Author Topic: Binary Domain Demo impressions (Available now on JP Store)  (Read 12835 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
Binary Domain Demo impressions (Available now on JP Store)
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »
downloading....

:)

some info :
The demo will allow players to sample a portion of campaign mode over two stages, one set in the Shibuya's Spain-zaka area in the lower city and one in the Shinjuku Station-like area of the upper city.

The demo will offer voice command support, where you give voice-based commands to your support characters. However, it will not support online play.

Demo Size: 1.2 GB for PSN / 1.0 GB for XBL
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:34:32 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Binary Domain Demo impressions (Available now on JP Store)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:44:35 am »
Everyone is saying good things about the game. Holy shit, my heart is beating so fast, i cant sleep. Im so fucking happy!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »
I am surprised not more people are talking about this! Downloaded it a while ago and even though I cannot make heads or tails out of the dialogue, I completely dig the game!

Love shooting the heads off the robots and watching them attack anyone, it's also a good way to cause a slight distraction heh. The procedural damage caused is great stuff and makes destroying baddies a lot more statisfying and creates a few interesting situations!

Framerate seemed to slow down at times but not too massively, I heard the 360 version is better on this regards actually! But one of the most impressive things was the AI, loved how aggressively it is and all the neat little details that goes with it, I especially loved it when the robots were damaged extensively and how they would just ran at you to do a damaging melee attack.

Overall though, great demo, cannot wait to try it in English though!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »
When is the English demo due?

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »
I am surprised not more people are talking about this! Downloaded it a while ago and even though I cannot make heads or tails out of the dialogue, I completely dig the game!

Love shooting the heads off the robots and watching them attack anyone, it's also a good way to cause a slight distraction heh. The procedural damage caused is great stuff and makes destroying baddies a lot more statisfying and creates a few interesting situations!

Framerate seemed to slow down at times but not too massively, I heard the 360 version is better on this regards actually! But one of the most impressive things was the AI, loved how aggressively it is and all the neat little details that goes with it, I especially loved it when the robots were damaged extensively and how they would just ran at you to do a damaging melee attack.

Overall though, great demo, cannot wait to try it in English though!
yeah, demo was great overall except for the framerate issues.
but i am glad the 360 ver is better in performance since i really want to play the game using my 360 controller.

i also can't wait for the 360 Eng demo.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:52:45 pm »
I'd download it, but I forgot the email AND password for my japanese XBLA account, and only get this message when trying to create a new one: Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:09:20 am »
Playing the PS3 demo. Can't wait for the english version to come so I know what the heck is going on. I can't really communicate to my squad since it's all in Japanese.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:14:28 am »
The PAL demo will be out on 24 february, the same date as the game will be out.

Bad move :-/
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02:38 am »
The PAL demo will be out on 24 february, the same date as the game will be out.

Bad move :-/

Can I ask were you heard this Alex? Neither XBLA or PSN update on a Friday so this would seem extremely unlikely. I do however fear SEGA is going to completely skip on a demo till the very latest and this has me worried, after playing it I know this game can be a big success for them.

Also PSN America even has it's own section for Binary Domain (And being advertised as soon as you enter) so I would find it odd they drop the ball completely.

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 11:08:57 am »
I read it on some german websites some days ago, for example here: http://playnation.de/news,id37385,binary-domain-demo-anmarsch.html

But maybe they are wrong.
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »
I got my account all set, but saw it's a gold exclusive. How long does that last on the JP store?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »
I'm guessing 2 weeks at the most.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:15 pm »
I'm guessing 2 weeks at the most.

We are probably going to get it on the European/American stores by then, haha.

Anyway not surprising, but I've been playing the demo again and again, I've been playing it on easy and taking out robots piece by piece, then upping it to hard and tactically getting my group to charge, regroup and cover me and then charge again, real blast to play!

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:22:00 am »
Really nice demo and was happy to see how well done and hard the game and its AI is done, shame the frame rate in the PS3 version is all over the place (that can be fixed)

I just hope there's plenty of variety in the stages and enemies , because all I've seen from the vid's and this demo is all the same stages and bosses really , otherwise I can't wait for the final game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:49 am »
I just tried out the demo on my PS3 to see if Binary Domain  is something I want to get. I tried seeing if it was possible to play the game without using the cover-system but even on the easiest difficulty setting I kept getting shot to pieces. I don't know how to explain it but I just don't really enjoy cover-based shooters. Binary Domain has a lot of awesome stuff going for it but I think I won't be getting this title.  :( It's really cool that you all are enjoying it though, I'm happy for you!   :D
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!