Author Topic: Fantastic 3DS news: Project X zone getting localized yeahh!  (Read 12197 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Fantastic 3DS news: Project X zone getting localized yeahh!
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:16:46 pm »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/project-x-zone-coming-to-north-america

This is usually the type of game that doesn't come out in the west. I never even bothered thinking about it ever being localized because it seemed so unlikely, but now it's been anounced, I am actually really happy with thise news.

Also finally some sakura shinguji love in the west, right Kori? :afroman:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:46:44 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Fantastic 3DS news: Project X zone getting localized yeahh!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:35:01 pm »
fuck yes.  I think it's finally time to get a 3ds.  XL all the way right? 

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:45:32 pm »
Defenitly the XL. Beside the bigger screen, it also has a longer battery life, a more comfortable grip(compared to the very sharp edges of the original 3DS) and the pen on the right side instead the top.

few cons are it being heavy and also more fragile, but I think the latter was to keep the costs as low as they are. It's not very noticable if u dont care or never had the original

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:13:27 pm »
I was interested in that fire emblem bundle until I found out it wasn't an XL.  If it was I would be all over that shit.  Can't wait to play phantasy star zero with analog controls!

Offline Trippled

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:47 pm »
The choices especially for Sega characters are kinda dumb.

Merchandise Anime characters over Sonic, Beat, Axel, Gillius, PSO Chars, Ryo, Kazuma, NiGHTS, AiAi etc.?

And getting a 3DS for this? Man, I heard that it wasn't that good. Also Rythm Thief was the reason for a 3DS, besides 3DLand...at least for me.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »
Yeah I agree that the SEGA characters arent great, there's also very few compared to the other publisher characters, but it does set a nice variation beside allstar racing for example. It's got a lot of japanese character love for those who had missed it in sonic racing transformed so its all good.

The game could be okay and not great, but it still won't stop me from getting it because I am missing a game like this in my library. Rhythm thief is a game i would have really got if it wasnt for the max price tag. It should have been 30 euro imo.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »
Fantastic indeed! Cannot wait to pick this up. First 3DS game to be announced while I'm an owner of the handheld, so this is very exciting! (all other games I own or plan to own were already released or announced while I owned the 3DS).

Wonder who will publish it, and if we'll see any premium items?

Also, wonder if the name will change? Project X Zone isn't exactly an exciting name. I'd prefer something as simple as "Capcom X SEGA X Namco Bandai" or simply "Namco" if they can swing it, with a subtitle like Tactical Battle Legends or something. Okay, so it would be a longer title than "Project X Zone", but it says what it is and the "Capcom X SEGA" bit alone looks really cool.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »
Yeah I agree that the SEGA characters arent great, there's also very few compared to the other publisher characters, but it does set a nice variation beside allstar racing for example. It's got a lot of japanese character love for those who had missed it in sonic racing transformed so its all good.

The game could be okay and not great, but it still won't stop me from getting it because I am missing a game like this in my library. Rhythm thief is a game i would have really got if it wasnt for the max price tag. It should have been 30 euro imo.

It's cool as a novelty, I agree. More exposure for Japanese characters is also great.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »
Japanese characters aren't great!? They are the bomb in my opinion. I am for one am glad that this game is getting localized in the West. Now we get to play as numerous Sega characters from classic to JP-only IPs. Right now, I'm a bit too happy hearing about this news. Now I REALLY need to find my 3DS so I can team up Sakura & Ogami with Bahn or Busujima. I also wonder if it'll be in English dub?

I hope some folks at Sega heard about this news and use some of the IPs from this game for the next All-Stars game to give them more exposure.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:54:44 pm »
Maybe I
ll get a 3DS after all.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »
Wait. So this is Sega's idea of a hard copy title that needs bringing over? Are they serious?

This can't be something they're publishing. Probably Atlas or something.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »
Fantastic news though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »
Looks like it'll be a Namco Bandai published game, at least it was published by them in Japan.

Offline Kori-Maru

• AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:55 pm »
I talked to a Japanese employee from Sega and he helped with the translation a bit and said that there is a Gain Ground reference in the game based on the level. That's no suprise since I saw Bruno Dilenger wielding the Golden Axe. So many Sega references.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »
Oh snaps, we get to play a game with Valkyria Chronicles 3 characters in it... with still no sight of playing the original game. Ain't life grand?

I really hope this game sells, it's full of too much awesome to outright fail. Snobs might be put off by the retro/simplistic presentation, but hopefully the Fire Emblem fans will take notice and jump on board.