Author Topic: So....Valkyria Revolution's reviews have showed up.  (Read 13138 times)

Offline Betwixt Thieves

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: So....Valkyria Revolution's reviews have showed up.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 02:20:47 am »
Finally opened this game tonight once the kiddos were in bed to check it out.  I didn't expect to wait so long before the first save point. I was so tired I was falling asleep.

So far it is a good game. Hoping to get more combat time. Felt like I hit a couple of buttons and the gameplay section was done.

Offline Betwixt Thieves

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:24 am »
Have put a few hours in to this game and I am loving it. Currently I have been liking this more than Persona 5. The games feel similar to me although I know others may argue that would seem strange.

I wish I had more time to put in to the game right now because I am curious how the story ends.

Offline Betwixt Thieves

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 01:15:32 pm »
What is up with the proportions of the Valkyria? Was I the only one thinking she was even over obnoxious compared to what I expected. It is to the point of comical. 😱

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 08:11:57 pm »
What is up with the proportions of the Valkyria? Was I the only one thinking she was even over obnoxious compared to what I expected. It is to the point of comical. 😱

No, you're not the only one thinking about that.  ;-D
http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=4007.0

Offline Asha

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 08:38:36 pm »

Well, the character designer (Raita Honjou) is a Hentai artist and simply can't hide this even in his SFW jobs for Sega...

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 01:19:00 pm »
Well, the character designer (Raita Honjou) is a Hentai artist and simply can't hide this even in his SFW jobs for Sega...

:p as long as the art is good.
Be like water.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 05:57:07 am »
Selvaria Bles and Alicia Melchiott were absurdly well endowned too, methinks, though Bhrunhilde certainly takes the cake. Illustrations done by an eroge artist? That explains a lot when I look at some of the character designs.

Anyway, I'm currentely at Chapter 9 and I am getting closer to the end. There's a shrowd a mystery that still hangs over the overall story but so far...

I'll say this first, as far as average JRPGs go, this at least, this towers over those easily. It's a weird mix, of quasi-turn based and on-the-fly hack & slash, but once you get into the game's groove and understand how you do magic, as well as upgrades, it all clicks.

Dare I say that, despite the fact that the cutscenes can sometimes drag on for a while, the story is quite engaging. While Valkyria Chronicles relies heavily on the four main leads, they do their best to make sure you care about the 8 or so Vannaguard members. Trust me, you'll care about 'em if you let them die on the battlefield before the time runs out.

I did, but fortunately I cheated by going back to a previous save file.

Offline Asha

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 09:23:57 pm »
Eh, nothing against the art but I can't help but laugh at the girls and remember what the artist likes to draw. :))

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:15 pm »

Yep, looking at characters like Violette, Brunhilde, Ophelia and Sarah... They just scream Rule34-fodder!  ;-D >:D