Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 54460 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Yep, it's that time of the year to talk them movies. We got a lotta Marvel stuff and new Star Wars.

First off, is it just me or was everybody kinda underwhelmed by the Ant-Man teaser trailer? I thought it was OK and I'm excited to see Paul Rudd in a Marvel movie, but I don't think a lot of people were as impressed as I thought.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:00:25 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The Movies of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers 2, Star Wars,etc
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:59:02 pm »
I'm not interested in Marvel's offerings in the slightest. If Edgar Wright were still on for Ant-Man, I would be. Second Avengers really has to shake the formula up, otherwise I'm getting tired of the MCU.

The Force Awakens and Spectre are my most anticipated movies of 2015, and they both release in the final months. :(

Jurassic World and Terminator Genisys (or however they are spelling "Genesis") look interesting, though I am far more hopeful for Jurassic World.

Mad Max: Fury Road just looks like a good ol' fashioned hardcore popcorn flick, cannot wait for that one!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:00:58 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Mad Max looks nothing like old Mad Max. But it still might be good.

SPECTRE might be good, haven't paid any attention to it. It's directed by Sam Mendes again so should be awesome.

Lost a bit of interest in Marvel since GOTG which was my most anticipated film from them. Will go and see them because they are always fun though.

Have near zero interest in Star Wars.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
I feel pretty indifferent about the upcoming blockbusters so far. Maybe as the summer draws near the increase in advertising will spur my interest. In fact, I was looking forward to The Woman in Black 2 more than the recent holiday releases (though I did see The Gambler, which I liked), but based on the reviews I'll probably just wait to see that one on DVD.

Has anyone seen The Imitation Game? Its premise sounds interesting and I do like Benedict Cumberbatch.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:56:24 pm by Nathan Dunsmore »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Mad Max looks awesome, I'm down for that... And I'm going to see Star Wars, just because...
Made by SEGA

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
So this topic reminded me that for the past few days i've kept forgetting to watch Ant-Man trailer and I saw it. I don't feel like it told me much about Ant-Man the character or what's going on in the movie. =P

I don't have much background at all on Ant-man besides some very basic stuff and seeing as he's not super popular right now I am still kinda interested in seeing how that pans out. My expectations...are not high heheh
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Considering the movies that are being planned for release this year, I have to this say:

Ant-Man -  I'm only interested because I want to see Paul Rudd in a superhero movie.

Avengers 2 - So far, it's the big one that I'm looking foward to.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - By far the biggest one, show me a trailer with more stuff and I'll be happy.

Jurassic World - Looks promising, so far.

Furious 7 - Always fun to see Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson onscreen again. Let's see how the movie will fare without Paul Walker.

Hotel Transylvania 2 - The sequel to one of my favorite animated movies

---------- Now the ones that I'm not too crazy about --------------------

Fantastic Four reboot: Directed by the guy who did Chronicle. It's 6 months away from actual release, there's zero promotional material out there. I'm not even sure if this movie even exists anymore.

Terminator: Genesys - I think this particular franchise has run it's course. And the trailer I saw didn't give me anything that we haven't seen in every other movies in this series. I have zero hope or expectations for this one.

Inside Out - I watched the trailer when I went to see Big Hero 6. I have no idea what that movie is.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Yeah the new Terminator looks like hot garbage.

Who the fuck is Paul Rudd and why does everyone have an erection for him?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Yeah the new Terminator looks like hot garbage.

I agree with you on new Terminator. It looks like a mess. So today's Arnold goes back in time and fucks with the T1 timeline by killing the original Arnold? It's just a much unneeded reboot, a concept made popular no doubt by Days of Future Past. Though in X-Men's case, it worked. They wiped out X3 which was garbage and the other films may or may not have happened, but they still did their part in getting us to where the series is now. It worked for me. But the T:G trailer just looks like a mess.

As for Rudd, he's a funny guy. I've liked him in all his movies, even when the movie itself is bad he still does a good job. I could see him pulling off a Chris Pratt with the role.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dXsHMdgRIc
Made by SEGA

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
I Love You, Man was pretty good IMO. I liked him in Our Idiot Brother too

Not my favorite actor or anything but I like him enough I guess
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Paul Rudd is cool, but as a superhero? Nah, it'll be as bad as Seth Rogen playing the Green Hornet.

Looking forward to Star Wars as well.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Interested in Avengers: Age of Ultron for James Spader as Ultron, not sure about Terminator: Genisys even w/Daenerys Targaryan as Sarah Connor, a bit cautious about Jurassic World, Spectre has Christoph Waltz as the villain, The Force Awakens might turn out good, and that's it for me for now.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
Saw Paddington tonight. Charming, delightful little film. Very seamless CGI and not dumbed down for its audience. I'd say it's worthy of the 98% it holds on Rotten Tomatoes.

I've also had friends report that American Sniper is one of the best films they have ever seen.