Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

another proof that AM3 doesn't exist anymore...

<< < (4/4)

Sharky:
Yes, but the way you were painting the picture suggested they were sacking the majority of them from the 'teams that matter' when in fact it was mostly from the arcade operators.

Suzuki Yu:

--- Quote ---No not really , the AM#3 lines are still there. You may well see AM#2 in VO credits for a few reasons: 1). AM#2 PR dept Handled the PR of the Arcade series as well as other titles, and 2). AM#2 ported the NA@MI game to XBLA .
--- End quote ---

well, of course the line of AM3 would be there. we are talking about a port for an old game, this is logical.
what it's clear here from this announcement is that AM2 are taking care of the whole series from now on, they are not specifying a single game they only said "Virtual-ON" and "Power Smash" means the whole series of each title is there responsibility now.

--- Quote ---The main men behind BB were Shimoda-san and Mikami-san' who are SEGA AM#2 through and through and worked on the likes of Afterburner, Ghost Squad, VC 3 and VF 5.
--- End quote ---

i know there is some key people from AM2, but i keep hearing that one of the producers was previously working on Virtual-On

--- Quote ---They was some talk of what was the Overworks staff working on a PS single player game
--- End quote ---

what i am sure about is that PSO team is not working as SONIC TEAM anymore, either they are working totally independent or joined force with VC staff.
you can easily notice that since PSZ,PSP2 & PSO2 now there is no any single mention of SONIC TEAM. even if you go to their site
http://sonicteam.com/
you will see all their latest game including Puyo Puyo but you won't see anything related to the PS games since PSP1.

--- Quote ---The game is being led by the AM#3 VT team and Kumagai-san. The main reason why the game looks and moves better is because it's leading on the PS3/360 and not Lindberg
--- End quote ---

i know that Kumagai-san is working on this, but this bit of info is not denying that the game is underdevelopment by AM2, there is no any indication of any kind that AM3 is still active for a long time now.
regarding the animation, i don't think this has anything to do with the hardware itself rather than the tech and the skills behind it. we are talking about AM2 here which has the best talented people in the animation field just look at VF5R/FS (which is also using LINDBERGH)

as for RPG games from SEGA i think we need an Adventure/RPG (other than Yakuza) i mean something like Skies or at least a fellow-up to the Original PS games.
i don't understand! this is the right time to bring a single player PS game because of the success the franchise is getting as of late!

Team Andromeda:

--- Quote ---well, of course the line of AM3 would be there. we are talking about a port for an old game, this is logical.
--- End quote ---

I'm not just on about VO II but VO Forc

--- Quote ---what it's clear here from this announcement is that AM2 are taking care of the whole series from now on, they are not specifying a single game they only said "Virtual-ON" and "Power Smash" means the whole series of each title is there responsibility now.
--- End quote ---

They're still AM#3 IP and AM#3 (what we knew as AM3) are leading development of VT IV

--- Quote ---i know there is some key people from AM2, but i keep hearing that one of the producers was previously working on Virtual-On
--- End quote ---

The main people are AM#2 and have worked on many AM2 classics. To be honest, most of the AM3 Virtual On staff have long since left SEGA and went to work with Square on the likes of FF 10 ECT.

--- Quote ---what i am sure about is that PSO team is not working as SONIC TEAM anymore, either they are working totally independent or joined force with VC staff.
you can easily notice that since PSZ,PSP2 & PSO2 now there is no any single mention of SONIC TEAM. even if you go to their site
--- End quote ---
It's still mainly Sonic Team staff, but even since the disaster that was PSU, the game is handled by the Mobile division.

--- Quote --- there is no any indication of any kind that AM3 is still active for a long time now.
--- End quote ---
To be honest the likes of Overworlks, AM#3 ECT have all long gone; The staff still man the same lines and report to the same Team Heads.

It's about time SEGA started to share its talents and share Tech between the teams ECT

--- Quote ---regarding the animation, i don't think this has anything to do with the hardware itself rather than the tech and the skills behind it.
--- End quote ---

The better the hardware the more advanced you can run animation patterns and handled ever more complex physics and compression. AM#3 also have some of the best animation teams in SEGA, as their lines of games like Decathlete, Virtual Tennis, Last Bronx showed.  

--- Quote --- we are talking about AM2 here which has the best talented people in the animation field just look at VF5R/FS
--- End quote ---

It's AM#2 they are the best there is, there is not doubt about that. But we all see the difference and improvement in animation to VF6 over VF 5 thanks in part to better hardware.

--- Quote ---as for RPG games from SEGA i think we need an Adventure/RPG (other than Yakuza) i mean something like Skies or at least a fellow-up to the Original PS games.
i don't understand! this is the right time to bring a single player PS game because of the success the franchise is getting as of late!
--- End quote ---

I'm right with you and imo it needs to lead on the 360/PS3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version