Author Topic: Did we just get a mobile version?  (Read 11224 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Did we just get a mobile version?
« on: May 03, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »
What is this?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Did we just get a mobile version?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 04:47:40 pm »
Via Will in the off topic forum (should have been posted here, but we can just treat this as the official announcement thread):

SMF released an update to make their default theme responsive. I installed the mod and it didn't work well at all on our theme since I have tweaked it a lot over the years. but since all the heavy work was taken care of by SMF, i went in and tweaked things manually.

Some things are still a bit buggy, but it beats having to pinch and zoom on the desktop layout.

Of course, if you like tapatalk, then you can keep using that for now.

We are looking at different forum software and plan to switch sometime this year, so this is only a temporary mobile layout.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 05:32:26 pm »
I didn't think it was a major enough thing to make an announcement about. I don't mind either way. Everything is cool.

I've just now disabled the tapatalk splash screen that used to show up when viewing the forums on a mobile device. Or at least it shouldn't show up anymore. You can still use tapatalk though.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:29:35 am »
Lovin it Will. Kudos

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 05:28:09 pm »
Lovin it Will. Kudos
That is great to hear. I wasn't a fan of tapatalk so I would just browse the desktop layout on my phone. Was certainly a pain. Now I'm posting from my phone on the way home with ease. I didn't like how tapatalk ate up data and battery life by running constantly even when I had it closed.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 06:58:58 pm »
The format just changed on my phone again. I fucking love this!!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 08:13:08 am »
The format just changed on my phone again. I fucking love this!!

Great. Thought it was strange that you disliked it and was maybe thinking it was a weird issue. So it does seem it was some kind of cache issue. Glad it's working for you now.

I get motion sick when riding the bus when im feeling tired after a long day, and looking at segabits was always a chore for me cause i had to always pinch to zoom and scroll back and forth, always made me feel even more sick. So I personally feel like is a huge improvement.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 11:55:07 am »
Yeah, the text was not wrapping before so I always had to pinch to zoom. Great job on this though, it's awesome, dude.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88