Author Topic: Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure!  (Read 5675 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure!
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »
I just received my copy of Rhythm Thief today and thus far it has been a total ball. It definitely has a great SEGA vibe all around. The different game modes are great fun and it looks like there is a ton of side stuff to do in the great city of Paris. Plus, the story is quite intriguing and I can't wait to see more of it.
Who else here on SEGAbits has been lovin' the adventures of Phantom R?
[youtube]http://youtu.be/04k3wYTmboY[/youtube]
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »
I'm getting this eventually. Really loved the demo alot. I mean I was really impressed by how much fun a rhythm game could be, but then again it's made by the same people who did space channel 5 right? It certainly gives the same "up down chu" vibe.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
It's a fun game, I love the Rhythm games

the point and click exploration on the other hand.. shouldn't even be in there, they should of handled the story like space channel 5.

I haven't finished the game yet, the point and click exploration just bores and exhausts me. I just want to play the Rhythm games.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »
I pre-ordered it off of Amazon a while back, but they still don't have an estimated ship date :(.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
I pre-ordered it off of Amazon a while back, but they still don't have an estimated ship date :(.

I hope it arrives soon for you SOUP. I think you'll really enjoy it!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it :D.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:29 pm »
Really need to find my 3DS.  >:(

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Ben

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 10:22:31 pm »
I'm having fun with the game. I'm beginning to find the gameplay outside the rhythm games to be growing a little tedious, though. Not a ton of variety there.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 06:13:18 pm »
I finished the story mode the other day and it was great! A sweet finale that rivals Space Channel 5 Part 2. Also, without spoiling too much, there is a cool twist in a post credits scene. Hopefully we'll be seeing another Rhythm Thief game in the future!
I have had loads of fun with this game, it provided a good challenge and there is extra scenes I still have yet to unlock. Getting all A ranks will be difficult but I'm going to have a blast doing it!  :)
Unlimited Continues:

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »
I finally played the demo last night, though it's been installed since they released it, and sure enough I'm in love with it. The visual style is superb, music great, and gameplay samples fantastic. I very much want this game.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:33:36 am »
You know I really want to get this game now. I just dont know if I should be getting it at full price (40€). Is it worth it?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:46 am »
Probably gonna get this, Crush 3D and Shinobi when I get a 3DS.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 07:51:40 am »
You know I really want to get this game now. I just dont know if I should be getting it at full price (40€). Is it worth it?

I think it is. The story mode of the game is a decent length of about 10 hours and I find myself replaying many of the rhythm games just because they're so darn fun.
Unlimited Continues:

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 04:12:30 am »
With so many 3DS games out lately, I just can't make my pick anymore. On the one hand I want to get rhythm thief so much, but Kingdom hearts is a game that I expect to give me alot more quality time then Rhythm thief will. Hmm :(

Heroes of ruin seems very interesting as well. That demo was quite fun

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 08:46:33 pm »

As for me, Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure is the best SEGA's handheld game of the decade.
It's unique, fun to play, and has many tribute for previous musical SEGA games
(Samba de Amigo, Space Channel 5, Feel The Magic XY/XX).
Really wish SEGA would revive this franchise again someday.