Author Topic: SEGAbits Gaming Meetup Parties  (Read 7877 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
SEGAbits Gaming Meetup Parties
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:12:52 am »
We were talking about this among staff, never really got anywhere. So what I've decided on is a really informal way of doing this, basically anyone can start an event if they want. or just discuss here in this topic about getting a multiplayer game party going on any platform, doesn't have to be a SEGA game either, but SEGA game would be great!

I've decided on a much less formal way cause... it's pretty hard planning an "official" meet up. We all got different schedules, it's hard enough doing a podcast I've noticed!

Here is a link to the SEGAbits steam group, join it if you haven't! Like I said, anyone can make an event, but if too many people abuse it we might have to change it back so only mods can make an event. Or maybe we can just ban people from the group if they abuse the event privilege, I'm not sure, not super familiar with Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/segabits

So rather then official SEGAbits gaming days, just think of it as gaming parties that anyone can create! Not everyone will be able to take part in the party obviously, depending on their schedule, but that's why it's multiple parties, not just party!

I was playing ASR Transformed with CrazyTails, Aki-at, a friend you guys wouldn't know, and another person who was a friend of CrazyTails. Had a great time, would love to do more of that kind of stuff with the SEGAbits community.

oh, and nothing has to be scheduled in advance, i mean you can do that if you want! but sometimes its just fun to contact people on STEAM and ask them if they are in a mood to play X game. That's why joining the SEGAbits group helps, get access to a larger number of people playing games you might be interested in.

i know i keep talking about STEAM, but that's mainly the reason i made this topic, but like i said, any platform can be discussed here!

Anyways, sticking this topic in announcements for now. Will move to general gaming forum later on once everyone has seen this topic.

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
Re: SEGAbits Gaming Meetup Parties
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 09:12:09 pm »
Hmm.  Pretty cool.  Though, I'm not a steam user, sadly..  I do have xbox or PS3.  I don't play online often, but have the ability to.  If anyone's up for some console gaming, le' me know.

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:55:52 am »
Yeah, I don't have a gaming PC either, but this is worth askin; Anyone wanna play Blur on 360? I've been wanting to play that game with friends...

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:23 am »
I'm good with gaming on Steam. I don't have Sega games on my steam account though, i buy most of their games on consoles. I have ASRT on my Wii U if anyone wants to race, i still need to race Shadi.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »
I've not been gaming a lot lately, but had a lot of fun playing with ya. Would be great to have a full game of 10 people in sonic racing next time. Was a lot of fun getting my ass kicked before the finish (damn you Aki!!)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:09 pm »
I've not been gaming a lot lately, but had a lot of fun playing with ya. Would be great to have a full game of 10 people in sonic racing next time. Was a lot of fun getting my ass kicked before the finish (damn you Aki!!)

We need to have another race off, Shadi handed it to me in the Chao race!

I'm sure we can get some sort of gaming mega matchup with most of SEGAbits active users. Would be great.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:58:06 pm »
Well, i updated my signature with all of my gaming ID's, add me on any of them if you guys wanna game.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 04:58:46 pm »
We definitely should!

Im adding you right now piro. Be sure to add my NNID as well.> Djawed <

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »
We definitely should!

Im adding you right now piro. Be sure to add my NNID as well.> Djawed <

Awesome, just accepted your request. Hit me up sometime.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:18:13 pm »
If I had a computer that could run Steam games better than what I've got, I might want to join.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:31 am »
Me and a friend typically do Company of Heroes (first game) matches every friday, it's not that I don't like the second game but his PC cannot run it so with him I just play the first. The nights we do it maybe I'll create events in the group for anybody who would like to join us.

I'm not quite up for matches regularly in the sequel because I'm not done with all single player content and I also want to wait for more balance patches for everything to smooth out.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »
I wish I could do a few levels on Spiral Knights with some of you guys. That'd certainly get me in the mod to replay it.