Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon Azel translation guide?  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Panzer Dragoon Azel translation guide?
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:38 am »
So I was feeling the PDS itch, but in no way can I buy the full $200 english version. However, I'm finding tons of Japanese copies on ebay for a cool $30. Really, I just want a taste of the game and I'd like to play it enough to feel satisfied with spending $30 (maybe get through a disc and a half?).

Anybody know of a translation guide out there that gives a decent walkthrough of the Japanese version? Also, has anybody given this a try?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Panzer Dragoon Azel translation guide?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:53:12 pm »
This might help out;

http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/dialogue/index.php

I just remembered I bought this game a while ago for about $250, and haven't played it yet.
I think I know what I'm doing this Christmas holidays! I should make a habit of this actually, playing stupidly expensive Saturn games over the Christmas break. I played the entire Shining Force III trilogy last year (holy shit those games are bloody incredible by the way).

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Panzer Dragoon Azel translation guide?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »
I played it, fell in love with it. I do not own the original box with an original copy however.

After I bought the sega saturn, I gotta be honest that I went through the technical way of getting my games work. In other words, I found out there was a "swap trick" which made it able to run burned copy's.

That is actually just a tidbit of the proces. You have to patch the games first with a software that I can't seem to find anymore. Than you have to do some kind of region thing (since I have a pal saturn).

My brother modded the saturn with a 50/60 hz switch. We downloaded and burned all the games and I kind of own all of the good ones.

I just don't have the money to buy all those rare games. Also as I love to support SEGA, I don't think they would make any profit if I bought a copy from someone else for the price of €200,-

One of the greatest games i've played still.