Author Topic: The timeline so far, should it be rebooted?  (Read 13242 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: The timeline so far, should it be rebooted?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 06:37:57 am »
Having hungry fan base isn't enough.
Sakura Wars is the primary example.
They need to attract the non fans too.

Yakuza is probably the most famous example that's suceeed.
It's not selling well to the point SEGA wasn't willing to localize some of them and put .
But then Yakuza 0 & Kiwami came up and succeeded in attracting non fans too.
Most of my friends who has Playstation who don't into SEGA games were playing them.
Some of them has platz them, that means including that annoying Mahjong trophy in Yakuza 3.
But Sakura Wars is still doing well isn't it? Not only had an anime adaption but could always make Thou Shall Not Die.
Actually I was already satisfied with Alien Isolation, eventhough it's not SEGA original franchise like Syndrome and Storm.
Yeah but that's like Sega riding off the success of others. I mean Sega just published Isolation, they didn't make it. Creative Assembly did which granted Sega brought them out in 2005 so I guess by technicality they can claim credit.
Rail-shooting rhythm game hybrid?
You meant REZ?

Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/636450/Rez_Infinite/
I've heard of it but didn't know it was  rhythm shooter.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 12:04:39 am »
But Sakura Wars is still doing well isn't it? Not only had an anime adaption but could always make Thou Shall Not Die.

It's not because if it is SEGA would port the PS4 Shin Sakura Wars game to Switch, PC, and XBox.

Also SEGA is not touching the franchise again after the failure of the Sakura Kakumei mobile game that was hoped to gain success as much as Project Sekai.

Yeah but that's like Sega riding off the success of others. I mean Sega just published Isolation, they didn't make it.
Creative Assembly did which granted Sega brought them out in 2005 so I guess by technicality they can claim credit.

The game was made under supervision of SEGA of Europe himself and SEGA of Europe was the one who asked them to make it, not the other way around (developer pitch a game to be published by publisher).
SEGA could credit it as their game.
Saying games made by their studio isn't their game is like saying Super Smash Bros isn't Nintendo game because it was made by HAL Laboratory.

I've heard of it but didn't know it was rhythm shooter.

It's on Steam so give it a try if it was on huge sale later.
It was also a launch title for a new model of the Oculus Quest VR headset back then.
The original was also used to be one of Dreamcast's finest.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2023, 04:02:24 pm »
It's not because if it is SEGA would port the PS4 Shin Sakura Wars game to Switch, PC, and XBox.

Also SEGA is not touching the franchise again after the failure of the Sakura Kakumei mobile game that was hoped to gain success as much as Project Sekai.

Well damn, I feel sorry for the Sakura Wars fans. It never had a PC release so I never got to play it.
The game was made under supervision of SEGA of Europe himself and SEGA of Europe was the one who asked them to make it, not the other way around (developer pitch a game to be published by publisher).
SEGA could credit it as their game.
Saying games made by their studio isn't their game is like saying Super Smash Bros isn't Nintendo game because it was made by HAL Laboratory.
Then how come they hit it so well with Alien Isolation but not so well on more independent projects?
It's on Steam so give it a try if it was on huge sale later.
It was also a launch title for a new model of the Oculus Quest VR headset back then.
The original was also used to be one of Dreamcast's finest.
Oh that's good.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 04:47:44 am »
Well damn, I feel sorry for the Sakura Wars fans. It never had a PC release so I never got to play it.

Then how come they hit it so well with Alien Isolation but not so well on more independent projects?

Lord SEGA worked in a mysterious way....

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 07:58:53 am »
For real though, never got to play a Sakura Wars game. I watched the anime though, both old and new.
Lord SEGA worked in a mysterious way....
Not really...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:56:50 am by Mystic Monkey »