Author Topic: SEGA has purchased Relic  (Read 16895 times)

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: SEGA has purchased Relic
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 01:36:49 pm »
Yeah I was just being a joker. If people like it then that's great. More power to them and I hope they have a lot of fun with it.

Not everyone has to share my opinion. Carry on RTS dudes.

Before I posted this Mademan replied so I'm just going to add some things.

I'm not trying to be anything, counterculture, or anything else. I'm just saying what I think which, I know, is really meaningless to everyone but me, but that's what forums are for.

I was honestly just being snarky but like I said previously, if it's good and others love it that's awesome! I wouldn't want anyone saying I'm stupid for liking Persona or motorcycles, or hockey or whatever.

For me the WW2 setting is an immediate turnoff, but I don't like war themed things in general (games, movies, novels). I'm just not into murder. I know it's just a game, but I mean, I don't know. I'm just not into it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I really should probably just stay out of topics like this and let everyone else just enjoy the things they like.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:40:55 pm by thearcticsea »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »
Yeah I was just being a joker. If people like it then that's great. More power to them and I hope they have a lot of fun with it.

Not everyone has to share my opinion. Carry on RTS dudes.

Before I posted this Mademan replied so I'm just going to add some things.

I'm not trying to be anything, counterculture, or anything else. I'm just saying what I think which, I know, is really meaningless to everyone but me, but that's what forums are for.

I was honestly just being snarky but like I said previously, if it's good and others love it that's awesome! I wouldn't want anyone saying I'm stupid for liking Persona or motorcycles, or hockey or whatever.

For me the WW2 setting is an immediate turnoff, but I don't like war themed things in general (games, movies, novels). I'm just not into murder. I know it's just a game, but I mean, I don't know. I'm just not into it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I really should probably just stay out of topics like this and let everyone else just enjoy the things they like.
As someone who was sick of World War 2 shit. (being Dutch means you get to see a lot of boring movies about it at school), I think WW2 stuff can still be interesting if done well and differently. For example, Inglourious Basterds might be my favorite Tarantino movie. I haven't played Company of Heroes, but it doesn't look like every other WW2 game ever, mostly because it's an RTS and not a first person shooter. It probably wouldn't be as well received as it is if it was like every other game set in that time period. :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:09:42 pm by TimmiT »

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »

I fully fully agree. I'm actually pretty creeped out by how prevalent soldier worship is in gaming. I mean everybody loves a badass, but glorifying actual war is a trend I hope ends soon.

This is why I LOVE Sega shooters. Robots, robots, zombies and robots.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:54 am »
To further add on Pao's point. SEGA Sammy has over $2 billion cash in hand compared with debt of $720 mil, they have more cash in hand than EA, TakeTwo, Ubisoft or Square Enix.

Their restructuring was not due to lack of money, it was done to make the consumer division profitable again.

I see, I just wondered where the "SEGA has no money" came from really since it's been said to death now when this clearly shows they have money.

Thank god someone is finally going to fill this void! For years now I've been wondering why no one has ever made a World War 2 game. This could be huge guys.

Valkyria Chronicles is World War 2....unless you mean RTS' in general...but Valkyria is almost there.

And the closest RTS you can get to World War is Toy Soldiers on XBLA.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:09 pm »
Here is a link to a document that kinda breaks down Sega's purchase of Relic...

http://www.thesangreal.net/gafpics/sega_relic.pdf

Sega owns all previous copyright of Relic titles apart from Homeworld.