Author Topic: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015  (Read 15065 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866919960035802&permPage=1

Stating that they found more possiblites with the open world and they want to explore them. I remember being excited for Twilight Princess then it was delayed so they can release a Wii port along with it... if they do the same with Wii U, i'll stop being Nintendo products.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Zelda Wii U has been delayed, won't come out 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:57:23 pm »
It'd be surprising if the game wasn't delayed, it looked very unfinished in the gameplay preview they showed late last year and most console Zelda games miss their intended release date.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:17:34 pm »
I dont get why people make a really big problem with delays...i believe that if the company delayed a game is because they have their reasons, and if the final product is good then i think is OK. Cmon, is just wait a little bit longer, is not that serious.

Another story is, if the company put the game to pre-order and AFTER that the delay come out...i dont agree with that practice.

Anyway, i wasnt interested in ZELDA Wii U so this doesnt affect me.

Offline George

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:42:41 pm »
I'm not mad that its delayed, if its really to improve the game and not 'wait for another console to come out to port it to' like Twilight Princess did.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:59:07 pm »
Now the question is how Nintendo is gonna sell WiiUs in Holiday 2015 or overall well all the year?

I mean, Yoshi Wolly World and Splatoon look good but I don't see how this games are going to sell or increase the sales of the console.

Offline George

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:02:19 pm »
Yeah and neither are Xenoblade Chronicles and 'Star Fox' that they haven't even showed yet. We shall see how it goes at E3 this year but I have a feeling its going to be Star Fox reveal and a bunch of 2016 teasers and the initial reveal of NX (which I don't think will be a Wii U replacement...)

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:06:35 pm »
Xenoblade is pretty likely for this year in the west, seeing how it releases next month in Japan. It wouldn't be surprising if Nintendo will try to heavily advertise that. Splatoon has the potential to be a cult hit I think.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:20:29 pm by TimmiT »

Offline George

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:17:16 pm »
But how well will the game do? I mean, how well did Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 do? I mean, when Smash Bros wasn't enough to make a splash like Nintendo wanted I very much doubt Star Fox, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles, Yoshi's Wooly World will do much to change people's minds on the Wii U hardware.

Personally think that teasing a new platform with NX was the wrong move for hardcore consumers online, at least most people see it as a lack of faith in the Wii U platform.

As a Wii U owner tho, I'm happy since I'm looking forward to all those games.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 08:22:18 pm »
I doubt that at this point that Nintendo is still trying to make the Wii U a big hit, and is instead trying to cater to the audience they already have. And as they release more games, more people who are normally interested in Nintendo stuff will likely buy the Wii U as its libary becomes larger.

Offline George

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
That's nice, too bad its already too late and I don't think minor Nintendo games will save the console. Smash Bros and Zelda are the big guns. Though I have a feeling an announcement of a REAL Mario game is coming soon (no spin-off).

Super Mario Universe?

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »
Well, like I said, Nintendo probably isn't trying to make the Wii U a big hit anymore, at this point they may as well make it something for a niche market. If they were still trying they wouldn't be launching a new console in seemingly 2 years or so.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 12:54:51 am »
I didnt care about any other delays like uncharted 4 or quantam break. Im really gutted with this news however. Seeing eiji aonuma explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Pzdl1wdUM

I mean I can get behind the reason. But I was really looking forward to having myself sink into the first real open world zelda game.

I mean there's still Xenoblade X and probably some other stuff. But we'll see. Nin likes to surprise at E3. The other time they anounced 3d world. Then last year it was captain toad i didnt care much about. Who knows this year may bring something nice
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:16:53 am by CrazyT »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 02:21:23 pm »
As usual Nintendo is slow at making games.

Back in the day, Sega had 5x games as Nintendo and with equal quality.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

True. Those were good times man.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »

Back in the day, games were only 2D and had far more limited capabilities. Now the same kind of game would be 5 to 15 bucks on Steam, PSN, XBLA or the eShop.

Also, we're still unironically saying SEGA IS BETTER THAN NINTENDO in the year 2015?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:53:35 pm by TimmiT »