Author Topic: Any predictions for the Sonic Joypolis event today?  (Read 8661 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Any predictions for the Sonic Joypolis event today?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 04:50:59 pm »
Don't understand how that even became a thing really.

It was cool to see the original Sonic in Generations, but it also showed how dated it would look.
Personally I like classic sonic's evolution during the saturn era the most. Think of sonic jam and sonic the fighers(also capsule toys in shenmue). Perfection imo

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »
They released this Sonic figure a couple years ago and I think this is probably the best design for him I've seen... I think it's a best of both worlds look... And I think the Sonic Runners model is pretty close to this:

Made by SEGA

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:07:12 pm »
I don't care about Sonic's design, I'm more concerned with Sonic during that year. We don't know what that Sonic 25th Anniversary game is gonna be like (though personally that "going back to roots" statement doesn't give me confidence), and all we have to fall back on are yet another mediocre Sonic & Mario game and another Sonic Boom game that we know so little about.

Frankly, stuff like is why I'm more interested in the Puyo Puyo 25th Anniversary next year.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 07:56:56 pm »
They released this Sonic figure a couple years ago and I think this is probably the best design for him I've seen... I think it's a best of both worlds look... And I think the Sonic Runners model is pretty close to this:

indeed it is. What makes it good imo is because he looks well proportionate. Im a lot more at peace with modern sonic than I used to during the sonic 4 debacle, but if theres one thing that always stood out to me it was never the eyes, but it was the overall lankyness(if thats the right word) and how huge his head was starting to look with the quills getting bigger and bigger. For some reason especially in sonic 4 it didnt look right to me. While in the 3d games it doesnt stand out that much.

While im fine with whatever, these are just my thoughts. Overall a great game is all I ask for, any other detail would just be extra
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:02:25 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 09:20:12 pm »
I think they got his design pretty great in Sonic Colours, Generations and Lost World... At the very least it was inoffensive. If Sonic Runners model is anything to go by they seem to be heading towards that Sonic Toy model.

The worst designs were the Sonic Adventure DX, Heroes, Shadow and Sonic 06 era... That whole time frame was an ugly mess.
Made by SEGA

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 10:17:24 pm »

This is my personal favorite look for Sonic; I know he looked nothing like this in the game itself, but this style displayed on the boxart I think suits him the best.

That said, I also realize that this look might seem a little bit dated today....but that's why character design evolves/changes over time. That's why I never understood this large portion of the Sonic community who complains that Sonic needs to look like how he did on the Genesis. Sonic's design changed with the times, as should all characters.

I'm with Sharky in that I really don't care much, lol.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:23:10 pm by Ben »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:22 pm »
Put my vote in the "doesn't care" category.  I prefer a look closer to classic but as long as it's not the man in a suit we got for 06, I'm good. 

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:17 am »
I wouldn't say I don't care as such - the boom designs look awful. But, it is low on my list. Classic Sonic on generations was nice, but like I said, it did look dated. He seemed podgy. That Saturn design looks about right though.