Author Topic: Sega Financial Report, Q1: $30 million profit!  (Read 24753 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Sega Financial Report, Q1: $30 million profit!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 01:11:25 am »

The system is rumored to run the Nvidia Tegra chip X1 which is pretty good.

Like I said it either be a overpriced HH (given what NCL asked for the 3DS with its limited tech) or a under spec console - So NCL again will lose out on 3rd party ports and that's overlooking the gulf between MS, SONY and NCL over online .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 10:56:03 am »
It's been discussed in the news thread. If it's true, it needs to be the cheaper alternative in my opinion as it still won't have much third party support for the big games.

With Nintendo bleeding money badly, they really need to get things right with this.

Its not bad. Certainly not good either but its not too bad. I get the feeling that if something bad were to happen to SEGA, Nintendo also has to be mentioned because somehow, people think that both of them are in a shaky line when its false as one of them is MORE stable over the other.

The Wii , yeah the machine that more or less NCL its place in the console world . Sure it got mum, dad and gran mum and grad dad playing the system, it didn't appeal too or get the Die hard gamer . So while sales might have been brilliant , software support and 3rd party support was totally lacking ; because the casuals don't go into the shops buying games each month - Going after causals is fine inthe mobile world when games only cost £5 off, different ball game with games costing £50

NCL not only lost ground there, there lost out to SONY and MS for online world . Not even the kids would want to play Fifa on the Wii with its rubbish graphics and pathetic online functions- NCL are so far behind on the online side of things that I doubt they'll ever recover that part of the gaming business as too many kids and adults have now grown up playing their Xbox or PS online with their Friends  list

Except the problem with that is that casual gamers are bigger than hardcore gamers out there. Not to mention that there's a difference between not having games that you want and blatantly complaining the lack of third parties out there. Yeah, the Wii didn't please everyone but that's the whole point of consoles. You can't please everyone even with a dedicated consoles out there.

I do agree that they can improve on their online infrastructure but seeing as how I have no issues in their handheld devices, I think they just need a little more convincing that online gaming does matter.

Like I said it either be a overpriced HH (given what NCL asked for the 3DS with its limited tech) or a under spec console - So NCL again will lose out on 3rd party ports and that's overlooking the gulf between MS, SONY and NCL over online .

Again, rumors spectulate that third parties out there including SEGA praise the NX and are looking forward to make games for the system. So from the sounds of it, it looks like Nintendo can do it big.

Also, it doesn't help being such a pessimist here so try acting a bit optimistic. I learnt it the hard way ranting towards SEGA once despite me trying to discuss something a bit seriously. It won't harm SEGA's business but it certainly won't do SEGA any better than now seeing as how they are in good terms with Nintendo. It will be a disaster if SEGA were to lose Nintendo's relationship because it gives them less opportunities to make/focus into console gaming. Remember that SEGA did the fantastic 3D Classics something that Nintendo never did besides doing it once or twice.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:00:18 am by Artwark »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »

Its not bad. Certainly not good either but its not too bad. I get the feeling that if something bad were to happen to SEGA, Nintendo also has to be mentioned because somehow, people think that both of them are in a shaky line when its false as one of them is MORE stable over the other.

Nintendo struggling is bad for SEGA as they rely on healthy platforms etc. As such, I think it's fair to say Nintendo are lagging in that. I hope they can turn it around though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 04:01:00 pm by Tad »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 03:57:22 pm »
Sonic would do just fine without Nintendo platforms...

Offline Artwark

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 04:19:02 pm »

Doubtful.......

The Advance series along side nearly all Sonic games that were on Nintendo systems sold better than other platforms. You may argue that Generations did great but I can easily argue that had dimps made the 3DS port better, it would've outsold the original version.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 04:20:36 pm »
Nintendo struggling is bad for SEGA as they rely on healthy platforms etc. As such, I think it's fair to say Nintendo are lagging in that. I hope they can turn it around though.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that they will do wonders for the NX. I mean already Pokemon Go is doing wonders and that's something they aren't exactly part of either!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2016, 09:56:29 am »

Sonic is the one SEGA series I think this doesn't apply too... Unlike most SEGA IP's Sonic is clearly best suited to the Nintendo audience. That said it doesn't mean Sonic games should be exclusive to Nintendo platforms or exclusive at all. It's their mascot, stick it on everything! Plus if I have a choice I would always get Sonic for PC where it really shines.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 04:28:39 am »

Except the problem with that is that casual gamers are bigger than hardcore gamers out there. Not to mention that there's a difference between not having games that you want and blatantly complaining the lack of third parties out there. Yeah, the Wii didn't please everyone but that's the whole point of consoles. You can't please everyone even with a dedicated consoles out there
The huge diffferen with the casuals and die hard gamer is the die hard go to the shops each month , the casuals just buy 1 or 2 games each year and that's it - That was the trouble with the Wii or the Kinect . The casuals rushed  out in their millions to buy one and didn''t bother to buy any games for the system after that (or maybe just 1 or 2)  . Retail and 3rd parties are totally dependant on  one going to the shops or their websites and buying their products each month . Far too many casuals on the Wii just bought the system and maybe Wii Fit that was it, never mind how NCL  have completely failed in the digital online world of gaming

Looking over that NCL go though all the hard work of trying to attract non gamer to the Wii with a simple control and interface only to follow up with the Wii U which had more buttons than any controller out there and was massive too (anything NCl said was a barrier to people gaming)  . NCL are stuck in this rut of thinking gimmicks = originality and that's a good think

Again, rumors spectulate that third parties out there including SEGA praise the NX and are looking forward to make games for the system. So from the sounds of it, it looks like Nintendo can do it big.
Please . Every 3rd party says this at the start they all said the same about the Wii U and we all knew what happened there .

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:02:14 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 04:31:31 am »
Sonic is the one SEGA series I think this doesn't apply too... Unlike most SEGA IP's Sonic is clearly best suited to the Nintendo audience. That said it doesn't mean Sonic games should be exclusive to Nintendo platforms or exclusive at all. It's their mascot, stick it on everything! Plus if I have a choice I would always get Sonic for PC where it really shines.

Sharky I'm willing to bet more kids have and play on their XBox One or PS4 than the Wii U . Sonic sells better on MS and SONY platforms for the console games . Handhelds are a different story though . So the simple answer is to have Sonic games on both the consoels and handhelds 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 09:09:08 am »
Sharky I'm willing to bet more kids have and play on their XBox One or PS4 than the Wii U . Sonic sells better on MS and SONY platforms for the console games . Handhelds are a different story though . So the simple answer is to have Sonic games on both the consoels and handhelds 

I thought Sonic games sold better on Nintendo consoles than PS and Xbox?
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 10:00:01 am »
I thought Sonic games sold better on Nintendo consoles than PS and Xbox?

No Sonic Gen sold better than the disaster that was Lost World or even Sonic Colors . Sonic Heroes also outsold any console Sonic game  I think Sonic Unleashed sold better too .

Sonic doesn't sell better on Nintendo , Handheld different matter though

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 11:01:12 am »
Which begs the question, why did they make Colours only for the Wii? It looks gorgeous on the dolphin emulator.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 05:34:01 pm »
The huge diffferen with the casuals and die hard gamer is the die hard go to the shops each month , the casuals just buy 1 or 2 games each year and that's it - That was the trouble with the Wii or the Kinect . The casuals rushed  out in their millions to buy one and didn''t bother to buy any games for the system after that (or maybe just 1 or 2)  . Retail and 3rd parties are totally dependant on  one going to the shops or their websites and buying their products each month . Far too many casuals on the Wii just bought the system and maybe Wii Fit that was it, never mind how NCL  have completely failed in the digital online world of gaming

Looking over that NCL go though all the hard work of trying to attract non gamer to the Wii with a simple control and interface only to follow up with the Wii U which had more buttons than any controller out there and was massive too (anything NCl said was a barrier to people gaming)  . NCL are stuck in this rut of thinking gimmicks = originality and that's a good think
Please . Every 3rd party says this at the start they all said the same about the Wii U and we all knew what happened there .

How does that matter when sales show that casuals are the huge market? They made F-Zero GX for the gamecube and what happened? It didn't do well as expected.

Heck let's look at Fire Emblem Fates which had two games called Birthright and Conquest. Birthright is aimed for the casuals while Conquest is aimed at the hardcore gamer's and its the hardest Fire Emblem game that Nintendo has ever made to the point that even hardcore gamer's find it hard. In the end, Birthright sold better and even if the games were combined together, the fact that the casuals will only pick Birthright and stick to that just proves that the casual market dominates the hardcore market.

If it was such a trouble for the Wii, then how did it sell so well? How did it make Nintendo profit in the first place? Again, if people who aren't motivated to play games like us somehow play and like them, that's big because guess what? half a billion don't play games like we do.

Look, don't blame the casual people for buying and playing games they like because that's what Nintendo was aiming to do for the Wii and it did them good. If anything, they made the industry better than before with more people playing games rather than just hardcore gamers. The Wii had a huge impact and that's that. Sticking games to its limited audience only is a bad thing because it won't expand the industry further.

No Sonic Gen sold better than the disaster that was Lost World or even Sonic Colors . Sonic Heroes also outsold any console Sonic game  I think Sonic Unleashed sold better too .

Sonic doesn't sell better on Nintendo , Handheld different matter though

Unleased sold the most on the Wii, Same goes for Heroes as well on Gamecube I think.

Funny how you pretend to be a hypocrite to say that Sonic doesn't sell well on Nintendo and yet utter the word handheld being a different matter. Nintendo makes handhelds and they dominate the market on that as well so if Sonic sells well on Nintendo handhelds, that means he does well on Nintendo simple as that.

One thing you can say is that there haven't been quality handheld Sonic games recently and to that I can agree as Lost World on 3DS is....just average at best and Boom....well let's not discuss that further.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 11:30:01 pm »
I think Sonic Lost World suffered from Wii U being the worse selling Nintendo console of all time. Like seriously, it sold less units at the same time than the SEGA Dreamcast did. Sure we can all say that's because Nintendo never dropped the price of their console and SEGA did quite a bit, but in the end of the day those are decisions that Nintendo stuck with and it is what it is. In the end those decisions made the console a failure and made 3rd party titles have less consumers to pick up their software.

As for NX, IF it does well and they rally the fanbase around their console, it will do well enough. That's a big IF. I really hope we see old Nintendo back, I feel like they did well enough during the Gamecube (yet was a failure in their eyes)

Offline Tad

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 03:20:07 am »
The price point of the NX will be critical at this point. After the Wii u, retailers are weary it seems. Sonic 2017 has been announced for the NX already, so that's some backing from SEGA at least.

I'm guessing the NX will have Mania at some point if it's running on a tegra (easy), but as Mania is out before NX, it's not been announced.

Also, although Fire and ice looks good, I'm pretty confident Boom has damaged that series to the point of gaining little attention now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:24:06 am by Tad »