Author Topic: AM2 hiring Virtua Fighter. VF6 incoming?  (Read 28629 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: AM2 hiring Virtua Fighter. VF6 incoming?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:14 am »
Do you really think that VF5 is gritty? I would have to disagree, it's still got all the bright colours and blue skies and whatnot I think. Look at Jeffry's stage or Vanessa's stage for example, not to mention the fun they have with the customisations.
No  I was talking about VF5 various boards, the grittiness was VF4. Should have put them more closer together to make my point clearer, just didn't have the time to.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 02:00:30 am »
  I hope it is VIRTUA FIGHTER 6, and not another Android/iOS shitty apply.

OMG! I can't believe Sega is only doing "games" for mobile telephones now...

Offline STORM!

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 02:41:44 am »
I would see a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Fighter in the next Virtua Fighter !

Vanessa uses some Brazilian jyuujyutsu moves, and I thought she was brazilian, since her nationality is secret... but Sega has intentions to include a capoeira fighter since Virtua Fighter 1.

Sadly, namco has made it up first  :-\

I hope to see a capoeirista on the next game, and I have already sent my suggestion to Kataoka, the series producer.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:06 am »
  I hope it is VIRTUA FIGHTER 6, and not another Android/iOS shitty apply.

OMG! I can't believe Sega is only doing "games" for mobile telephones now...

It is all a foolish decision from management because they fail to see that their dire marketing is causing their games to sell less and less as well as a terrible economic climate. With big publishers like Zynga on the verge of collapse who make their business solely on iOS/social games, you can see how it really is a terrible idea.

SEGA, and other publishers, should have made social/iOS games a part of their portfolio, not have a large group of employees work on just that industry.

On the plus side, last fiscal quarter SEGA made I believe 2 billion yen more in retail games than they predicted, hopefully they might eventually reconsider their decision to focus on the mobile phone market one day before it is too late.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:49 am »
What do you think they need to change in gameplay

Not much But I wish the team would sort out the jumping issues one and for all.

That's also the same reason I don't want the different level backgrounds to come back, I don't really see much benefit to it to be honest.

I think the team need to and make them totally dynamic with weather conditions and big set pieces like those in DOA 5   . DOA 5 has really moved the ball forward in that interactive stage design and the VF team need to act on it, otherwise it be just like VF5 a sequel by the numbers and I don't think that's good enough anymore .

In sort AM#2 need to do what SEGA & Sumo did with Sonic All Star Racing 2 and totally shake up the genre and bring in interactive and dynamic systems   
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline STORM!

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:54 am »
  A rare thing: I agree with TA  :P  That's what Yu Suzuki was trying to do all the time...

I LOVE YU SUZUKI!!  :-*  BRING SOME FIREBALLS, RAYS AND SPARKS TO VIRTUA FIGHTER 6!! YESSS! 8)

(He was trying to do that on PSY-PHI  ;D)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
what jumping issues? have you played FS?
the jumping now feels great IMO.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:50 pm »
  BRING SOME FIREBALLS, RAYS AND SPARKS TO VIRTUA FIGHTER 6!! YESSS! 8)

No no no! Keep fireballs and lasers away from VF!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:13 pm »

I think the team need to and make them totally dynamic with weather conditions and big set pieces like those in DOA 5   . DOA 5 has really moved the ball forward in that interactive stage design and the VF team need to act on it, otherwise it be just like VF5 a sequel by the numbers and I don't think that's good enough anymore .

In sort AM#2 need to do what SEGA & Sumo did with Sonic All Star Racing 2 and totally shake up the genre and bring in interactive and dynamic systems

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

That is the single worst thing I could ever imagine happening to Virtua Fighter. Seriously, I don't even know where to begin. The game is made to be a competitive fighter, do you really think Sega should piss everything away and make it a terrible DOA clone!?

Set pieces and all that stuff looks fun for the first 20 minutes you play the game, then it just gets in the way of the gameplay, especially considering VF's main target is the hardcore fighting game crowd. You're basically asking them to piss off their entire existing fanbase, which is fragile enough as it is, and then make some vain attempt to attract Casuals. Sorry, but the casual market for fighting games is drying up and even then they won't be swayed from Street Fighter and Brawl. It's not going to happen.
VF needs to focus on it's target market and be the best, most balanced technical competitive fighter out there, that's it's core strength and without it, it's NOTHING.

I mean Sega All Stars Racing? It's a Mario Kart clone to disgusting lengths, even where the first game used incredibly thinly veiled pastiches of the weapons from Mario Kart. It's a completely different beast too, you may as well say 'Hey guys, this iRacing game (look it up) is kinda fun and all, but they should include weapons and turbo boosts to try to win the Mario Kart crowd!'

Yes I mad, I got a nerve struck. Also, what jumping issue? The jumping mechanics in FS are the best in a VF i've yet played.

A rare thing: I agree with TA  :P  That's what Yu Suzuki was trying to do all the time...

I LOVE YU SUZUKI!!  :-*  BRING SOME FIREBALLS, RAYS AND SPARKS TO VIRTUA FIGHTER 6!! YESSS! 8)

I can't tell if you are serious or not. Go play MVC3 if you want that stuff. I'm not saying games with Lasers and explosions and shit aren't fun, they are (I enjoy KOF and MVC as well) but why change VF into something it's not? It'll please nobody and kill the series.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 03:23:22 pm »
Sorry, but ASRT is not a "a Mario Kart clone to disgusting lengths".  ???

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 03:28:22 pm »
Sorry, I meant to specify the first game. Second one admittedly looks much better :)

Offline Randroid

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:29 pm »
VF needs to focus on it's target market and be the best, most balanced technical competitive fighter out there, that's it's core strength and without it, it's NOTHING.

^^This.

Let the spin-off series like "Fighter's Megamix" get silly with projectiles and shit. VF as a numbered series must remain the most grounded and hardcore of All Hardcore fighters (which it currently is). Gimmick up the non-gameplay affecting costumes all you want, no Gimmicks for the core gameplay, please! VF has a firm hold on its niche, and is slowly building up its competitive community here in the west around it.

Also, VF is perfect as it is, simply perfect. I'm shocked every time this game gets better because I found every iteration to be a perfect game through and through.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 04:07:57 pm »
Exactly what Mang said. If that happened to Virtua Fighter than I am off from ever playing this series again, I am sure he would be too and most of the fanbase too. At a time when they are struggling for profits, are they really going to try something so risky and to me, downright silly, to the series?

If SEGA want to spice the fighting genre, they spice it up with a new IP. What is the point of a sequel if it abandons the core values of the series? It might as well be an entirely new game.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:13:49 pm by Aki-at »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 06:33:46 am »
The game is made to be a competitive fighter, do you really think Sega should piss everything away and make it a terrible DOA clone

? VF 3tb was a competitive fighter . What I want is VF 6 that builds on its multi tiered backrounds , but with the speed and pace of the modern fighter like VF 5

I mean Sega All Stars Racing? It's a Mario Kart clone to disgusting lengths

Yes the 2nd game that really moved the ball forward and where its pissed on Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7

VF needs to focus on it's target market and be the best, most balanced technical competitive fighter out there, that's it's core strength and without it, it's NOTHING

That market is shirking , people move on sadly . VF 5 sales are nothing to that of VF 4 and SEGA needs to make a fighter that can really move VF series forward

have you played FS

Yes I have it onthe 360
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision