Author Topic: Hardware Issues  (Read 2909 times)

Offline SuperNeoMegaTurbo

• Total Meseta: 0
Hardware Issues
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:11:42 am »
So I have a Master System. And I haven't really played much of it, but what i have played i love it. Unfortunately living in Canada there is not a huge market for games period, let alone anything Sega related. Anyways, I have After Burner and Choplifter. And i can manage to make after burner work with a genesis controller, since i don't have one, but it wont work at all with Choplifter. I can get as far as starting the game but the chopper is totally unresponsive. is there something wrong with my console? Or should i just get actual SMS controllers. Because i have an old '86 SMS, model#3010, which, to my recollection, should have Snail Maze built in to it. I can even get that to work with the Genesis controller. Is there something wrong with my controller port? because i have tried MANY genesis controllers, and very little out come.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Hardware Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:02 am »
Genesis controllers should work flawlessly I think.. Try cleaning the controller port with ethanol. Rub it real gud and dry it up with a hair heater.
SEG4GES

Offline SuperNeoMegaTurbo

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:18 pm »
i can certainly try cleaning it. doesnt look to dirty to me. but then again it could be deep down. i just find it weird one game works, and another wont.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:12:51 am »
Genesis/Mega Drive controllers will work with *most* Master System games, but not all. (IIRC the problem is related to the wiring of the pause button.) However, from what I've researched, Choplifter should be able to work with the Gen controller. It's possible that it's a problem with the controller port, but I don't know for sure. I recommend going to the forum at http://www.smspower.org as that's the largest forum of people with advanced technical knowledge about the Master System. They'll be able to help you troubleshoot it.