Author Topic: Question about Burning Rangers  (Read 7139 times)

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
Question about Burning Rangers
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »
All-stars Racing has got me looking at my Japanese Saturn wondering, "Should I be playing this more?"

I just bought Deep Fear after the "My Life With Sega" review, so that's going to get played.

But I was wondering, is Burning Rangers playable for a non-Japanese reading person? The US version is too much money, but if I could buy the much more reasonable import and still get the full idea that would be great.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience playing the Japanese version of Burning Rangers. Thanks!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Question about Burning Rangers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:48 pm »
Hey welcome to the forums!

I have only owned the US version, but I do know the game relies heavily on being guided around via radio. So I'd guess the JP version is kind of difficult since you might not understand the directions. Also, you get emails from ppl you save, and I think they're in Japanese in the JP version.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:58 am »
Hello, good sir.

Welcome to the board. I'm glad you dug the Deep Fear review. Let me know what you think once you've got some game time under your belt.

As for Burning Rangers, the game does depend on voice navigation, but a lof of it consists of "Go left, numbnuts!" Yes, you do receive emails from the people you save and - if I remember correctly - they are in Japanese....

However, if all you're wanting is gameplay, the Japanese version will suffice. The voice navigation can be confusing at times and - really - it's not like you're exploring Dracula's castle here. You can feel your way through. Admittedly, much of the game's "charm" is lost in translation. Still, the gameplay is what really matters in my opinion.

The Japanese version is reasonably import friendly and much nicer to your wallet. Go with that one. Save the dough for when you're buying an RPG. That's just me though. I can be wrong.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:09:13 am »
I love how you can rescue members of Sonic Team (like Yuji Naka) in levels, and they'll send you messages.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:16:20 am »
Thanks for the advice.

I watched some youtube vids of the import version in action and it seems like a lot of Japanese! Sooo, probably going to go with the US version.

If anyone has any other great Saturn games to recommend then let me know! I love RPG's, action and arcade games.

Thanks!

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:17:31 am »
It can be a little daunting at first, you'll be fine. Still, may be best to stick with the US version. It's all about that cheesy voice acting. Good shite.

As for arcade games, any one of the Capcom titles are spectacular. X-Men vs Street Fighter or Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. If you wanna' play them on a North American console though, you'll need a 4-in-1 RAM cartridge. Elevator Action 2: The Return is great fun. The Japanese version of Fighting Vipers is another great. SNK ports are pretty damn good.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »
All-stars Racing has got me looking at my Japanese Saturn wondering, "Should I be playing this more?"

I just bought Deep Fear after the "My Life With Sega" review, so that's going to get played.

But I was wondering, is Burning Rangers playable for a non-Japanese reading person? The US version is too much money, but if I could buy the much more reasonable import and still get the full idea that would be great.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience playing the Japanese version of Burning Rangers. Thanks!

all my sega saturn collections are backups.
if u have an extra saturn i can learn u to swap trick and play the us backup instead
its not piracy. not anymore
and that way you can play it.

i condone piracy when about sega. but simply the games are to old and hard to get and because of somes games rarity they are so expensive. like panzer dragoon saga ye know.

so if u feel good with it i can learn u.
if u mad at me bro. then buy the game originally (if u can find it)
or pay a big amount of money
yes u can play the japanese import wuth an import adapter inserted.
or u can make a jap backup and patch it so that it is playable on ur saturn

but why all the suffering. download a byrning rangers usa eur iso and do the swap trick