Author Topic: Does the classic sonic formula need any change at all?  (Read 6506 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Does the classic sonic formula need any change at all?
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:49 pm »
So i'm pretty sure most people enjoyed sonic mania a whole lot but we've had enough time now to have it all process and maybe have a strongerl opinion about the game. The game has kept a lot of core systems of the classics intact and has added upon them. Ofcourse the whole meaning of sonic mania was for it to be faithful and nostalgic, but now that they've done sonic mania, maybe it's time for them to be more ambitious next?

So we're now a year later and i've played sonic mania a lot. I think the ring system is what has allowed us to be able to love the franchise as kids. Except for sonic 1, they were very casual games. Untill metropolis zone you could get quite far without too much trouble in sonic 2. Sonic 3 even more accesable imo. Lots of emphasis on having things look cool and thrill despite stages being a lot larger. The games in general are all very very forgiving because of the ring system imo. I mean seeing as there's so many sonic fans still it obviously works, but if there'd be something i'd wanna see slightly adjusted it would be the ring system being too forgiving. I think i've said this before but I was wondering what you would like to see changed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:04:00 am by CrazyT »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Does the classic sonic formula need any change at all?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:26:31 pm »
As for me, I'd go with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Change is good, but don't make a radical change unless it's a brand new direction.
Sonic Generations is well received because it embraces both.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Does the classic sonic formula need any change at all?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:57:15 am »
As for me, I'd go with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Change is good, but don't make a radical change unless it's a brand new direction.
Sonic Generations is well received because it embraces both.
Yeah nothing radical. What I was meaning to say is that the games could use a hard mode. Encore mode wasnt bad but it was still very much doable
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:04:19 am by CrazyT »