Author Topic: Sega in the Charts  (Read 334417 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sega in the Charts
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2022, 12:26:15 am »
Sonic Frontiers debuts 3rd for PS5, 2nd for Xbox, 8th for Switch and 6th for PS4 in Germany

In his first major open world adventure, Sonic Frontiers, Sega icon Sonic hops, runs, and fights his way through five open zones.
The mix of jump 'n' run, action and puzzle game starts as the second best newcomer in positions six (PS4), three (PS5), eight (Nintendo Switch) and two (Xbox Series).
The front runners of the latter two consoles are "Nintendo Switch Sports" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II".

Article : https://www.gfk-entertainment.com/news/god-of-war-ragnaroek-mit-drittbestem-games-start-2022.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #496 on: November 29, 2022, 10:34:32 pm »
Sonic Frontiers is nominated on The Game Awards Players' Voice award!

Help Sonic Frontiers win The Game Awards Players' Voice award!
Round 1 voting goes through this Wednesday!

Vote here : https://t.co/nxnogzaqZG

Offline Berto

« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2022, 12:39:14 am »
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim shipments and digital sales top 800,000 !

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim first launched for PlayStation 4 on November 28, 2019 in Japan, March 19, 2020 in Asia, and September 22, 2020 worldwide, followed by Switch on April 12, 2022 worldwide and April 14, 2022 in Japan.
Back in November 2021, the companies announced that the game had surpassed 500,000 sales worldwide.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2022/11/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-800000

Offline Berto

« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2022, 09:50:40 pm »
"Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles" has received the "PlayStation Partner Awards" at the PlayStation Awards 2022!

"Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles" has received the "PlayStation Partner Awards" at the PlayStation® Awards 2022! 🥰🥳
We'd like to thank you for all the support and hope you will continue to enjoy Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- Hinokami Chronicles.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/sega.asia.EN/photos/a.969605059843207/2703688246434871/

Offline Berto

« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2022, 10:00:01 pm »
Famitsu Sales: 11/21/22 – 11/27/22

1. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet (The Pokemon Company, 11/18/22) – 577,279 (3,114,571)
2. [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 39,322 (3,407,477)
3. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 11,223 (2,866,629)
4. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 11,057 (4,917,646)
5. [PS5] Horizon Forbidden West (SIE, 02/18/22) – 10,107 (112,333)
16. [NSW] Sonic Frontiers (SEGA, 11/08/22) – 3,679 (35,583)
27. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Special Price (SEGA, 11/17/22) – 2,103 (5,194)

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/famitsu-sales-11-21-22-11-27-22

Offline Berto

« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2022, 10:09:53 pm »
Persona 5 Royal Re-Release Sells 1 Million Copies Worldwide,
P5 Series at 8.3 Million Copies Sold

The remastered version of Persona 5 Royal was released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC and Steam on October 21st. A little more than a month later, and Atlus has announced that the game has achieved over 1 million copies sold worldwide on the aforementioned platforms.
The stated number of 1 million copies sold includes the total number of shipments for the physical version of the game, as well as digital downloads worldwide.

Article : https://personacentral.com/p5r-remastered-sales/

Offline Berto

« Reply #501 on: December 07, 2022, 08:22:51 am »
Sonic Frontiers advances to final round in The Game Awards’ Players’ Voice Award

Over the past week, Sonic Frontiers has been sweeping the vote in The Game Awards’ Players’ Voice Award, with SEGA’s game advancing to the final round.
Sonic deserves this win, so click on over to vote for Sonic Frontiers!

Link : https://thegameawards.com/brackets/players-voice
Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2022/12/06/sonic-frontiers-advances-to-final-round-in-the-game-awards-players-voice-award/

Offline Berto

« Reply #502 on: December 09, 2022, 08:13:48 am »
Slayyy! Bayonetta 3 wins Best Action Game at 2022 The Game Awards!

Not long now until the next entry in the Bayonetta series makes its debut with Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon! ✨
Once upon a time, there was an Umbra Witch named Cereza, a young version of the Bayonetta in #Bayonetta 3…
Control both Cereza and Cheshire to solve puzzles and fend off faeries in Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon, dancing onto Nintendo Switch on 3/17/23.

Source : https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1601048518810128384

Offline Berto

« Reply #503 on: December 09, 2022, 08:38:48 am »
Highest chart position Sonic has registered since Sonic Heroes

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #504 on: December 09, 2022, 12:03:50 pm »
I dunno what's sad... that Sonic lost to a gacha game... or how the Sonic fans took it.

Is it true Genshin Impact cheated with bots?

Offline Berto

« Reply #505 on: December 10, 2022, 03:24:12 am »
I dunno what's sad... that Sonic lost to a gacha game... or how the Sonic fans took it.

Is it true Genshin Impact cheated with bots?

Actually both sides on Round 3 use bots to cheat so although it's not much, both aren't playing fair.
With fandoms as big as those two, it's unavoidable to have few jerks who ruined the fun.
Still if we are only talking about a game that really released in 2022 and not including ongoing games (like Genshin Impact and Minecraft), Sonic is definitely the winner, so most of Sonic fans are kinda cool with that,

Also funny that thanks to GI vs Sonic fandom wars and "Bill Clinton" incident,
TGA that was only a marketing tools somehow now transformed itself into something bigger .... a meme material.

Offline Berto

« Reply #506 on: December 10, 2022, 04:45:09 am »
Uncle from Another Worldsomehow is back to Top 10 Anime of the Week 10 | Fall 2022 🍂

BLEACH remains on top for the 8th straight week, with Chainsaw Man behind it.
BLUE LOCK, Mob Psycho 100 III and SPY x FAMILY Part 2 complete the top 5.

Full results: http://acani.me/fall22-w10

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #507 on: December 10, 2022, 02:14:44 pm »
Actually both sides on Round 3 use bots to cheat so although it's not much, both aren't playing fair.
With fandoms as big as those two, it's unavoidable to have few jerks who ruined the fun.
Still if we are only talking about a game that really released in 2022 and not including ongoing games (like Genshin Impact and Minecraft), Sonic is definitely the winner, so most of Sonic fans are kinda cool with that,

Also funny that thanks to GI vs Sonic fandom wars and "Bill Clinton" incident,
TGA that was only a marketing tools somehow now transformed itself into something bigger .... a meme material.

The thing is, Sonic franchise was never taken that seriously in the video game industry ever since 2006 for obvious reasons. I can't recall the last time it won a major award, if ever. So us Sonic fans know what it's like to be the "butt of the joke" when it comes to video game fandoms.

Then we have these Sonic fan twats who think that because Sonic Frontiers made it to Player's Voice finals makes them hot shit and go about making Genshin fans feel like cold shit. That these Sonic fans treat the Genshin fans with ridicule just as we Sonic fans were treated the first decade after 2006.

And now, I fear people would find the Sonic fandom as toxic sore losers given the fact they pretty much "encourage" Genshin Impact to win. And me, who is an adamant Sonic fan but watched all the cutscenes and major dialogue of GoW:R think Ragnarok should of won.

Offline Berto

« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2022, 01:09:13 am »
The thing is, Sonic franchise was never taken that seriously in the video game industry ever since 2006 for obvious reasons. I can't recall the last time it won a major award, if ever. So us Sonic fans know what it's like to be the "butt of the joke" when it comes to video game fandoms.

Then we have these Sonic fan twats who think that because Sonic Frontiers made it to Player's Voice finals makes them hot shit and go about making Genshin fans feel like cold shit. That these Sonic fans treat the Genshin fans with ridicule just as we Sonic fans were treated the first decade after 2006.

And now, I fear people would find the Sonic fandom as toxic sore losers given the fact they pretty much "encourage" Genshin Impact to win. And me, who is an adamant Sonic fan but watched all the cutscenes and major dialogue of GoW:R think Ragnarok should of won.

Sonic fandom is always toxic. Praise one Sonic game on Sonic Facebook group and you'll be attacked by haters.
Genshin fandom is toxic as well. Praise one character on GI Facebook group and you'll be attackedby haters.
So it's not surprising to see how it goes what's happened when two toxic fandoms clash.

It's okay if you think GOW is the one that's deserved but not for me.
The graphic's cool but I find the gameplay's boring and the story didn't click for me as Persona or Final Fantasy games.
As for me, the 2022 GOTY should have gone to Total War Warhammer 3.

The game is so deep, rich, and such a big jump from its prequels.
Even Henry Cavill said so and invest lot more than four hours a day to play them.
So I guess the downside it's just too time consuming to play, if only I was still in college I could invest my time on it.

The fact that Total War Warhammer 3 wasn't nominated (other than strategy games category) means that I can't take TGA more than popularity contest.
None of jury seems ever played PC games.
TGA is just a marketing tool after all, just like Academy Award and Grammy Award.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2022, 07:53:53 am »
Sonic fandom is always toxic. Praise one Sonic game on Sonic Facebook group and you'll be attacked by haters.
Genshin fandom is toxic as well. Praise one character on GI Facebook group and you'll be attackedby haters.
So it's not surprising to see how it goes what's happened when two toxic fandoms clash.

It's okay if you think GOW is the one that's deserved but not for me.
The graphic's cool but I find the gameplay's boring and the story didn't click for me as Persona or Final Fantasy games.
As for me, the 2022 GOTY should have gone to Total War Warhammer 3.

The game is so deep, rich, and such a big jump from its prequels.
Even Henry Cavill said so and invest lot more than four hours a day to play them.
So I guess the downside it's just too time consuming to play, if only I was still in college I could invest my time on it.

The fact that Total War Warhammer 3 wasn't nominated (other than strategy games category) means that I can't take TGA more than popularity contest.
None of jury seems ever played PC games.
TGA is just a marketing tool after all, just like Academy Award and Grammy Award.
TGA still seem to be somewhat influential though given I never seen Sonic Frontiers and Genshin Impact so much talked about before.