Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 430858 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #510 on: September 15, 2021, 07:26:26 pm »
Patch for Sonic Colors: Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch is Out Now!

"Hi everyone – We have deployed a patch for the Nintendo Switch for Sonic Colors: Ultimate.
This is the first of several patches (for all platforms!) that will begin rolling out in the near future.
Thank you for your patience!"

Source : https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1437793265303101449?s=20

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #511 on: September 15, 2021, 07:46:06 pm »
I'm still not gonna get the game, but I noticed a few asking on my end whenever they should get the game or not.

My advice is, wait until others test the waters first before diving right in.

Offline Berto

« Reply #512 on: September 15, 2021, 08:06:09 pm »
I'm still not gonna get the game, but I noticed a few asking on my end whenever they should get the game or not.

My advice is, wait until others test the waters first before diving right in.

As for me ... I already finished the game, Lol.
Even before the patch came up.
Never encountered any glitches and bugs, but I was playing in handheld mode all the time.
The game's sure looks pretty in handheld mode.

Not gonna touch it again for a while though.
I'm playing Warioware Get It Together now...

Warioware is my favorite of Nintendo franchises.
Not saying a lot though since there are only few of Nintendo franchises that I like
(Rhythm Heaven / Rhythm Paradise, Elite Beat Agents, Panel de Pon)

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #513 on: September 15, 2021, 08:21:58 pm »
As for me ... I already finished the game, Lol.
Even before the patch came up.
Never encountered any glitches and bugs, but I was playing in handheld mode all the time.
The game's sure looks pretty in handheld mode.
Most of those glitches were found by players manhandling the game. As much as I don't like Sonic Colours as it is, I don't think it deserved the degree of backlash it got from it's release.

Offline Berto

« Reply #514 on: September 16, 2021, 12:24:12 am »
Most of those glitches were found by players manhandling the game. As much as I don't like Sonic Colours as it is, I don't think it deserved the degree of backlash it got from it's release.

Youtube videos that share the glitches were put in the articles of gamesites,
which means more views for them and free publication for their youtube account.
They'll be motivated to do that again when new Sonic games come out later.
Kinda sad, isn't it?

Offline Berto

« Reply #515 on: September 16, 2021, 12:25:43 am »

Offline Berto

« Reply #516 on: September 16, 2021, 12:29:54 am »
Playing as Sonic, Tails, Kiryu, & Beat in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zoFDxzD1Rc

Offline Berto

« Reply #517 on: September 16, 2021, 02:31:05 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog + Cookie Run: Kingdom collab confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEqP8URtec

Cookie Run: Kingdom is a free-to-play RPG and city builder hybrid released by Devsisters.
It was released on January 20th, 2021, after much promotion and fanfare, with over three million downloads preregistered.

Link : https://mobile.twitter.com/GingerBrave_jp/status/1435878138571943936?s=19

Cookie Run: Kingdom welcomes Sonic and Tails in exciting limited-time collab event
From September 17th to October 16th

Fans of Cookie Run: Kingdom can now feed the need for speed as Devsisters and SEGA JAPAN partner up for a fast-paced limited-time event.
Sonic The Hedgehog and Miles “Tails” Prower are giving a whole new definition of “run” to the mobile RPG base-building game.
From September 17th to October 16th, these two speedsters will dash their way through Green Hill zone and team up with GingerBrave to keep the Cake Monsters at bay.

Article : https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/088026/cookie-run-kingdom-welcomes-sonic-the-hedgehog-and-miles-tails-prower-in-exciting-limited-time-collab-event/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #518 on: September 16, 2021, 08:06:44 am »
Youtube videos that share the glitches were put in the articles of gamesites,
which means more views for them and free publication for their youtube account.
They'll be motivated to do that again when new Sonic games come out later.
Kinda sad, isn't it?
It is. Some of those glitch-reporting vidos were just players who just wanted to point them out for Sega to fix than anything bias against them. But those gamesite articles take those videos (without permissions likely) and use them as slander against Sega.

I think it's likely that Sonic Team will put more effort in quality control in the next Sonic game but even if they produce a solid piece of gold, gamesites who find it "trendy to hate Sonic" will likely poop all over it.

But while Sonic Team are not the same Sonic Team as before (it was kind of a lie for them to say Sonic Forces was made by the same team that brought Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours. It's kind of like a "Trigger's broom" sort of thing) I still believe they are capable of making a great Sonic game like they did for Generations and I have a feeling that this game may bring in a new "era" of Sonic to us all.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:08:59 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #519 on: September 16, 2021, 11:15:35 pm »
It is. Some of those glitch-reporting vidos were just players who just wanted to point them out for Sega to fix than anything bias against them. But those gamesite articles take those videos (without permissions likely) and use them as slander against Sega.

I think it's likely that Sonic Team will put more effort in quality control in the next Sonic game but even if they produce a solid piece of gold, gamesites who find it "trendy to hate Sonic" will likely poop all over it.

It's just "so cool" to hate Sonic, just like people back then to hate Justin Biebers, or to hate Michael jackson in the 90s.
People who did this really need to get a life.

But while Sonic Team are not the same Sonic Team as before (it was kind of a lie for them to say Sonic Forces was made by the same team that brought Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours. It's kind of like a "Trigger's broom" sort of thing) I still believe they are capable of making a great Sonic game like they did for Generations and I have a feeling that this game may bring in a new "era" of Sonic to us all.

I always wondered why not use Dragon Engine to make Sonic games, Sonic in Yakuza-like world would be somewhat close to Sonic Adventure 3.
And then I remember ... Dragon Engine isn't compatible with Switch.
That's why Yakuza games and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown aren't showing up on Switch.
That's why Super Monkey Ball was made with Unity, not Dragon Engine, since its main target is Switch.
Switch compability were indeed limiting SEGA / Sonic Team's decision.

Offline Berto

« Reply #520 on: September 17, 2021, 12:00:58 am »
Sonic Dash Has Reached 500 Million Downloads Milestone

500 MILLION DOWNLOADS!
A massive thank you to everyone who’s played Sonic Dash over the years for helping us reach this incredible milestone!

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1438503023429316608?s=20

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #521 on: September 17, 2021, 12:23:22 pm »
I always wondered why not use Dragon Engine to make Sonic games, Sonic in Yakuza-like world would be somewhat close to Sonic Adventure 3.
And then I remember ... Dragon Engine isn't compatible with Switch.
That's why Yakuza games and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown aren't showing up on Switch.
That's why Super Monkey Ball was made with Unity, not Dragon Engine, since its main target is Switch.
Switch compability were indeed limiting SEGA / Sonic Team's decision.
When I played Yakuza 0 for the first time I had strong Station Square vibes... probably because of the shop windows which use optical illusions to look spacious but really just a panel behind gass window.

Offline Berto

« Reply #522 on: September 17, 2021, 09:49:54 pm »
Sonic Official - Season 5 Episode 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlkwuFTLy1Q

Offline Berto

« Reply #523 on: September 17, 2021, 09:51:35 pm »
Sonic Official - Season 5 Episode 8 Part II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQU7Cm0-ihs

Offline Berto

« Reply #524 on: September 17, 2021, 09:57:04 pm »
Korone screaming during the official Sonic Stream  (With English Sub)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Suiy3ub6dc