Author Topic: Sports  (Read 114079 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Sports
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2015, 12:11:34 am »
That's awesome, ive never known a Yotes fan, haha.

I'm a huuuuuuuge Kings fan. I saw em win the Cup both in 12' and 14' seasons, I've got season tickets this year as well.
Really? I've never actually been to a hockey game, but I am a very big fan. I watch it on the television almost every time one of my favorite teams play. The Kings are ok. It's too bad they lost against the Carolina Hurricanes though. It could be possible for the Kings to win their next game. I'm not completely sure about it. I don't really follow them very closely. In fact, you're the first Kings fan that I've ever encountered. You must live in or around Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:13:22 am by pcm92 »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2015, 02:31:42 pm »
Really? I've never actually been to a hockey game, but I am a very big fan. I watch it on the television almost every time one of my favorite teams play. The Kings are ok. It's too bad they lost against the Carolina Hurricanes though. It could be possible for the Kings to win their next game. I'm not completely sure about it. I don't really follow them very closely. In fact, you're the first Kings fan that I've ever encountered. You must live in or around Los Angeles.

You'll love your first game, there's nothing like being there live.

I live 1 hour north of LA, i've had season tickets for a few years now. We've been a pretty solid team for a few years with the exception of last year. A lot of off ice issue led to us missing the Playoffs, but we're #1 in our division right now, so things are looking up.

I'll be at the Kings V Hawks game tonight at Staples Center.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2015, 06:22:13 am »
Why do American sports have leagues that develop into playoffs? What's the point. Why not separate the two things
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2015, 09:36:21 pm »
Why do American sports have leagues that develop into playoffs? What's the point. Why not separate the two things
It wouldn't be fair to the teams in third or fourth place because sometimes they haven't lost a game the entire season.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:13 am »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2015, 09:20:06 am »
It wouldn't be fair to the teams in third or fourth place because sometimes they haven't lost a game the entire season.
That doesn't make any sense. There are plenty of ways to separate teams.
If it works in a low scoring game, why doesn't it work in the NBA? I don't see the point of the 76rs being in the same league as the Cavs or the Heat.
Not only that, what's the point of the Warriors playing in the league now that they are practically qualified for the playoffs with more than half season to go?
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2015, 08:38:07 pm »
That doesn't make any sense. There are plenty of ways to separate teams.
If it works in a low scoring game, why doesn't it work in the NBA? I don't see the point of the 76rs being in the same league as the Cavs or the Heat.
Not only that, what's the point of the Warriors playing in the league now that they are practically qualified for the playoffs with more than half season to go?
Oh. Basketball? I'm not too sure. I watch hockey and college football, until the Olympics came on. I grew up in Oklahoma. I had many friends and family members who were  college football fanatics there. I currently go to college in Arizona, where there are suprizingly a lot of hockey fans. I have been to a couple of football games. Just not a hockey game yet. I do plan to go soon and I have heard it is a great experience.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2015, 12:45:06 pm »
Arsenal are likely going to win the Title after beating Manchester City.

Congratulations Aki if that is the case, but you still need to beat Leicester and Man United to keep up that pace!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2015, 02:20:50 pm »
Arsenal are likely going to win the Title after beating Manchester City.

Congratulations Aki if that is the case, but you still need to beat Leicester and Man United to keep up that pace!

Is that a joke bruv.

Because I think it is, that's like saying we should be worried about Tottenham too el oh el!

Good game though, funny how you guys could have been ahead just before we took the lead : P

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:11 pm »
Arsenal are beasts. I don't doubt that they'll take the title.

Reds have had some good looks since Klopp took over, but that game on Sunday was terrible.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:51 am »
Is that a joke bruv.

Because I think it is, that's like saying we should be worried about Tottenham too el oh el!

Good game though, funny how you guys could have been ahead just before we took the lead : P

lol I am honest here. :)

Tottenham have been lucky at this rate. We lost to them when I believe we should have won (although that's how football works, lol)

Yeah, I was kind of frustrated at De Bruyne not passing to Silva as it was a clear cut chance there, but you did good!

I think Liverpool will overtake United. Van Gaal has been a disaster to them and my brother hopes he's gone soon (United fan).

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:04 am »
I'm definitely ready for baseball season to start. I hope the Brewers do better this year.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:30:44 pm by Spock »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »
Pretty excited about this League's Title Race to be honest.

Could be any of the Top 4 now!

I thought we were out and Arsenal had it, but I am shocked that they didn't beat Southampton!

We now have Leicester, we can't let this slip!

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2016, 10:49:57 pm »
Does anyone else agree that soccer is really... boring? Why can't SURFING be an Olympic sport? I would love to see that in Brazil this year!

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2016, 01:57:40 am »
Does anyone else agree that soccer is really... boring? Why can't SURFING be an Olympic sport? I would love to see that in Brazil this year!

Yup, but so is surfing so...