Author Topic: SEGA Rhythm Games - Up Down Up Down Chu Chu Chu  (Read 186455 times)

Online Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Rhythm Games - Up Down Up Down Chu Chu Chu
« Reply #615 on: July 05, 2022, 07:08:59 pm »
I wonder why SEGA doesn't make All-Star games anymore.
Even if it's a SEGA All-Star Dancing game I will still auto buy it.

I believe they only make Sega All-Star games as "big risk, big reward" sort of games.

Sega Superstars for examples was never really a polished game if you thinkabout it, just a compliation of EyeToy games because Sega were curious what they could do with it, thus it was an experimental piece. Same for Superstar Tennis when the Wiimote was a brand new innovative way to play games.

The All-Star Racing games... I believe was Sega's way of trying to find their own Super Smash Bros. like game. A game where new characters and content could be added on scheduled dates but still have competitive yet engaging gameplay. It's why Team Sonic Racing was regarded a disappointment to some since it was just a Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing game without the Sega All-Stars.

Now days I don't really regard Sega that willing to be experimental. They will only try new things (such as Sonic Frontiers being open-worlded) if they believe it will be a success. The All-Star games (as well as their Kinect games) were really just experimental games without regards to turn much of a profit.

I do have a few ideas for Sega All-Star games myself I would love to see Sega make.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #616 on: July 05, 2022, 08:36:29 pm »
I believe they only make Sega All-Star games as "big risk, big reward" sort of games.

Sega Superstars for examples was never really a polished game if you thinkabout it, just a compliation of EyeToy games because Sega were curious what they could do with it, thus it was an experimental piece. Same for Superstar Tennis when the Wiimote was a brand new innovative way to play games.

The All-Star Racing games... I believe was Sega's way of trying to find their own Super Smash Bros. like game. A game where new characters and content could be added on scheduled dates but still have competitive yet engaging gameplay. It's why Team Sonic Racing was regarded a disappointment to some since it was just a Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing game without the Sega All-Stars.

Now days I don't really regard Sega that willing to be experimental. They will only try new things (such as Sonic Frontiers being open-worlded) if they believe it will be a success. The All-Star games (as well as their Kinect games) were really just experimental games without regards to turn much of a profit.

I do have a few ideas for Sega All-Star games myself I would love to see Sega make.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania could be a game where new characters and content could be added on scheduled dates.
But may be the sale's wasn't as high as they expected.

Sega Superstars was really disappointing, but I enjoyed SEGA Superstars Tennis.
Take what's good from Virtua Tennis but use SEGA characters instead.

And why stopped at Tennis, why not other sports?
And then I remember Olympic series was basically is that game but using Mario & Sonic characters.
Imagine if they could secure a deal with Nintendo to make Nintendo & SEGA Olympic Games instead just Mario & Sonic universe.
But I guess Nintendo wouldn't allow that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #617 on: July 05, 2022, 09:17:59 pm »
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the ATLUS/SEGA booth in Anime Expo 2022!

Anime Expo 2022 has come to an end!
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the ATLUS/SEGA booth this year!
We took a little family photo to celebrate.

Source : https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1544081568901124096

Offline Berto

« Reply #618 on: July 06, 2022, 12:20:22 am »
O.N.G.E.K.I - "Overcolored Diary Music" | Irodorimidori (Seventh Anniversary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzdeDirFggY

Online Mystic Monkey

« Reply #619 on: July 06, 2022, 12:21:26 am »
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania could be a game where new characters and content could be added on scheduled dates.
But may be the sale's wasn't as high as they expected.

New characters have been quiet from Banana Mania, has sales peaked already for no more characters?
Sega Superstars was really disappointing, but I enjoyed SEGA Superstars Tennis.
Take what's good from Virtua Tennis but use SEGA characters instead.

And why stopped at Tennis, why not other sports?
And then I remember Olympic series was basically is that game but using Mario & Sonic characters.
Imagine if they could secure a deal with Nintendo to make Nintendo & SEGA Olympic Games instead just Mario & Sonic universe.
But I guess Nintendo wouldn't allow that.
Sega All-Stars can be a lot of things than just sports Sega Superstars was pretty decent for an EyeToy game.

I came up with a few Sega All-Star ideas myself because I can see potential in Nintendo making new amiibos with them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #620 on: July 06, 2022, 12:30:01 am »
New characters have been quiet from Banana Mania, has sales peaked already for no more characters?

The reason of no more new DLC characters I think because the price for DLC characters ($4.99) were too high.
While I love Suezo and Morgana (and probably others love Hello Kitty), I wouldn't buy them at the price.

Sega All-Stars can be a lot of things than just sports Sega Superstars was pretty decent for an EyeToy game.

I came up with a few Sega All-Star ideas myself because I can see potential in Nintendo making new amiibos with them.

Nintendo's kinda abandoned amiibo function lately.
Only few new games that still support it.

Online Mystic Monkey

« Reply #621 on: July 06, 2022, 02:39:35 am »
The reason of no more new DLC characters I think because the price for DLC characters ($4.99) were too high.
While I love Suezo and Morgana (and probably others love Hello Kitty), I wouldn't buy them at the price.
They could always half it and make an announcement over it. Sell tice as hard and for twice as less to make up for loss.
Nintendo's kinda abandoned amiibo function lately.
Only few new games that still support it.
I still for my Sonic amiibo NRFB. I never bothered to collect any other amiibo because I ain't a Nintendork. But if Sega were to convince Nintendo to make amiibos based on Sega All-Star characters then I would buy.

Offline Berto

« Reply #622 on: July 06, 2022, 04:35:39 am »
They could always half it and make an announcement over it. Sell tice as hard and for twice as less to make up for loss.

Nowadays SEGA wouldn't do that, they'd rather left the project and move to a new one..
I meant look at new Sakura Wars (PS4).
They could always make a Switch version of it and make profit of it.
(It worked great for Demon Slayer and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim,
but they were not developed by SEGA internal team)
But they decided to move away from Sakura franchise to focus on other franchise.

I still for my Sonic amiibo NRFB. I never bothered to collect any other amiibo because I ain't a Nintendork. But if Sega were to convince Nintendo to make amiibos based on Sega All-Star characters then I would buy.

Auto buy too for me.
I have Sonic too (and Duck Hunt).
Only use them for Mario Odyssey back then for bonuses.
I don't even use them for Smash Bros, they're easy to unlock anyway.

Offline Berto

« Reply #623 on: July 06, 2022, 08:50:14 pm »
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - Anime Expo 2022 Recap Video (shorts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiOfoWkUBFs

Offline Berto

« Reply #624 on: July 06, 2022, 08:54:53 pm »
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! -Happy attribute cards~

Need some cards to help with the event? 🤔
You're in luck, because this Gacha is jam packed with Happy attribute cards~
Available until: July 10, 20:59 (PDT) /July 11, 03:59 (UTC) 📅

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1544804068790525952

Offline Berto

« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2022, 12:05:10 am »
Project Sekai Colorful Stage! Feat. Hatsune Miku - "Meryu"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsORTuF4438

Online Mystic Monkey

« Reply #626 on: July 07, 2022, 04:48:47 pm »
Nowadays SEGA wouldn't do that, they'd rather left the project and move to a new one..
I meant look at new Sakura Wars (PS4).
They could always make a Switch version of it and make profit of it.
(It worked great for Demon Slayer and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim,
but they were not developed by SEGA internal team)
But they decided to move away from Sakura franchise to focus on other franchise.

Auto buy too for me.
I have Sonic too (and Duck Hunt).
Only use them for Mario Odyssey back then for bonuses.
I don't even use them for Smash Bros, they're easy to unlock anyway.
Couldn't they remake the Sakura Wars sequels?

Offline Berto

« Reply #627 on: July 07, 2022, 08:33:27 pm »
Couldn't they remake the Sakura Wars sequels?

I know it's very popular in Japan, but internationally the sales weren't that good for ones that brought to the west.

Offline Berto

« Reply #628 on: July 08, 2022, 12:52:30 am »
Project Sekai - Doctor = Funk Beat / Vivid BAD SQUAD × KAITO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XM0ECUqTE

Online Mystic Monkey

« Reply #629 on: July 09, 2022, 05:43:36 am »
I know it's very popular in Japan, but internationally the sales weren't that good for ones that brought to the west.
That's a pity. Just goes to show I guess despite the popularity or desire for something doesn't mean sales are guaranteed.