Author Topic: What are your favorite gaming news sites?  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
What are your favorite gaming news sites?
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:54:33 pm »
Just curious where everyone goes for their gaming news. I'd also be interested in hearing what, if any, biases you think particular sites have. Personally I got fed up with Polygon for the hack editorials they've run about Shenmue III. These days my favorite site is Eurogamer.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: What are your favorite gaming news sites?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 02:42:22 am »
I usually get my news from Twitter now.

As for ones I stay clear of, it's difficult to say. The problem is its usually reviews I stay clear of on certain sites like Polygon, IGN US, GiantBomb as they usually have hypocritical statements or just fanboy like attitudes. The three previously mentioned however, I tend to stay away from completely mind.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:46:03 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:16 am »
VG247 and Classic Game Room
SEG4GES

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:43 am »
(looks at contractual obligations)

SEGAbits is a really good site, with nice, very beautiful people making its content.

In all seriousnes, about the only news site I use is PCGamer, which I will never actually defend as being very good. A lot of their articles are full of holes, clear biases, clickbaity-ness, etc. Aside from that, I mainly get news via word of mouth by friends or social media, or the Completely Unnecessary Podcast, run by Pat the NES Punk. They mostly do news related to retro games but occasionally they get into some more modern stuff (they covered Shenmue 3 exactly one time, and it was mostly just a "I'd probably be really excited if I were into the series" thing).

The only thing I use Polygon for is their YouTube channel. The McElroy brothers do some pretty funny shit.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »
SegaBits for Sega, NicheGamer for everything else.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 02:34:26 am »
Yep, SEGAbits is my usual go-to SEGA-related content. I check IGN once in a while. But yeah, the vast majority of my time is spent on Siliconera and Niche Gamer.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 07:16:40 pm »
IGN was great during the N64/PS1 days. Lots of coverage on unreleased games from that era too.