Author Topic: SEGA-Related Comics and Mangas  (Read 208393 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA-Related Comics and Mangas
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2022, 10:18:29 am »
Oh, yeah, I forgot, I thought they were in college.
Okay... People in their 20s-40s.
Damn, back to Uncle from Another World, aren't we?

Probably one of the reasons I look forward to it. As much as I'm sick and tired of Isekai anime it be nice to have a change of pace and second chance in life.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2022, 09:14:22 pm »
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! Comic - Chapter 53 - Trust Above All

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1540410633262440449
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:44:40 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2022, 09:16:06 pm »
Probably one of the reasons I look forward to it. As much as I'm sick and tired of Isekai anime it be nice to have a change of pace and second chance in life.

What if Sonic Prime went Isekai route?

Yeah if you see any more Sonic references, let me know. I'll add it to the reference page.

Was this already covered?
Found a post on Facebook.
A reference to a certain beloved blue hedgehog from Ah! My Goddess manga (credit goes to Silverio Soto for the photos).
This manga chapter was released around 92-93 but it is in fact the blue blue himself.

Offline Berto

« Reply #348 on: June 27, 2022, 12:08:56 am »
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! Comic - Chapter 52 - Analyzing Mafuyu

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1541104216810323969
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:45:44 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #349 on: June 27, 2022, 01:01:59 am »
"Uncle from Another World" Anime Opening - Mayu Maeshima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFS7ZvqOO_A

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2022, 04:30:47 pm »
What if Sonic Prime went Isekai route?
Ugh, it be Sonic X all over again.
Was this already covered?
Found a post on Facebook.
A reference to a certain beloved blue hedgehog from Ah! My Goddess manga (credit goes to Silverio Soto for the photos).
This manga chapter was released around 92-93 but it is in fact the blue blue himself.

We already got that one, Volume 7 of Oh My Goddess!.
"Uncle from Another World" Anime Opening - Mayu Maeshima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFS7ZvqOO_A
I was gonna say it looks like it was made on the Sega Saturn, then it ref the opening. I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy this anime!

Offline Berto

« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2022, 08:11:14 pm »
I was gonna say it looks like it was made on the Sega Saturn, then it ref the opening. I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy this anime!

There are many references on that opening alone : Sonic, NiGTHS, Golden Axe.  ;-D

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2022, 04:23:48 am »
There are many references on that opening alone : Sonic, NiGTHS, Golden Axe.  ;-D
I dunno if I should add the video alone to the cameo or ref page or wait until the anime is released. Dunno how I am going to categorize it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2022, 12:43:32 am »
I dunno if I should add the video alone to the cameo or ref page or wait until the anime is released. Dunno how I am going to categorize it.

Since there will be more to come in the anime, may be just until anime's released.

Offline Berto

« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2022, 12:45:02 am »
PSO2 10th Anniversary manga and collaboration artwork!

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of PSO2, we’ve prepared a celebratory manga as well as collaborative artwork with artists, various game development teams, and illustrators.
We will be releasing the artwork gradually, three times a week for about a month, on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (PDT), so be sure to check them out!

Link : https://pso2.com/players/news/i_anniversary_20220704_1/

Offline Berto

« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2022, 01:27:00 am »
Surge thinks that Sonic's obsession with freedom is the true culprit behind her suffering

It's interesting that Surge thinks that Sonic's obsession with freedom is the true culprit behind her suffering, not the evil tendencies of Eggman and Starline.
Essentially, she espouses the belief that freedom should bow down to evil if the powers that oppose it can't or won't utterly destroy said evil.
Even though she herself has lost all freedom and hates Starline for taking hers away, she views Sonic's pursuit of it as the ultimate sin.

Article : https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-50-surge-tenrec-doctor-robotnik-eggman/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #356 on: July 04, 2022, 10:41:25 am »
Surge thinks that Sonic's obsession with freedom is the true culprit behind her suffering

Article : https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-50-surge-tenrec-doctor-robotnik-eggman/
In a way I can see the philosphy of her suffering. Way she see's it, her freedom was removed because Starline was free to take her and Kit. She hates Sonic and his ideal of freedom because she regards he lacks hindsight of the consequences of freedom and mercy.

A good example would be Mr. Tinker. Shadow wanted to kill Mr. Tinker because he knew as long as Mr. Tinker was alive then Dr. Eggman would likely relapse and return to his ways.
Sonic fought Shadow to save Mr. Tinker because Sonic saw potential in Mr. Tinker remaining as Mr. Tinker. After Starline rebooted his brain, Sonic laments that Dr. Eggman could of just stayed as Mr. Tinker, but he doesn't regret sparing his life because he believes in the potential of good through freedom.

Offline Berto

« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2022, 08:16:42 pm »
In a way I can see the philosphy of her suffering. Way she see's it, her freedom was removed because Starline was free to take her and Kit. She hates Sonic and his ideal of freedom because she regards he lacks hindsight of the consequences of freedom and mercy.

A good example would be Mr. Tinker. Shadow wanted to kill Mr. Tinker because he knew as long as Mr. Tinker was alive then Dr. Eggman would likely relapse and return to his ways.
Sonic fought Shadow to save Mr. Tinker because Sonic saw potential in Mr. Tinker remaining as Mr. Tinker. After Starline rebooted his brain, Sonic laments that Dr. Eggman could of just stayed as Mr. Tinker, but he doesn't regret sparing his life because he believes in the potential of good through freedom.

Sonic's idealism isn't perfect, even Sonic knows it.
But giving a free will (with its consequences of course) is kinda like what God does to human.
And that what some heroes with god power-like do to their enemies.
Then somehow some of their enemies became their allies later...

Offline Berto

« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2022, 12:24:57 am »
Walmart will be getting an exclusive Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Movie Blu-Ray pack that comes with the Prequill comic by IDW

Source : https://twitter.com/news_merch/status/1544142198693830656

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2022, 06:46:31 pm »
Sonic's idealism isn't perfect, even Sonic knows it.
But giving a free will (with its consequences of course) is kinda like what God does to human.
And that what some heroes with god power-like do to their enemies.
Then somehow some of their enemies became their allies later...

Surge asks why everyone adores him for such actions, probably because it's similar to how God treats humanity.
But even Hell was put in mind to hold those who were free to make destructive, harmful choices towards others.

For example, after Sonic defeats Dr. Eggman, he doesn't have to kill him to prevent him from doing evil schemes ever again, but I really don't think he should let him fly away after every final boss battle. Instead the Restoration could capture him and contain him as Everhold Prison. Sure he may break out eventually but at least a fair amount of effort was put into preventing Dr. Eggman from doing his evil decisions without opposing Sonic's morals all that much.

Though they shouldn't be stupid to allow access to technology for his prison sentence like they did in Sonic X.