Author Topic: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!  (Read 66250 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2015, 06:56:34 pm »
Over the years I've observed a number of people who have this "fake it until you make it" belief. It's the same attitude that motivates people to use bots to make it appear as if their music is more popular than it really is on streaming sites, for example. But it's just a weird belief, as if all successful ventures were founded on lies and deception rather than sound business principles. I think it's compounded by this misplaced belief that the way to "make things happen" in the video game business is to petition companies, and that in some way consumers can control companies through these means.

What's really sad, though, is that if these people have any real ambition as businesspeople, they are going to ruin their reputations by going about all this in all these wrong ways... essentially doing things that are illegal and arguably immoral. No one legit in the industry will want to be affiliated with them in any way.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2016, 01:42:10 pm »
Your welcome.

Basically he was on the facebook, telling everyone there was going to be Kick Starter, where people are asked to pay money to their group to show their support of a new SEGA console... Aka prove your love by paying us and I called him out and he told me that I was being respectful and I would be banned from the group... What he didn't know is that, I'm pretty connected and it turns out I know quite a few of the people on this project thing... And I told them just what I thought of the project and this kick starter idea... Apparently nobody else had heard of it and quicky he was removed.

Nice. Well, thanks for that. I'm glad most people now understand what this "project" actually entails.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2016, 04:08:55 am »
So, in short, what happened to this project ?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2016, 07:09:12 pm »
So, in short, what happened to this project ?

In short : it's going nowhere.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2016, 09:46:26 am »
Yeesh. I am so done with these guys and their nonsense.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2016, 11:37:30 am »
DC Reloaded??!?

Oh my god, I can't wait for this, it's going to be AMAZING!

/sarcasm