Author Topic: what feeling does it give you when.....  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: what feeling does it give you when.....
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 07:16:24 am »
Same with me, and the same happened with Valkyria on PS3.

Wonder what's the game gonna be next time to have that kind of effect.

Valkyria Chronicles made my PS3 purchase worthwhile!

I had LittleBigPlanet and Motorstorm...loved the latter but got stuck on it, the former I didn't like all that much past the "wow I can create levels" before realising how much I suck at it.

Valkyria just defined the justification of paying £300 for my PS3.

Regarding the developers not developing on their hardware no more...I am sure they look forward to developing on different platforms now to see what they can do with it. Project Rub was a good concept early in the DS' life and they seemed to know how to make great Xbox exclusives. I am sure they would love to recreate their games on SEGA hardware, but I also believe that they can challenge themselves on the Vita, 3DS etc just as much since it's a new challenge for them!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:19:47 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: what feeling does it give you when.....
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:26 am »
Challenge? Yes, but the reality is that while some systems hold a challenge not all of them do. And as i said before Sega got off to a good start in their second run as a third party but the quality titles soon dried up. With the added pressures of being a third party now they won't take the risk like they could with their own systems. The sad thing with the Vita, Kinect and 3ds cancellations is that some of the titles would have changed Sega's fortunes and at least the sega fan's current perception of them. Just like it would if they had gotten the real AAA titles out without them being canned that they had planned for Xbox and Ps2 and the Ps3. People complain that sega isn't dong real sega titles anymore but the titles that people would like to play get canned leaving the bulk of the releases being silly cheap tie ins and a few cash cows like Sonic and more  recently YAKUZA.