Author Topic: The good food thread! (tell us about it!)  (Read 16948 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
The good food thread! (tell us about it!)
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:23 pm »
After the Ex-Veggie thread I thought this had to be done... What are your favorite foods, recommend something to others etc.

For me,

Roast Pork
There isnt much of a more tasty mean then a bit of roast pork... The 'crackling' aka roasted skin is delicious... a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning... Mmm Mmm! This one is pretty self explanitory.

Beans on toast with a fried Egg
Trust me, this is my special. It's balls easy and it's amazingly tasty.
Get one can of Backed Beans (Hinez brand ftw) Slap some white bread in the toaster, heat up the beans in the microwave and fry an egg. Make sure the yolk is still nice and runny.
Important: Slap it all together on a plate and make sure you attack it with a knife and fork until it's a complete mush... Has to be all mushed together. Then enjoy! (Thank me later)

Bacon Sandwich with fried bread
Ok, this is the most unhealthy thing I make on a semi regular basis and you MUST try this once in your life.
Get out the frying pan and a fuck ton of oil,
Fry Bacon and an Egg as usual. But this time also fry the bread you are using for the sandwich, you’ll need a lot of oil to fry the bread as it soaks it up like a sponge... make sure you fry both sides of the bread until its crispy like toast.

When finished, build the sandwich and make sure you put the final ingredient; A couple of lines of Ketchup (Hinez if possible) and a couple of lines of HP source (I believe Americans call it 'A1 Source')... Even if you don't like these sources trust me in this sandwich it becomes heavenly.

Lobster fried in garlic butter
Lobsters are pretty expensive at the best of times but I must say it's so worth it, break off the shell slap it in a pan with a nice helping of garlic butter... So damn good.

Chicken Korma (Curry) with Pishwari Naan!
I hear Curry and Indian take away arent common place in America but boy are you missing out if you haven't had a tasty Korma with a side dish Naan bread! This is always best at Indian restaurants don't bother trying to make it yourself... Never ever as good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The good food thread! (tell us about it!)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »
This recipe is the bomb:
Meatballs With Sauteed Chard
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/ ... index.html
It has this sweet salty thing going on thanks to the cinnamon and pork. Delicious.

Also, I'm usually a big fan of a dish that has shrimp, lobster, mangoes or pesto (but not all three at once).

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »
I loooove candy! ^__^ I know that it's not good for me, but I do eventually have some. I especially love Milky Way Midnight bars... they're Milky Ways made with rich dark chocolate. They are SO good!

Want some chocolate? ^__^

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
Candy ain't real food. It's a snack. Can't cook it, can't have it as a meal (unless you want diabetes).

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 11:29:11 pm »
Yeah, like I said, I know candy is really bad. But... it tastes so sweet... ^^'''' It's hard to resist sometimes.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:56:47 pm »
Pavlova!

Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer Ánna Pávlova.

The dessert is believed to have been created to honour the dancer during or after one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s. Where it was created and the nationality of its creator has been a source of argument between the two nations for many years, but research indicates New Zealand as the source.

The dessert is a popular dish and an important part of the national cuisine of both countries, and is frequently served during celebratory or holiday meals such as Christmas lunch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlova_(food)

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 11:58:58 pm »
Ooh, that looks godly. @_@ Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try cooking it up sometime when I feel up to taking a hit in calories.

I'll get a recipe for a really delicious salad soon. I can't remember where I put it. ^^'''

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 06:01:13 am »
I think my tastes in food are fairly simple and boring.

My favorite dish is very simple. With leftover turkey from every Thanksgiving I make a sandwich I am not sure that anyone else makes. I will chop up little bits of the turkey and put it on a nice rye bread, place some stuffing and some 'Cranberry relish'** that was probably invented by my family, a bit of pepper, another topping of your choice and you have got yourself one of the best damn sandwiches you could ever find, not to mention one of the cheapest! This always goes great with a nice helping of orange juice, but milk or water are also nice.

Probably my second favorite meal is pizza or sausage... Or a pizza with sausage! Put a can of Dr Pepper next to it, and you will have a friend for life.

Everything else that would come after that is probably breakfast related, eggs, pancakes, bacon, Canadian bacon, even cereals, I guess.

Oh, and everyone should always finish off any meal with a nice Arnold Palmer Half & Half, it is the beverage of champions!

**For the relish, grind oranges and cranberries together, add some orange juice and sugar for taste. Walnuts also work well with it, but I do not add them in much.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 06:13:52 am »
This always goes great with a nice helping of orange juice, but milk or water are also nice.

What is it with you yanks and drinking milk with savoury food? Swear to God, ya'll some sick motherfuckers.

If we are talking about drinks:

This goes down so, so well with a fish, calimari and chips.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 06:25:24 am »

grilled febras.

and of course..
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 07:18:00 am »
Francesinha

It's a sort of sandwich with different meats in two slices of bread covered with melted cheese and a special sauce. Typically people add fries. I drool over them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesinha

Goes exceptionally well with

:afroman:

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:52 am »

A blooming onion, onion bloom, onion blossom, or onion 'mum is a dish consisting of one large Vidalia onion which is cut to resemble a flower, breaded and deep fried. It is served as an appetizer at some restaurants.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 08:31:05 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
This always goes great with a nice helping of orange juice, but milk or water are also nice.

What is it with you yanks and drinking milk with savoury food? Swear to God, ya'll some sick motherfuckers.

If we are talking about drinks:

This goes down so, so well with a fish, calimari and chips.

Remember these are leftovers, so the turkey is fairly dry now. Not to mention this it is no longer the main part of the meal anymore! Of course if it was a turkey right out of the oven I would be downing some of this

But I am not much of a drinker, and I prefer some good ol' Arny over most anything nowadays.

Also, I have not had a bloomin' onion in years! I need to get one of them soon dammit!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 01:37:09 am »
Well, I've always liked eating soybean products before, but recently I found out about some beneficial side effects that soybeans give, including a reduction in testosterone. Now I'm going to be having it a little more often. ^__^

I might even switch out meat for soybean substitutes, on occasion.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 02:18:08 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Well, I've always liked eating soybean products before, but recently I found out about some beneficial side effects that soybeans give, including a reduction in testosterone. Now I'm going to be having it a little more often. ^__^

I might even switch out meat for soybean substitutes, on occasion.
Excuse Me...