Author Topic: Summer Movie Trailer Thread  (Read 36374 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Summer Movie Trailer Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Green Lantern: Not sure how to feel about this. Looks a bit B-Movie in some ways, but looks good in others. DC just doesn't seem to be handling things as well as Marvel is.

The visuals look pretty damned cool, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:58 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Chaosmaster8753"
Didn't Sharky say that Iron Man is his favorite super-hero?

Ironman was my favourite super hero, he has no super powers, hes a rich play boy type with an awesome suit. No stupid mutations or magical powers...

Then I started watching the recent Batman movies and I thought he was a BETTER hero, again no super powers, lots of money but also more compelling.

Still, super heroes aren't my thing.

No stupid mutations or magical powers, but the stuff they do is just about as unbelievable as Superman or the Incredible Hulk... It may as well be a magic suit.
I just think it's strange that you consider Marvel all crap because it's all the same, but you considered Iron Man and Batman's magic technology to be okay.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
First shot of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises:

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 06:48:32 pm »
^Saw that the other day!
Looks pretty interesting, I wonder if the muzzle mask is going to be a precursor to the Lucahdor looking mask he wears in the comics.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the Venom (is that what he's hepped up on?)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2011, 09:37:55 am »
If Nolan's approach to Batman is to be expected, Bane will just appear as he is. They will not go into his backstory for seconds.

Also saw the new exclusive GL trailer on Yahoo Movies. Wow, this movie just went from being the underdog to the real major special effects flick.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2011, 11:39:12 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
hahaha hey Sharky what do you think of Superman?
Superman is probably my least favourite of the entire lot of them, they made him so powerful that any interesting plot is pretty much not going to happen unless of course the bad guy has Kryptonite and what a coincidence, they ALWAYS do...

In any story the hero needs to be flawed, they need a problem to over come... Superman has so much going for him that they have to come up with silly plots just to make him weaker to make the plot mildly entertaining.

Lame.

If there was one super hero I do like, it's Batman the new Batman movies, starting with Batman Beguins are probably the best super hero movies out there... (Bar the silly gruff voice the actor puts on...)

Yeah I think Superman is pretty crap.

I've seen the Reeve Movies, all episodes of Smallville and several episodes of Dean Cain's show as well.

They all were terrible, did any body see the season finale of Smallville?

What pisses me off most is that his villain's are amazing but have to be dummed down, and ofcourse there is the constant fluctuation of how Kryptonite effects Superman.

and Guess what Batman's the best in my opinion as well.

Here I was hoping to just find 1 thing in common with you and we got 2 :D.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »
I'm a little nervous about The Dark Knight Rises mainly because after the phenomenal success of The Dark Knight, there's probably going to be a lot of insanely high expectations and I don't know if it'll be able to live up to most of them.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 03:29:15 am »
hahaha hey Sharky what do you think of Superman?
Superman is probably my least favourite of the entire lot of them, they made him so powerful that any interesting plot is pretty much not going to happen unless of course the bad guy has Kryptonite and what a coincidence, they ALWAYS do...

In any story the hero needs to be flawed, they need a problem to over come... Superman has so much going for him that they have to come up with silly plots just to make him weaker to make the plot mildly entertaining.

Lame.

If there was one super hero I do like, it's Batman the new Batman movies, starting with Batman Beguins are probably the best super hero movies out there... (Bar the silly gruff voice the actor puts on...)

Yeah I think Superman is pretty crap.

I've seen the Reeve Movies, all episodes of Smallville and several episodes of Dean Cain's show as well.

They all were terrible, did any body see the season finale of Smallville?

What pisses me off most is that his villain's are amazing but have to be dummed down, and ofcourse there is the constant fluctuation of how Kryptonite effects Superman.

and Guess what Batman's the best in my opinion as well.

Here I was hoping to just find 1 thing in common with you and we got 2 :D.
You shouldn't base Superman off of Smallville. I stopped watching it years ago, the quality of that show was all over the place. Usually it wasn't too bad, but it used to fall into some real crap sometimes I think. There was one string of episodes in particular I really enjoyed, where Lionel was trying to make Luthor think he was crazy.

Aaanyway... I'm interested in seeing how they handle the upcoming Man of Steel.

I'm a little nervous about The Dark Knight Rises mainly because after the phenomenal success of The Dark Knight, there's probably going to be a lot of insanely high expectations and I don't know if it'll be able to live up to most of them.

I know what you mean. I think that TDK is going to be hugely difficult to live up to, but i'll be happy if it lives up to Batman Begins.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:53 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
You shouldn't base Superman off of Smallville. I stopped watching it years ago, the quality of that show was all over the place. Usually it wasn't too bad, but it used to fall into some real crap sometimes I think. There was one string of episodes in particular I really enjoyed, where Lionel was trying to make Luthor think he was crazy.

Aaanyway... I'm interested in seeing how they handle the upcoming Man of Steel.

Cube is doing the same thing Sharky was doing to Marvel. Experiencing the weaker aspects of an incredibly large franchise. Smallville, Lois and Clark and the latter half of the Reeve films are very poor elements of the Superman franchise. Might as well have watched Barman & Robin, the old Adam West Batman show and read the All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder series. That would give one the same opinion on Batman.

Again, I present All-Star Superman, the Max Fleischer cartoons and WB's Superman animated series. Right there are some very solid representations of the franchise. Man of Steel could also turn out to be great, and personally I loved Superman Returns. The father/son elements of the story were very strong to me.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 08:56:55 pm »
X-Men First Class is getting really strong reviews at the moment, hope it keeps up. Also, I'm a bit excited about seeing Kung Fu Panda 2.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 12:52:41 pm »
X-Men First Class is getting really strong reviews at the moment,

What... Really? That looks totally awful from the previews I've seen, like when they take a popular series and ruin it by making it 'young and cool' or setting it New York city when its supposed to take place in a fantasy woodland...

On that note:

This has just killed something I loved as a child, thanks HollyWood; you fucking suck.

[youtube:2qe50x9b]7emiua3X4p4[/youtube:2qe50x9b]

God this is awful...
Made by SEGA

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 07:47:55 pm »
What... Really? That looks totally awful from the previews I've seen

Coming from you, I'm not surprised.

ruin it by making it 'young and cool'

What exactly do you mean by that?

or setting it New York city when its supposed to take place in a fantasy woodland...

Um, X-Men never took place in a fantasy world...

This has just killed something I loved as a child, thanks HollyWood; you fucking suck.

I never really cared much for The Smurfs, but I saw a different trailer of this movie during Kung Fu Panda 2, and it looks really dumb.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 08:45:10 pm »
Yeah, I'm lost on the Smurfs and X-men comparison.

At least X-Men attempts to place itself in the correct time period to tie in with the other movies and thankfully ignores that shitty Wolverine movie. Actors are younger because they are playing younger versions of older characters established in the original films.

Smurfs movie is a pile of diarrhea. :P

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 09:03:51 pm »
The thing that irks me about The Smurfs trailers is all the crude humor. Who thought that was a good idea for a movie-adaption of a kid-friendly cartoon? Get that out of there! >=O
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
The thing that irks me about The Smurfs trailers is all the crude humor. Who thought that was a good idea for a movie-adaption of a kid-friendly cartoon? Get that out of there! >=O

I'M irked because the slapstick is so cliched and unfunny.