Author Topic: Put some SEGA love on your Android smartphone!  (Read 6058 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Put some SEGA love on your Android smartphone!
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:14 am »

This topic works as the following:
-We can talk about and post announcements on games that are coming out on Android devices;
-We can also speculate and chat about what games do we want to see on those devices, think of it as a wish list of sorts;
-We can also chat about the existing, albeit meager catalogue on Google's Play Store;

That is all.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
Re: Put some SEGA love on your Android smartphone!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »
The only game I currently have is ChuChu Rocket.

My device is old.  >:(

I'll have to check the store and see if any more SEGA games of the graphically-simple persuasion are there.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:03 pm »
I have Sonic Jump and Sonic CD.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »
Good thread.

Currently have:
Sonic Jump, Monkey Ball, Zaxxon, and Jet Set Radio (although it runs too slow to play on my device).

I have the lite versions of all their other games. I wish they would port over those iOs Miku Flick games. I'm trying to learn japanese and that game would be perfect.

Also,

Are you interested in getting an Android phone? Why not get a Sega one?

http://www.segaarcade.com/newsitem/1390

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »
I have a Mega Drive emulator on my Galaxy. Does that count?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »
Technically,no. Though, there are a fairly good number of Genesis emulators for Android (both commercial and free apps).

For myself, though, the trouble with having a 2 year old low-end device such as the ZTE Blade is that it can't handle most of the graphically intense titles.

SEGA has a somewhat limited library of titles there, but a lot of 'em run pretty smoothly on my ZTE Blade.
Games like Sonic Jump, Sonic CD, Spellwood: A Word Adventure, Chu Chu Rocket! work pretty well. Almost every else... however...

Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition which has 3D graphics does play really well on the ZTE Blade, no bull.

Out of  all those titles, I do enjoy Sonic Jump, SMB 2:SE and Spellwood. Especially the latter.

I don't always travel much, but when I do it's ussually by train, Sonic Jump is a good game to distract you for 5-10 minutes. But Spellwood is that type of game that can take a good 25 minutes just on a single bout and as soon as you're done with a fight, you always want to know what's next. It's a good time waster. And it helps to improve my vocabulary. This takes wordplay to all new level.

Slowly but surely, I'm leaving my laptop behind more often (because the darn thing is heavy) and I'm using just smartphone for my trips.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:18:59 pm by max_cady »

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:08 pm »
I second the Spellwood endorsement.

It's a quality title with a lot of neat surprises as you go.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 04:36:10 pm »
Wow, this ZTE Blade can play House the Dead: Overkill - The Lost Reels! Impressive.

Offline JetSetRadioForever

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:14:37 am »
I've got Chu Chu, Sonic ep 4 pt. 1 & 2, Sonic Jump,. Sonic CD, Super Monkey Ball, Zaxxon (even if it's not conventional Zaxxon) and Virtua Tennis on my Nexus 10 pad. Wasn't Crazy Taxi promised at one point?

Oh yeah, have Jet Set Radio as well but it runs slow as hell on my Nexus 10. Guessing Sega decided never to fix it on certain devices.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:50:50 am by JetSetRadioForever »

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 09:01:35 am »
I don't have any games on my android, i still prefer an handheld. I have sonic generations, shinobi, on 3ds
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:05 pm »
If Sega released all of their games they have ever made and more, then they would be ahead of everyone else. Console gaming will eventually be a thing of the past due to smart phones.