Author Topic: SEGA games at Gamescom 2010 (Sonics & Virtua Tennis 4)  (Read 12196 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: SEGA games at Gamescom 2010 (Sonics & Virtua Tennis 4)
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:44 pm »
As for design, I kinda love it.. I don't mind the first zone is basically the same art-wise. The others are looking different (the torch level looks great for example).

But for gameplay, I do mind this: "even just running to gain momentum is pointless when you can jump up and press jump again and boost to your top speed right away."
When you said that it made the spindash pointless I didn't agree. But I've see this here happen in some videos and I would like that to be changed until it comes out. Sonic could stop if you double jumped against the ground..
Still, in Sonic Adventures the same thing happened and most everyone simply ran normally at the beginning of levels anyway.

I won't be stubborn though. Everything I've been saying only makes sense if the homing attack works good (which I would bet it will), but if it doesn't I'll be sourly disappointed with the game and will take back all my speech.

I understand we have different opinions, but I do hope we both enjoy the game once it comes out ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: SEGA games at Gamescom 2010 (Sonics & Virtua Tennis 4)
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »
That is the thing though man, I do not want anyone to hate this game. I want it to be really great like all of you do, but what I have seen is what I have come to expect with Sonic Team lately, just disappointment.

I will get to play it all the same like any of you, so yeah. Free demos are cool!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »