Author Topic: Looking over 2013, your plans for 2014  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Looking over 2013, your plans for 2014
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:04:28 pm »
Since we are nearing the end of the year i thought this could be an interesting topic. Have you achieved what you wanted to achieve in the year 2013, or are you in the middle of working towards your goals?

I personally don't like new years goals. I think they are bound to fail and a bit bandwagony, I think a person should make goals for themselves whenever they feel the need for them. I do think near the end of the year is a good time to start looking over things though and see if you are on the path you want to be on. See if you need to make any changes to your goals.

For 2013 I didn't achieve nearly everything I wanted to, but I feel I made some decent progress in various things. and I'm going to continue working on those things for 2014. Hopefully make some bigger steps towards achieving my dreams in life.

So, what about you?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Looking over 2013, your plans for 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »
I'd say i'm doing slightly better than i had thought at this point. I have a better job than i thought i would and can afford to take care of my family.

For 2014: Probably to buy my own house or rent out an apartment somewhere.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:23:19 am »
My plan last year was really simple for me, and I think I succeeded at it. It was finding piece in myself. Learning and adapting myself to be happy with whatever it is that comes and takes place on my path. It's strange because this wasn't initially a real goal for myself but because of some circumstances it just happened. And with that I became a lot more confident and worried less, and things just started to become better themselves.

Now for 2014, i've mentioned this before in another thread I think, but i'm planning on settling. I've got a job but it's not something I wanna keep doing all my life. But it gives me a good income towards my next job whatever it'll be. So basically my goals for 2014 is getting a contract for a job whatever it'll be as long as I enjoy doing it. And settle with my girlfriend(perhaps future wife)

We'll see basically. As long I got my passion for videogames and the joy I get from them, I think i'll survive.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:15:30 am »
No, I actually hated last year due to problems with my sleeping and my job.

Job's a little bit better towards the end of the year, but then they switched techniques so now I am less efficient. Really unsure on what to do with my life now.

Thinking of saving now for Japan before I get too old. Portugal would be a nice trip if I can't get enough for Japan by the summer (It won't cost much to get there at least!).

I need to lose weight (lost some earlier in the year but became depressed over said problems), and get out more (I am really bad at independence so that's a goal for me), I made somewhat a new friend at the latter half of 2013 so that's nice.

Hoping nothing bad happens this year to delay yet another chance to do more.

Doubt I'll get a girlfriend but I may as well hope that happens (I haven't dated since 2006, and even that was a bad time for me)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:17:55 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »
Goals for 2014:

-Move out of my parent's house and get a studio apartment;
-Work harder;
-Stay fit;
-Try to watch the entire series of Dexter in a couple of weeks;
-Sell some of the junk I have lying around;

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:55 am »
nice stuff to be working towards to, guys! good luck with your goals.

I've been thinking, swinging back and forth between depression and feeling okay. A goal I just thought of this morning is I want to improve my technical art skills and gain confidence to post my work on the conceptart.org forums for critique.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

They are brutally honest there. There is no way I'd post my stuff there right now. I want to improve more first. I know what I need to improve. Shading, hands, better proportions... perspective, among other things, but i feel those 4 are the most important at the moment. So my goal is by the end of this year to feel confident enough my abilities and create a topic on the conceptart forums to start getting some serious feedback.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27:43 pm »
I am working on my fictional works. I have alot of things I have been working on, since the "start" of my college years ( 2002-2005-2012 ). However due to problems like all problems people tend to have around college years, as well as certain national problems, my work ha been held back.

This year I started again..........I got some basic things done, I just to figure out the rest.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 08:26:18 am »
As of May 2014:

-Studio apartment: It's gonna take a little while longer.
-Fitness: Ohhh yeaaah!
-Dexter marathon: Done. Last two seasons were pure torture.
-Sell some junk: Being doing it every month on my town's local fleamarket.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 02:29:24 pm »
-Going to release a ficitonal series...maybe even a videogame, if I could ever get it done.