Author Topic: New Sega Indent  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: New Sega Indent
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:11 am »
Well at least I and you know that Sega can do a fantastic game but there is always some sort of problem with not doing localization, console port etc.

People ask for ports of their old games these days because they think Sega can not actually make any new games

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
Isn't that bad enough let's also look at some of the low points since Sammy took over SEGA where SEGA games either poor or in most cases disappointing to add to that list

Altered Beast, Sega Rally 2006, Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Valkyria and so it goes on.

It's not that they're all really bad games, its not that SEGA Japan doesn't make the odd fab game, its more its all  so average and so boring. Where is the creative, energetic SEGA Japan for the mid-1990's, that even was on display for the PS2 , Cubeand Xbox where is the that world class tech gone from Japan. It's all so safe, all so boring and that reflecting on this board ..
Hardly any new Threads on the latest SEGA wonder game, even the banner headlines on this site needs to list games and news not directly related to SEGA Projects

SEGA isn't making Shenmue III (which is shaming), got no hand in Wonderboy, Nothing to do with REZ VR  and so on . It be nice to see a real next gen SEGA Japan game, the last I saw of that was Binary Domain . Its been a long time and since then we've have Canvas Tech and the Team go to waste and their series outsourced, PSO Online  left to Japan only and endless yearly sequel to Yakuza with basic improvements to gameplay and tech. Seen new fancy logos from Sammy before (with had one with one of the Yakuza games) heard all about a roadmap before too even Joe used to talk of it way back in the SEGA nerds days . To me all we get is a new Yakuza game, and more outsourcing, while the teams work on Mobile and I, wouldn't say too much, but for all the talk of SEGA doing so great on Mobile.. Square, konami and even Namco do better on Mobile and Namco

Namco about to bring out Tekken 7, we haven't got VF 6 yet and I think I'm right in saying Tekken does better business now in the Arcades that VF . Thanks for nothing Sammy .

Well Sega is bringing back old IPs, but yeah.  it hasn't been as imaginative since Dreamcast and early Gamecube Era (Billy Hatcher, anyone?) I would LOVE VF6!  I'm still playing VF5 on PS3.  :D  Sega of America was more prominent in the 90s too.  Since Saturn though, Good ol Tom left and Sega Tech Institute was disbanded. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:34:16 pm by Shun-Di »
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 04:38:52 pm »
Talking of old games being brought back: http://www.seaman.ai/sp.html

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »
I can't see how they'd actually use eye controls. Your eyes dart around quite fast and I can see it being a nightmare.

Why not? They've been in use for targeting by fighter pilots in real life for many years. Sega already has a history of repurposing military tech for games. It could be something used for aiming, selection, etc., not for controlling the camera. It will probably be an emerging feature in VR in the years to come.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:26 pm »
Why not? They've been in use for targeting by fighter pilots in real life for many years. Sega already has a history of repurposing military tech for games. It could be something used for aiming, selection, etc., not for controlling the camera. It will probably be an emerging feature in VR in the years to come.

Sounds like a perfect combo to me.  That's REAL innovation right there.  Sega once again is way ahead of the game.  :D
Be like water.