Author Topic: Tokyo Game Show 2014: Godzilla saves TGS and revives Japan.  (Read 20743 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Tokyo Game Show 2014: Godzilla saves TGS and revives Japan.
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:40:20 am »
After years full of barren release schedules and countless mobile titles, the king of monsters said "No!" and hand developed his own game to revive his beloved Japan, in turn the up and coming Godzilla game has inspired Japanese game developers to push the envelope again and start making traditional games again. Here is the awe inspiring game developed by Godzilla Bandai inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huv32oZ1Er8

Some other major games shown off;

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t6ofIKAekg

Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y32Acm1Z4S0

Final Fantasy XV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDxg2afpCE

Bloodbourne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYKh_LxrAJQ

Dragon Quest Heroes gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-3nwTJ5eL4

Amongst other things, it's fair to say Japan has had a good show this year, can't wait to try out MGSV and Bloodbourne, hopefully Dragon Quest gets localisation and Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero I'd just have to import ;_;

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Tokyo Game Show 2014: Godzilla saves TGS and revives Japan.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:19:29 pm »
I don't know what to think of Godzilla.

I should get around to playing Metal Gear Solid one of these days though. I'm hoping that this Metal Gear Collection 2014 is some kind of PC compilation. If not, I'll get Legacy Collection on PS3 at some point.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:49:31 pm »

I should get around to playing Metal Gear Solid one of these days though. I'm hoping that this Metal Gear Collection 2014 is some kind of PC compilation. If not, I'll get Legacy Collection on PS3 at some point.

Metal Gear Collection 2014 is a clothing line! Lol

People on gaf were raging mad at Kojima for hyping it up so much.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:03:22 pm »
Metal Gear Collection 2014 is a clothing line! Lol

People on gaf were raging mad at Kojima for hyping it up so much.

Ohhhhh lol! I thought that was just a joke! hahaha, well looks like I'll pick up the legacy collection on PS3 at some point.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:19:55 pm »

Be inspired like Japanese developers, revive the Australian gaming industry Mang, the crocodiles believes in you.

Also you should just get into it straight away, the storyline is botched beyond repair but the gameplay has always been good, make one in your head and run with it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »
Be inspired like Japanese developers, revive the Australian gaming industry Mang, the crocodiles believes in you.

Also you should just get into it straight away, the storyline is botched beyond repair but the gameplay has always been good, make one in your head and run with it.

At some point I'll buy a cheapo PS3 and get a copy of Legacy Collection. And maybe I'll import Yakuza 5 and struggle through it as well.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:11 pm »
At some point I'll buy a cheapo PS3 and get a copy of Legacy Collection. And maybe I'll import Yakuza 5 and struggle through it as well.

Well this game is set before the events of 1, 2 and 4, so jumping into it shouldn't spoil the storylines of any one of those titles.

Yakuza 5 is relatively simple to complete the main storyline, it's when you have to try and complete the sidemissions it gets difficult.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:44:39 pm by Aki-at »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »
Well this game is set before the events of 1, 2 and 4, so jumping into it shouldn't spoil the storylines of any one of those titles.

Yakuza 5 is relatively simple to complete the main storyline, it's when you have to try and complete the sidemissions it gets difficult.

Everyone tells me I should play the games in release order not chonological order though. Either way, I probably won't get Phantom Pain immediately so I'll probably get on PC at some point. Maybe even Steam Xmas sale?

Let's talk about Bloodborne, I saw some footage, it looks quite interesting. Looks faster paced than Dark Souls, maybe at the expense of variety in weapons/gameplay styles?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 04:51:31 pm »
Pumped about FFXV, it's been a long time coming. Glad Nomura has been taken off of this project so he can concentrate on KH3.

DQ.. Not sure about that style of gameplay for a DQ game. Seems like another generic ass Dynasty Warriors game like Hyrule Warriors.

Yakuza looks great, but not giving it much though considering we probably won't receive it here, because Sega..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:20 pm »
Dragon Quest Heroes looks fun. Wtf is up with FFXV? Is this even a Final Fantasy game? What happen to the staple baddies? Instead they replaced all the fantasy with generic soldiers, Monster Hunter style monsters and kept the ugly outdated FFVII designs (aka the start of decline for Square). You know... what made the series great for many years. Its like they abandon it in hopes of more mainstream success.

Instead of having Warrirors, monks, white mages, red mages, beastmasters etc they just have a few bros with real time combat that looks scripted.

The last FF worth playing was IX.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »
You know I realised just how good this TGS is when you start thinking of the other software present, The Evil Within, Deep Down, Silent Hills, Persona 5, Hot Shot Golf, God Eater 2 Burst, Resident Evil Revelations 2... I'm hoping some of this momentum can be carried into the following Tokyo Game Show and this isn't just a one off. Who would have thought I'd enjoy E3 would be topped by Gamescom topped by Tokyo Game Show this year?

Let's talk about Bloodborne, I saw some footage, it looks quite interesting. Looks faster paced than Dark Souls, maybe at the expense of variety in weapons/gameplay styles?

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that one. I love From Software but I could never get into Dark Souls though, the speed at which the game was played was too slow for my liking.

DQ.. Not sure about that style of gameplay for a DQ game. Seems like another generic ass Dynasty Warriors game like Hyrule Warriors.

It's actually got some major difference (Spells, companions, RPG elements) that is not present in Musou games. Please Pirovash don't hate my Musou games :(

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 05:58:47 pm »
I just wish the Dynasty Warrior games actually had... you know, an AI. Its like they use the same engine and skin it, resale, make profit.

Regardless this Dragon Quest game is going to make buckets of cash in Japan.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 11:57:20 pm »
Yeah, DQ will sell consoles and make money regardless. I still think it looks weak though. I'm a huge DQ fan, but haven't been happy with the direction Square has taken the Series as of late.

Sorry, not a huge fan of DW, played some on PS2 and got bored with how repetitive they were. I always wanted to give those Gundam DW games a chance though cause I love Gundam Wing and G Gundam.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »
TGS is amazing this year.

While Nintendo and MS were dominating consoles pretty much died in Japan. Japanese developers were only making handheld games and the ones that made console games were trying to appeal to typical XBOX 360 owners (see: westerners). Now that Sony is back on top we are getting the types of console games we love Japan for. PS4's line up is looking amazing for Japan.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 01:58:01 pm »
Hmm.. Not really seeing the difference in games from last gen to this one. Which games are you referring to? I mean we're getting another mgs, ffxv looks western, bloodborne does too. Are there games I missed that seem more Japanese centric?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:18:46 pm by pirovash88 »