Author Topic: Movember! Sponsor a Moustache for Men's Health  (Read 4186 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Movember! Sponsor a Moustache for Men's Health
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »
It’s Movember again and it’s time to raise money for a worthy cause and encourage me to look marginally more (or less) dignified than I did in October. I can’t grow hair on my head so well anymore, but I sure as hell can grow it on my upper lip.  Money raised will go towards programs aimed at prostate cancer and men’s mental illness, it’s a great cause so please get behind it.

Last Movember someone told me that I reminded them of a young Freddy Mercury. Although that may have had less to do with my facial hair and more to do with the fact that I was wearing a white jumpsuit and madly jumping around at the time. Inappropriate behaviour for a funeral? Maybe so, but as I was being worked over with phone-books by the arresting officers afterwards, I felt that I’d at least been able to raise awareness of the good work done by Beyond Blue and the foundation for Prostate Cancer.
Unfortunately, very few of the funeral party or members of the police agreed to sponsor my moustache, and in fact many decided to press charges, which is why your support would be so appreciated this year.

Sponsor me at http://mobro.co/lukehabib where you can make donations and see photo updates. Just click the ‘Donate’ button under my profile picture.

Here's my handsome mug with about a week and half of growth:

Anybody else growing a Moustache for Movember?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Movember! Sponsor a Moustache for Men's Health
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
Just a shout out to how much I laughed with your experience. Do post final mustache status at the end of the month ;)
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »
^Because you asked crackdude, here's a picture from today, about three weeks in:

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:43 am »
Sorry for the late reply, what an handsome mustache you got there.. Are you planning on keeping it?
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:21:08 pm »
Nope, it's already gone! I only do it once a month for Movember. Raised a touch over $400 dollars this year  :)

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:36:42 pm »
Wow that's great man :) maybe next year I'll join you
SEG4GES