Author Topic: Politics  (Read 47001 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Politics
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 10:09:16 am »
You guys are not understanding my point.

You're basically saying "well, if you don't vote people get elected anyway". Then why should I give two shits in the first place?
The system is screwed up. I don't want to take any part in it, and I could say the same for half of our population. What's the alternative?

Like in the US. Hilary and Trump were awful candidates from a neutral point of view. Both of them were absolutely despicable. The race was still between them both, so why bother?
I'd be dead before I'd vote for someone so that "X doesn't win". That's propaganda, and it sickens me.

I think that's why some people voted for Trump thinking it was going against the system, but it actually wasn't.  It was pretty much as bad as voting for Goldman Sachs or a Rockerfeller  Why would you trust a business man to be a politician?  That's like voting for Rufus Shinra!  Was it to solve the national debt?  Yeah we're in serious debt, but so far Trump is pulling us even deeper into it.  Then you have the meat heads who claim to be true Americans (Oh i'm sorry, MURICANS.  Pardon my education.) who voted for him to "kick out those dirty Mexicans stealing our jobs, raping our women, and selling us drugs."  This is the same president who is ensuring we remain at war with the middle east just so he can help companies make more money off of war and oil.  It didn't help the democrat side when they started siding with the SJWs who were pushing their agenda on literally anything and everything.  They made anyone who was white, straight, and male look like racist, mysogonistic scum.  And guess what Trump is?  Republicans are anti gay and anti abortion.  Republicans are radical christians.  Democrats have caused riots on the streets and started the black lives matter movement.  It creates this sort of left vs right.  Both sides are forced to be opposite of each other even if politicians are forced to switch sides and flat out lie about their own individual ideals.  It's so stupid.  I'm hoping more people catch on, the media is getting dumber each day, whether it's covering Trump or not.  I'm independent and have been since seeing this crap happen back around the time between Bush and Obama. 
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:44 am »
In the midst of this political chaos, does it even make sense to vote? That's my issue with the whole thing
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:10 am »
I'd say yes. Even if no one really represents your views, you should still vote for the party that is as close to them as you can get. If you don't, you could end up with someone who will really do some damage to your way of life. The current UK election is a great example of this.

There's no way I'm voting for the Tories, so tactically, I'm voting for someone who has the most chance of stopping them.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:01 am »
So you vote against a specific party. I don't want to insult, but that is pretty stupid in light of what the democratic process is supposed to be. And it doesn't even work.

I understand your reasoning, but again, it just goes to show how fucked the system is. And as long as people keep participating, it'll stay the same
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:18 pm »
What would you rather have then? It's not perfect, but it's one of the best systems you can get. The only other way you could make it better is by AV or PR voting which can lead to other problems.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:44:48 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:58 am »
Just let me be in charge :^)
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:45 am »
So a dictatorship? They've worked out so well in the past haven't they :)

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2017, 06:31:29 am »
I'll be the best yet
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2017, 07:05:34 am »
Hehe, least you're one of us I suppose. It'll take sometime before you go power hungry and turn into emperor Palpatine...how long do you think? :D

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:21 am »
If I had all power I'd ban Nintendos day one for sure :D
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2017, 10:48:19 am »
Huh...not all bad then. Throw in some free pizza and I'm onboard!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2017, 11:17:10 am »
Sega Genesis n Chill will be a thing, I can assure you fellow citizens.
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2017, 01:58:26 pm »
I don't see how someone can claim to be a centrist, then turn right around and say they only vote for one party.

Offline Tad

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »
Is that in reference to me?

If so, I never said I vote for one party. I said I won't vote for the tories. The general election in the UK is very different to the nornal one. It's also deciding who handles the EU talks and seeing as the current tory group in charge of it don't have a clue (the main bloke literally said he doesn't have a clue) it would be insane to vote for them.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »
Sega Genesis n Chill will be a thing, I can assure you fellow citizens.

"Make Sega great again."
Be like water.