that the lack of original music in Crazy Taxi's rereleases was a bad idea and a wake up call for them to step it up, which showed when they released NiGHTS, JSR and SA2 HD.
I never tried those ports, are they well done?, so maybe i can try them.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »
I think all three are solid. They do carry over some problems that people had with the original games, but to change that would change the game itself. However stuff like framerate is steady and it's proper widescreen - not stretched. NiGHTS is not a straight port of the Saturn version, it has more in common with the PS2 release, and I believe the Saturn mode is present. Also, Jet Set Radio has the camera mapped to the right stick.

I'd say NiGHTS is the best one, followed by Jet Set Radio, and then Sonic Adventure 2. But they're all solid releases.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »
It would require money and effort for next to zero return.

I would be happy if they just re-released it as Crazy Taxi HD Remix or something.

That makes sense. I forget that fan service isn't really their shtick anymore.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »
I think all three are solid. They do carry over some problems that people had with the original games, but to change that would change the game itself. However stuff like framerate is steady and it's proper widescreen - not stretched. NiGHTS is not a straight port of the Saturn version, it has more in common with the PS2 release, and I believe the Saturn mode is present. Also, Jet Set Radio has the camera mapped to the right stick.

I'd say NiGHTS is the best one, followed by Jet Set Radio, and then Sonic Adventure 2. But they're all solid releases.
kudos

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 08:03:06 am »
I should get NiGHTS on Steam actually. Or do I already have it and just haven't played it yet? I can't remember.

Jet Set Radio I have on XBLA and Steam and it was a wonderful conversion :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:16 am »
JSR HD makes JSRF look low res, which is funny because JSRF made the original JSR look slow and crappy. Now all we need is JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta HD.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »
OK, i tried the game and i think is very good, there are no ads except that if you want to get some benefits so there are opcional ads in other words. Is a bother the fact that you can play only when you have gas in your tank but that shoudnt be a bother because the tank get full quickly or like i just said you can watch ads to fill it. The only problem with the game for me is that is a little repetitive but you can play with a lot of others things that you couldnt do in the original arcade like paint your car or buy some upgrades to improve it. I didnt like the music but i think that you can play your own music in the game if you want to.
In the end i think is worth to give it a try.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 09:24:35 am »
Custom soundtracks are supported, just make a playlist titled "Crazy Taxi" and the game will pull from it - I've loaded a playlist up with music from the first two games, and it is much more "Crazy Taxi-ish" now.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2020, 07:02:36 pm »
SEGA Forever Looks Back on the Crazy Taxi Franchise in a New Retrospective Video

The pop-up video style format gives some interesting factoids on the series, including a look at the Game Boy Advance version which plays better than you’d think. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2020/10/21/sega-forever-looks-back-on-the-crazy-taxi-franchise-in-a-new-retrospective-video/