Author Topic: Nintendo  (Read 25129 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Nintendo
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 08:18:00 pm »
I know plenty of people whom would stick with Nintendo if they offered AAA 3rd party games alongside their flagship franchises. It's something I would consider, but may not accommodate because I really like my XBOX.

The fact that Indies still don't have specs for the NX is a huge issue though. Pretty clear that Nintendo only has time for certain developers and is blatantly telling lesser ones to fuck off.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2016, 09:17:58 am »
I see it as more about the options you take.  It's beneficial to have quality support on Nintendo.
  People could stick with one console, but sometimes there are poor ports.  Or that game company decide to pass localization on that version (we are already seeing that on XBOX One with Psycho Pass!).

There are some things I prefer to keep on a certain brand for consistency.  I also been preferring to buy my indies on Wii U whenever possible because of droughts.  Sorting the multiplatform can be fun for me.

It's a total crapshoot what survives on Nintendo console.  I suspect a lot of fans prefer the type of games that is on handheld.  The Western games were not adapting well to Wii U, so that audience just sticks with buying them on other consoles.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:22:56 am by Kuronoa »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:40 am »
I doubt it's being selfdependent and more to do with Nintendo believing it's their way or the high way. Lines up fine with their attitudes in the past and the present. Honestly this is a major problem with Japanese businesses and why so many have fallen behind, especially in tech.
yeah. I honestly think Nintendo doesnt give a shit and they will continue to do so. 3DS should have been more expected to be replaced soon, yet game keep getting anounced left and right for it, which leads me to believe that nintendo really doesnt wanna take the risk of 'resetting' an installbase again, in which I really dont blame them. It looks very bleak for handhelds in the future. It may not work in their favor again. Hence probably why all the expansions to amiibo, mobile, theme park and etc

I also disagree with you pirovash. 3rd party for every consumer has already been occupied. The only way nintendo can get people on board is if they come with something revolutionary, either through hardware or software. They would need an online infrastructur more attractive than live and psn. I dont see it happen on a regular xbone/ps4 like console. Nintendo has also been a company that sells cheap hardware for high profit margins. It would be a big change for them. Most people hope the change would finally happen, but I doubt it. Im pessemistic
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:27:04 am by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2016, 09:04:44 am »
For those who don't know, there's a Pokémon Direct scheduled tomorrow and names and logos have been found.

Pokémon Sun: http://www.serebii.net/sun.jpg
Pokemon Moon: http://www.serebii.net/moon.jpg

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:08 am »
Wow, more mediocre Pokemans.

I don't know CrazyT... You really think the market wants revolution? It's a pretty well established market by now. Most people game, and know exactly what they want in gaming. Part of this was accomplished by the Wii. But Nintendo can't get into the "core" market without doing what the competition is doing: create a very similar-specced standard platform that runs the big marketed games.
Either that or fully commit to an alternative market. Don't do a WiiU.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 09:25:18 am »
I'd agree with that. I'm okay like many with Nintendo wanted to do their own thing, but they shouldn't leave the basic needs of the industry.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 09:26:08 am »
@crackdude

I just think its too occupied now. And not nescesarily a hardware revolution. A software revolution could be possible too. Maybe a new vision of how a console experience should be in comparison to regular interfaces we have today.I dont know lol
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:35:38 am by CrazyT »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 09:41:00 am »
That's not how big markets work..
If they want to lead the industry, they either create something new that grabs a new market (like they did with the Wii) and commit to it or they can make the same product as the opposition, but better.

The market has grown to a point where you can't expect to be a major player while having a worse product (at least in the public eye). So they either beat Sony/MS at their game, or downsize and focus on their own market (like they are doing with the 3DS, instead of going head on against mobile games).

In my opinion they should lower their expectations, they won't beat Sony or MS.. And focus all their efforts on the Nintendo fans. Grab the younger audiences, but make games that interest teens and adults. Make people want to buy your damn machines
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 11:28:48 am »
Yeah, dont consider me an expert or anything. The industry has changed so much lately that I dont know what to think anymore. But for sure it has to be an attractice product. Ofcourse sofware sells hardware, but im not sure if cheap hardware is still going to do them favours when evwryone's got a nice piece of tech in their pockets nowadays. Its one of the biggest differences compared pre smartphones

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2016, 11:40:50 am »
I don't want to come off as rude. I am no expert either.. It's just an opinion like any other :)

People think I hate Nintendo. I actually think they have good principles, but they need to stop making shit hardware. If it wasn't for the GameBoy they would've been bankrupt way before Sega even thought of dropping out of hardware
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »
I dont even think the experts could gauge/predict it that well. But maybe it is really simple as making a good piece of hardware with nintendo content, good infrastructure, good online, good interface and 3rd party on board. For me personally it wont do it. The wii u dissapointment finished it for me, and I feel like this last factor is downplayed a lot.

Offline Tad

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:18 pm »
I don't want to come off as rude. I am no expert either.. It's just an opinion like any other :)

People think I hate Nintendo. I actually think they have good principles, but they need to stop making shit hardware.

I think that's the problem people have had with Nintendo for a while now. It wasn't deliberate, but due to the hardware they lost out with the N64. It wasn't too bad thanks to Rare etc filling in the gaps, but they got it back with the GC and then completely lost it again with the Wii.

Before the Wii u was announced, I guessed it was going to be a flop. Although they had financial success with the Wii, they alienated the third party and most importantly, the gamers. The very blood that keeps them going had gone and I knew it was going to take more then they would give to bring them back. Many guessed Nintendo would keep going in the gimmick direction and they did.

What's worse however, was teasing they wouldn't. I remember when the Wii u was still known as Project Cafè and Reggie stood on stage showing games like battlefield, Fallout etc as games they wanted to get gamers back on side with.

Fast forward to E3 and it felt like that had all changed. Rumours were brewing from third parties that Nintendo had lowered the specs and changed things. Then we got that E3 that revealed the Wii u. It fell flat on its ass and Nintendo still didn't budge.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:00:51 pm by Tad »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »
If a console is going to be released at some point this year and if smaller developers aren't getting the kit now then realistically we can't expect many ports by minor studios from the get go on the console.

Console makers withholding information from developers is nothing new but the fact is this is a console that is supposed to be releasing this year. If it is releasing next year then no real reason to panic but if it is this year then Nintendo should be trying to court every possible developer or at least give them a rough idea of the specs.

Which is exactly what happens every time a console comes out. Ever. Always. Even this generation where none of the consoles had even a halfway decent number of launch AAA launch games, the original indie support was fucking terrible, because the dangers of leaking actual console spec numbers are more important than giving decent information or even devkits that represent the final product.

So I take it you think the NX will recapture the heights Nintendo saw with the Wii and DS?

Okay, huh:

Considering that no one knows a single actual verified fact of the console, meaning that literally no one outside Nintendo knows nothing about the console?

Nah, I don't think that. Having any kind of expectations at this point of *nothing* is pointless.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:13:35 pm by Phantasos »

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:07 am »
The N64 was a great console that was severely underrated. Cartridges had no loading, so they tried to continue using them, but cds had better graphics. Then, the cd idea came with the ability to play dvds when the PS2 was released. That was also the reason for SEGA's bankruptcy.