Author Topic: Zeno Clash UE  (Read 6202 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Zeno Clash UE
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:47:01 pm »
I just discovered this is coming to XBLA, it's a first person brawler/adventure game ,and it's supposed to be quite brilliant.

Anybody played the PC game via Steam or have any experience with it? I think I'll definitely need to check this out when it hits XBLA.

[youtube:3pdmlulx]Qolk9u-rKUk[/youtube:3pdmlulx]

The Art direction is really interesting, looks like something out of a bad nightmare.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Zeno Clash UE
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:34:57 am »
Sort of has a Panzer Dragoon/Shadowman/Soul Reaver/Oddworld look. I like it!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:15:07 pm »
It is an "Indie Game" that has been in development for like five years I think. I remember my friend showing me footage of it like three years ago, and even then it looked pretty good. I have to at least try out the demo.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »
It doesn't look very interesting at all. Nothing about that trailer grabs me as a must-buy.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:33:53 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
It doesn't look very interesting at all. Nothing about that trailer grabs me as a must-buy.

Oh really? I thought if nothing else the style of the world is very interesting, it really looks quite creepy and distubring to me. It's also completely based on First Person hand-to-hand fighting which you don't see very often at all, and it supposedly does it quite well.

Anyway, as Snaus said, it is an Indie game that got released last year on PC via Steam I think, it was met with very positive reviews from what I understand and now its making it's way to XBLA.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:29 am »
I had already seen this game. Has always seemed bland and uninteresting to me..
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:16 pm »
I looked at some gameplay videos of this a while ago, the art style and mood of the world looks right up my street, I really enjoy unique worlds like this.

Unfortunitly the gameplay is not up my street in the slightest. =(
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:56:47 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
I looked at some gameplay videos of this a while ago, the art style and mood of the world looks right up my street, I really enjoy unique worlds like this.

Unfortunitly the gameplay is not up my street in the slightest. =(

I thought you enjoyed Condemned though, which seems to be the closest thing to this game.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:17 am »
Mario Sez: It'sa now out in the X-ah Box arcade! Hoo-hoo!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:41:21 am »
Downloading now, will post thoughts when I get the Trial!

EDIT: Just played the demo and bought the full thing. Really cool game. The controls take some getting used to, but within the demo  I got the knack of it and was fighting with ease. The visuals are really great and creepy and cool, and i can't wait to explore more of the world.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 03:46:25 pm »
Played the demo, was not feeling the gameplay at first, but once I got into it, I had a really good time.

The art especially is something not shown off as well in the trailers I think. Once you see it all in-game, it really is fantastic (sans maybe some of the humanoid women). I especially love the art of the merchants and the weapons.

I think the demo should have gone on for a bit longer as the first fight and the tutorial are nowhere near as fun as the one right at the end. Something that really surprised me was how they were able to get the gun and hand-to-hand combat work together so well. Usually in other games you just win if you have a gun or it is pathetically weak and pointless, so they have a very good mix here.

I will most likely pick it up in the future. Very cool game, I am actually pretty impressed.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »
^I'm really glad you liked it, I think everyone here would like at least something about it.

After the demo, the game just gets better and better. The 'Corwid of the Free' in the forest are really interesting scary. The best part so far has been a fight with a bounty hunter, easily my favourite character in the game so far ("I may be blind, Ghat, but I know I'm aiming at her brain...").

It's all very varied and interesting as well. The environments and the gameplay is really interesting and changes a lot.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 04:46:10 pm »
^^^That sounds badass. You will also have to tell me how long the game is! I was looking through the chapters and it seemed like it goes on for quite some time.

I am not sure what it was... It might be some of the side characters art, or the world or something, but I got a weird Dreamcast-y feeling when I was playing Zeno Clash. Does the same thing happen to you? Can you place your finger on it?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 04:53:20 pm »
Oh yes, the Bounty Hunter is really cool. Theres other things I want to tell you about him, but I don't want to give anything away or ruin the surprise.

As for the length, it's hard to say but I must have been playing for a couple of hours by now, and I haven't got any achievements whatsoever yet. I know that I haven't even gotten to the Tower or Pit challenges yet, so it seems like it's fairly long. It also has co-op challenges and single player timed challenges I think.

As for the Dreamcasty feel, I dont' know if I would say Dreamcast specifically, but it does have a very distinct feel about it. Some of the level designs feel very reminiscent of Dreamcast games, and I think coupled with the older looking graphics (since it's pretty much an independant game) might give it that old-fashioned feeling. I think it was Barry who pointed out that the world seems a bit like Panzer Dragoon's universe, so that could have something to do with it as well.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »
Shall try it later tonight.