Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431217 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2021, 12:07:57 am »
Sonic and Tails Face Off Against Their Evil Twins In New Miniseries

IDW just announced that Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails will fight against their evil doppelgängers in a new four-issue miniseries called Imposter Syndrome leading up to the main Sonic series' monumental 50th issue.
The publisher didn't divulge that much about these new villains except to say that Dr. Eggman's former fanboy-turned-traitor Dr. Starline most likely created them.
It also implied that Sonic's twin is a girl.

Article : https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-tails-starline-imposter-syndrome-evil-twins/

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #481 on: September 07, 2021, 09:42:12 am »
The Game is Available Now !!!
Happy Playing !!!

Link : https://colors.sonicthehedgehog.com/

Sonic Colours: Ultimate – Physical Version Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGg0kgPYtGg

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #482 on: September 07, 2021, 12:01:01 pm »
I'm concerned that all the backlash from how buggy the game was will cause Sonic's reputation to dip again. I don't want to go back to an internet where it was trendy to openly criticize and hate Sonic.

Offline Berto

« Reply #483 on: September 07, 2021, 08:35:13 pm »
I'm concerned that all the backlash from how buggy the game was will cause Sonic's reputation to dip again. I don't want to go back to an internet where it was trendy to openly criticize and hate Sonic.

Weird, I don't find any bugs or glitches at all, but I'm only playing the game casually.
I know some person that posted the glitches playing it illegally using yuzu (a switch emulator), at least one person admit it after getting caught.
Similar glitches on real hardware can be caused by switching planets very fast causing memory overload.
I mean.. why the hell did you do that? You won't see them if you play normally.
Most of reviewers don't find them too because they play normally.

Offline Berto

« Reply #484 on: September 07, 2021, 10:55:01 pm »
Sonic Forces Mobile - Planet Wisp Tracks Cheat Detection Has Been Fixed

"Hey everyone! Tweaks have been made for the cheat detection on the Planet Wisp tracks and players should now see less false flagging.
Please reboot your game to ensure you are playing on the newest data."

Source : https://discordapp.com/invite/sonicforcesspeedbattle

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #485 on: September 08, 2021, 10:42:45 am »
Weird, I don't find any bugs or glitches at all, but I'm only playing the game casually.
I know some person that posted the glitches playing it illegally using yuzu (a switch emulator), at least one person admit it after getting caught.
Similar glitches on real hardware can be caused by switching planets very fast causing memory overload.
I mean.. why the hell did you do that? You won't see them if you play normally.
Most of reviewers don't find them too because they play normally.
I heard the Switch version of the game was the most glitchiest that Nintendo offered refunds for the game.

To be fair, Nintendo versions of major games were always inferior.

Offline Berto

« Reply #486 on: September 08, 2021, 08:37:38 pm »
I heard the Switch version of the game was the most glitchiest that Nintendo offered refunds for the game.

It has the lowest spec afterall. Guess making it 30fps was still not enough.

To be fair, Nintendo versions of major games were always inferior.

That's true. The thing is ... Nintendo version was always the one which sold most.
Even the inferior version of Sonic Generations on 3DS outsold its original PS3 version.
This is why all Sonic games after that is either multiplatforms (including Nintendo system) or Nintendo system exclusive.
Kinda make me worried to Sonic Rangers, since making it playable enough on Switch seems to restrict the game's potential.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #487 on: September 08, 2021, 10:10:17 pm »
It has the lowest spec afterall. Guess making it 30fps was still not enough.

That's true. The thing is ... Nintendo version was always the one which sold most.
Even the inferior version of Sonic Generations on 3DS outsold its original PS3 version.
This is why all Sonic games after that is either multiplatforms (including Nintendo system) or Nintendo system exclusive.
Kinda make me worried to Sonic Rangers, since making it playable enough on Switch seems to restrict the game's potential.
You'dd probably regard me still bitter over living through the "console war" and seeing Sega loose to Nintendo and all... but I still never trusted Sega's relations with Nintendo. To be clear I won't deny that Sega are not entirely at fault for most of their shortcomings but I still believe that their post-war "friendship" isn't entirely sunshine and daises.

Take the "partnership" Sega had with Nintendo in 2013. A "partnership" implies that both parties agree to work together and take equal responsibility for any failures or shortcomings. So Sega and Nintendo had a partnership for the development of three games for the Wii U: Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic 2014 Winter Olympics and Rise of Lyric.

In development, Sonic Lost World was intended to be a "110% Sonic game"... yet why does it feel like Nintendo had sway in it's development? Why does the whole game feel like it's trying to brown-nose with Nintendo? Why are most of it's DLCs Nintendo themed? It's a game everyone thought was more like a Super Mario game than a Sonic game.

Then there was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Yes it's Sega's fault for it's development but did Nintendo helped their "partner" at all to make sure Rise of Lyric would work on their console?

So anyway, we all know how bad Rise of Lyric turned out to be. Given this game was released in partnership with Nintendo, I guess that mean Nintendo are just as equal to blame for the quality of the game as Sega right?... right?NAH! IT'S ANOTHER BAD SONIC GAME! WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM SEGA? Nintendo's hands were clean from it.
And no one complained that much over Sonic Lost World because it was more like a Mario game than a Sonic game.
As for the Winter Olympic game, it had Super Mario in it.

It just pisses me off that Nintendo were quick to forget the partnership when Sega failed to provide quality games for their failing console. To throw them under the bus.

Now Nintendo are the first to offer refunds for thew Switch version of Sonic Colours: Ultimate thinking it make them look more responsible than Sega despite the fact the provided screenshots were taken from an emulator and that the Switch verison just need some patchwork done.

*Sigh* Imagine living on a timeline where Sega would of beaten Nintendo at the console war. Where they become the multi-billion dollar company Nintendo is now. But we'll never know.

Offline Berto

« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2021, 01:14:45 am »
Nintendo's definitely ain't a saint but it still takes two to tango.
SEGA's still at fault for its quality check insurance.
Real glitches may be minor but the fact that they exist .. it's kinda make it worse than Sonic Forces or Lost World that have no such problems at launch.

I'd still blame those click and bait content creators that are using review copy to find the glitches, not to review them.
Once it gets many likes , the domino effects started.
Others want to jump in too, even if they have to sell their soul to satan by making fake glitches or using emulator.
Hopefully they get their karma later.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2021, 09:37:15 am »
Way I see it, Sega are the underdogs. Underdogs are not the bad guys but can make mistakes and sometimes the underhanded decisions in their struggles to get to the top, but not entirely bad guys. I'm aware of the abuse the developers went through for some of their projects, I'm even aware of their ties with crime (as this Nintendo article said) They made mistakes but I know they're not entirely bad.

Nintendo however, everyone treats them as the god-company of the Video Game industry. That Shigeru Miyamoto only poops gold. That Nintendo owners are usually the wealthiest men in Japan. That they're absolute perfection.
That if the game involves Mario it's 10/10, ★★★★★, Masterpiece!

Heck "Super Nintendo World" has little to do with Nintendo and just Super Mario narcism... I mean yeah, I see how hypocritical I am given I wish Sonic had something like Super Nintendo World... But Sonic could of had a theme park, but Mario only got one because Jesus himself owned a NES or something.

I know that given Sega stepped down from the console market that they will no longer be on the same platform as Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. But I still wish Sega would be a challenge to Nintendo again someday, esecially given it was during the console war that encouraged both Nintendo and Sega to do their best.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:39:20 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #490 on: September 09, 2021, 08:36:00 pm »
Way I see it, Sega are the underdogs. Underdogs are not the bad guys but can make mistakes and sometimes the underhanded decisions in their struggles to get to the top, but not entirely bad guys. I'm aware of the abuse the developers went through for some of their projects, I'm even aware of their ties with crime (as this Nintendo article said) They made mistakes but I know they're not entirely bad.

They were underdogs, that's for sure.
But now SEGA aren't underdogs anymore.
They're one of famous game publishers.
Twice as best publisher of the year on Metacrictic.

Nintendo however, everyone treats them as the god-company of the Video Game industry. That Shigeru Miyamoto only poops gold. That Nintendo owners are usually the wealthiest men in Japan. That they're absolute perfection.
That if the game involves Mario it's 10/10, ★★★★★, Masterpiece!

Heck "Super Nintendo World" has little to do with Nintendo and just Super Mario narcism... I mean yeah, I see how hypocritical I am given I wish Sonic had something like Super Nintendo World... But Sonic could of had a theme park, but Mario only got one because Jesus himself owned a NES or something.

Well.. not everyone. I had many friends who are Playstation fans that hate Nintendo.
The first ones to share all bad news about Nintendo on Facebook.
Even attack me for choosing Switch version of Sonic Colors Ultimate, lol.
Sharing all news that said Switch version was the glitchiest version of all.
I can't hate them though.
Since oddly enough, they love Yakuza, Persona, and Shin Sakura Wars more than I do.

Iknow that given Sega stepped down from the console market that they will no longer be on the same platform as Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. But I still wish Sega would be a challenge to Nintendo again someday, esecially given it was during the console war that encouraged both Nintendo and Sega to do their best.

That's kinda hard since Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is best-selling gaming character cross-over franchise ever.
Abandoning this would mean they'd lose tons of money potential.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:38:11 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2021, 09:02:18 pm »
They were underdogs, that's for sure.
But now SEGA aren't underdogs anymore.
They're one of famous game publishers.
Twice as best publisher of the year on Metacrictic.
Then why does it feel like Sega are struggling most of the time? Not just making games but keeping their respect outside the Sonic and Total War fandoms?
Well.. not everyone. I had many friends who are Playstation fans that hate Nintendo.
The first ones to share all bad news about Nintendo on Facebook.
Even attack me for choosing Switch version of Sonic Colors Ultimate, lol.
Sharing all news that said Switch version was the glitchiest version of all.
I can't hate them though.
Since oddly enough, they love Yakuza, Persona, and Shin Sakura Wars more than I do.
They sound more bitter Sega lost over Nintendo than I do.
That's kinda hard since Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is best-selling gaming character cross-over franchise ever.
Abandoning this would mean they'd lose tons of money potential.
They could still have their Olympic games. I'm just saying it be nice if Sega and Nintendo were as competitive as Coca-Cola and Pepsi. I mean whenever one cola company makes adverts bashing the other their must be consent from both sides, Coca-cola and Pepsi probably know their "rivalry" is marketable for the both of them.

Another reason why it be bad for Sega to return to the console market would that not only would it cost more to mass produce consoles but would also mean Sega games will no longer be multi-platform which makes Sonic and other Sega games accessable to those without specific consoles. It's why I never bothered buying a Switch, XBox X/S or PS5 because my PC is still good for Sonic games.

But still... Nintendo is a multi-million dollar company, and despite making games exclusively for their consoles they're.... well, of 2021 third to Sony and "Tencent", some chinese video game company I never heard of until now, in revenue. SegaSammy are in ninth place. So props to them for making the top 10. Just be nice if Sega were one of the titans that would make Nintendo regard Sega more on equals like they were in the '90s.

Offline Berto

« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2021, 09:35:24 pm »
Then why does it feel like Sega are struggling most of the time? Not just making games but keeping their respect outside the Sonic and Total War fandoms?

Other than in arcade business, SEGA isn't struggling.
Their business is doing great.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/08/09/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-drives-sega-profits-in-q2-2021/

They sound more bitter Sega lost over Nintendo than I do.

Sometimes I wonder why.
They aren't even like this towards XBox.
And I though their rival is supposed to be XBox.

They could still have their Olympic games. I'm just saying it be nice if Sega and Nintendo were as competitive as Coca-Cola and Pepsi. I mean whenever one cola company makes adverts bashing the other their must be consent from both sides, Coca-cola and Pepsi probably know their "rivalry" is marketable for the both of them.

Another reason why it be bad for Sega to return to the console market would that not only would it cost more to mass produce consoles but would also mean Sega games will no longer be multi-platform which makes Sonic and other Sega games accessable to those without specific consoles. It's why I never bothered buying a Switch, XBox X/S or PS5 because my PC is still good for Sonic games.

PC is still best option for SEGA gaming machine.
Especially later when Steam Decks come out.
Unless you want to play Lost Judment, Project Diva, and M&S Olympic Series of course.

But still... Nintendo is a multi-million dollar company, and despite making games exclusively for their consoles they're.... well, of 2021 third to Sony and "Tencent", some chinese video game company I never heard of until now, in revenue. SegaSammy are in ninth place. So props to them for making the top 10. Just be nice if Sega were one of the titans that would make Nintendo regard Sega more on equals like they were in the '90s.

Well... If SEGA's back as console publisher now...
Nintendo would not even be their main enemy.
It's Sony.
Just like in Saturn and Dreamcast day.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2021, 09:59:55 pm »
Other than in arcade business, SEGA isn't struggling.
Their business is doing great.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/08/09/phantasy-star-online-2-new-genesis-drives-sega-profits-in-q2-2021/
Well to me it feels like Sega arent' up there with Nintendo as they were in the 90s. I missed that seat of power for Sega.
Sometimes I wonder why.
They aren't even like this towards XBox.
And I though their rival is supposed to be XBox.
Well I won't say they're hypocritical, after all Sonic games that came out for the XBox are the better version. Some even regard theXBox as the spiritual successor to the dreamcast.... I'm not sure why.
PC is still best option for SEGA gaming machine.
Especially later when Steam Decks come out.
Unless you want to play Lost Judment, Project Diva, and M&S Olympic Series of course.
I'm not one of those "PC IS MASTER RACE!" sort of gamers, but I believe given time Lost Judgement and Project Diva will find it's way on Steam sooner or late. Not the Olympic games though.
Well... If SEGA's back as console publisher now...
Nintendo would not even be their main enemy.
It's Sony.
Just like in Saturn and Dreamcast day.

I know, just something aesthetically pleasing about Sega consoles. What instead of a proper console, they make a small form factor gaming PC? Just like VALVe's Steam Machine. It's not exactly a console, more of a specific-made gaming PC with a unique operating system. Sega could bring back Sega Channel over it.

I mean... I know full well they're not gonna and I'm just writting the ramblings of a Sega-sentimental moron... But sometimes I wonder what would Sega'#s next console be after Dreamcast or what their current console would be today. (Especially after running out of planet to name the console development projects after.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:07:10 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #494 on: September 09, 2021, 11:35:11 pm »
I'm not one of those "PC IS MASTER RACE!" sort of gamers, but I believe given time Lost Judgement and Project Diva will find it's way on Steam sooner or late. Not the Olympic games though.

No, they're not coming. At least not Lost Judgment.

The fallout stems from Johnny & Associates (the talent agency behind Takayuki Yagami actor Takuya Kimura) not wanting the Judgment games to launch for PC.
The company doesn’t want Kimura’s face to be so readily accessible on the internet.
Maybe they aren’t happy having it on a platform that could easily be modded and ruin Takuya Kimura’s image.
Since he is a huge boy band, its obvious that these talent agencies are over bearing and controlling.

Link : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/07/12/rumor-judgment-coming-to-an-end-over-disagreement-with-lead-actors-talent-agency-due-to-pc-release/

I believe same things happened for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva.
May be Crypton Future Media doesn't want their beloved mascot, Hatsune Miku, could easily be modded into nude version or something like that.

Call them conservative or over protective, but that's how Japanese-centric companies are.
Even magazine wouldn't dare to show his face if they haven't got permission from his talent agency :

I know, just something aesthetically pleasing about Sega consoles. What instead of a proper console, they make a small form factor gaming PC? Just like VALVe's Steam Machine. It's not exactly a console, more of a specific-made gaming PC with a unique operating system. Sega could bring back Sega Channel over it.

SEGA Channel alike would cost SEGA so much.
They even need Microsoft's help for Phantasy Star Online 2's network.

https://customers.microsoft.com/en-us/story/863405-sega-corporation-gaming-azure-en-japan

I mean... I know full well they're not gonna and I'm just writting the ramblings of a Sega-sentimental moron... But sometimes I wonder what would Sega'#s next console be after Dreamcast or what their current console would be today. (Especially after running out of planet to name the console development projects after.)

I bet it will be something phenomenal.
Something that other companies have been thinking of.
But it'll cost a lot ... and then SEGA tried to cut the cost ...
Making wrong decision ... and somehow went into financial trouble again.
May be.