Author Topic: Topic of Soccer Madness  (Read 18830 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Topic of Soccer Madness
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »
So, in order to keep the good ol' What are your current thoughts? a bit less chatty about soccer, I've got the following list of topics that we can cover...

-Alex Furgeson calling it quits for ManU;
-Totenham hates Arsenal's guts;
-Mourinho possibly going back to Chelsea;
-Benfica screwing up against Estoril, making this match on Saturday particularly stressing for the boys in red;
-Beira-Mar FC was almost out of the danger zone if it wasn't for Rio Ave f***ing up with Olhanense FC;
-Benfica battling Chelsea soon;
-Arsené Wenger is still the most beloved frog in all of England;
-Sporting CP going into Administration, trying as hard as possible to stay afloat and we don't have Wolfenswinkle anymore!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let the madness begin!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Topic of Soccer Madness
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:52:55 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BqNMkdsyLE[/youtube]

Last minute winner by the youngest player in the team.
The win puts Porto in 1st place with one match left to play.

I fucking lost my shit. Even Benfica's coach kneeled before the greatness of this moment of pure undiluted football.

Kelvin, the boy that dared to dream.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:56:28 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »
City fucked up in the final when Wigan got the final (normal) minute goal of the game.

I am not too fussed, I doubt Wigan will get another chance so happy for them.

Mancini quit (guessing he was ousted from failing....damn....), so I worry for City's stability now.

Chelski vs Benfica will be interesting. For patriotic purposes, I want Chelski to win, but with a few Portugese members in this forum, I wouldn't mind Benfica winning it.

It seems like Wigan, those welsh wizards called Swansea and most likely Tottenham or Everton will be in the Europe league (Wouldn't mind Wigan getting far into that competition).

I doubt United will win anything next year personally...unless Fergie pulls the strings behind the scenes on Moyes.

Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 03:38:27 pm »
Chelski vs Benfica will be interesting. For patriotic purposes, I want Chelski to win, but with a few Portugese members in this forum, I wouldn't mind Benfica winning it.
I'm a full fledged Chelsea fan this week.
After MONTHS of advanced celebration because of the possibility of a treble, it would be freaking sweet to see them lose it all in the matter of a week.

There is way too much rivalry going on for me to want them to win anything at all. Portuguese club or not.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:52:06 am »
I'm a full fledged Chelsea fan this week.
After MONTHS of advanced celebration because of the possibility of a treble, it would be freaking sweet to see them lose it all in the matter of a week.

There is way too much rivalry going on for me to want them to win anything at all. Portuguese club or not.

Fair enough dude.

I am not the biggest Chelsea fan, but damn I love the way their kit is!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:32:03 am »
Fair enough dude.

I am not the biggest Chelsea fan, but damn I love the way their kit is!
Later I'll post my take on the whole portuguese rivalry thing. Aside from Barça x Real, I think Porto x Benfica is the biggest in Europe. It gets to the point that you see old ladies cursing at eachother defending their colors, even though they don't watch football at all. It goes so much beyond the game that it's incredible.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:13 pm »
As a longtime Sporting fan, 2012/2013 was a year that I just cannot put into words just how awfull it's been.

5 couches jumped in, producing terrible results... My team feels like a hollow shell, a far cry from it's glory days.

The Sporting CP that I knew from 1999-2002 (the last true great era) is dead and buried and what we have left is a knock-off.

Can I blame Liedson and other star players(like Moutinho)for leaving? Not really, so many years of servitude with nothing to show for on their resume.

I can be optimistic about a lot of things, but I can't find anything worth a dime in Sporting CP.

We miss you, Five Fiddles...

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:52 am »
Wow @ Crackdude. Never expected it to be that serious!

Where's CrazyTails as well....isn't he from Nederlands? I wonder if he supports Ajax or PSG?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 06:27:10 am »
I thought you two were alright but I see I was mistaken.

I mean, I have to question anyone's moral compass who wants John Terry and Ashley Cole to experience any sort of enjoyment, what's wrong with you Crack and Nameless?!

Personally, I hope Benfica rips them a new one.

Also at Mancini getting fired after I said their billionaire owners were going good for City, the simple fact is if they had bought Robin van Persie from us and forked over the money, they would have easily retained their title.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
John Terry and Ashley Cole's enjoyment was a needed sacrifice.

Benfica AGAIN loses a game at the 90+2" mark. 7th consecutive lost european final.
It was delightful to see the tears streaming from those bastards' eyes. Me myself also cried (of laughter) for long minutes.

Rivalries aside, Benfica played well on the first half but couldn't land a goal. Though they went into the dressing room confident, they came back for the 2nd half with the arrogance Benfica is well-known for. The result was an over-confident Benfica trying to score against a much more experienced Chelsea.
Torres' goal was the product of Benfica having too many man upfront and a salt-cracker defense in the back. Benfica kept pressing and got the penalty. I believe they wouldn't have scored otherwise.

I wasn't expecting the 90+2 goal. But it was....magical. I loved it.

gg Benfica, but Guttman strikes again!
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:27:24 am »
John Terry and Ashley Cole's enjoyment was a needed sacrifice.

But one is a well known racist and the other a serial adulterer... Well okay both are the latter but still!

In a way I am happy Rafa won something with Chelsea, but it shows the complete plasticness of their fans coming to the Europa final and chanting/carrying banners saying they want Mourinho and consistently downgrading Benetiz.

But yeah, John Terry is still a cunt and needs to be cuntslapped by someone.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 06:33:25 am »
So it's been announced that Arsenal have invited Porto, Galatasaray and Napoli for the Emirates Cup.

It's on Crackdude, it's on.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 11:53:22 am »
So it's been announced that Arsenal have invited Porto, Galatasaray and Napoli for the Emirates Cup.

It's on Crackdude, it's on.
Yeah, except from what I read both Arsenal and Porto face the other two teams but not eachother. Proper what the fuck. I was excited for this.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 04:52:07 pm »
I thought you two were alright but I see I was mistaken.

I mean, I have to question anyone's moral compass who wants John Terry and Ashley Cole to experience any sort of enjoyment, what's wrong with you Crack and Nameless?!

Personally, I hope Benfica rips them a new one.

Also at Mancini getting fired after I said their billionaire owners were going good for City, the simple fact is if they had bought Robin van Persie from us and forked over the money, they would have easily retained their title.

lol. I hate JT with a passion! Ashley Cole's just an idiot...he does good for England so he can be forgiven (but given what he did to Arsenal fans, I understand why you hate him).

It's due to Mancini's attitude with the players it seems. City could have got RVP easily but I read somewhere that RVP knew of Mancini's reputation with players so decided to go to United instead....so I can see why Mancini was sacked. (long term, it was the right choice, despite winning us a trophy. Short term, it's a disaster since it means no stability again)

It seems like Arsenal could be the contenders for the title Next Season...heard that Chelski won't pay up for Mourinho and Moyes won't win much in his first year in charge. City are in a shambles so it could be Tottenham/Arsenal now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:56:49 pm by Nameless 24 »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:51 pm »
Porto is portuguese champion. That makes it three in a row, seven in the last 8 years.

SEG4GES