Author Topic: Sega Dreamcast Heroes - From 9.9.99 till Now The Challenge Will Always be There!  (Read 91858 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
SEGA plans to make Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone film adaptations

SEGA has entered into a partnership with Picturestart to develop film adaptations of the Dreamcast classic Space Channel 5 and the SEGA Genesis platformer Comix Zone.
Space Channel 5 is being written by Barry Battles and Nir Paniry.
Battles wrote and directed the 2012 crime comedy The Baytown Outlaws which starred Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
Paniry wrote and directed ....

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/19/sega-plans-to-make-space-channel-5-and-comix-zone-film-adaptations/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 04:55:03 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
SEGA plans to make Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone film adaptations

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/19/sega-plans-to-make-space-channel-5-and-comix-zone-film-adaptations/
I dunno who Picturestart are but judging by their website... I still don't know.

But it's a Sega console collaborating with a Nintendo handheld.

Offline Berto

I dunno who Picturestart are but judging by their website... I still don't know.

It's more working with Erik Feig, rather than Picturestart.
He's more known than his company.
Btw.. Picturestart's also working on adaptations of Naruto and Borderlands

But it's a Sega console collaborating with a Nintendo handheld.

Long before that, there was already this...

Pokemon is very popular.
Imagine what happened if there was an official VMU-based Pokemon game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:12:15 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

It's more working with Erik Feig, rather than Picturestart.
He's more known than his company.
Btw.. Picturestart's also working on adaptations of Naruto and Borderlands

Ugh, Naruto. I hope it bombs hard as Dragonball live action movie.
Long before that, there was already this...

Pokemon is very popular.
Imagine what happened if there was an official VMU-based Pokemon game.
They should stick to their lanes.

Offline Berto

thesketchsector's artwork celebrating 50K followers of SEGA Forever's Twitter Account

Thanks so much for helping us reach 50K followers on Twitter! ✨

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/1561402054127525892

Offline Berto

Ugh, Naruto. I hope it bombs hard as Dragonball live action movie.

But why.. I don't like Naruto but I still would prefer if it's success and could help more anime (like Uncle from Another World) to be made live action...

They should stick to their lanes.

If this was in VMU and could save Dreamcast back then I had no problem with it.
A little sacrifice to make SEGA still in console business.

Offline Mystic Monkey

But why.. I don't like Naruto but I still would prefer if it's success and could help more anime (like Uncle from Another World) to be made live action...
I dunno, I mean, I think some anime is better off as anime and may not translate well into live-action.
There's a few reasons why Naruto never clicked well to me, why I find it an obnoxious, loud, colourful mess that's an insult to ninja culture. But not they're gonna put that colourful mess on the big screen. Good luck getting Sexy Technique pass the "woke" audience.
If this was in VMU and could save Dreamcast back then I had no problem with it.
A little sacrifice to make SEGA still in console business.
I detest the thought of it... but the fact the GameCube did the exact same thing with Sega prooves it's success. But not like Nintendo needed Sega anyway.

Besides the VMU was still the more popular micro-handheld console over Pocket Pikachu and PocketStation.

Offline Berto

I dunno, I mean, I think some anime is better off as anime and may not translate well into live-action.
There's a few reasons why Naruto never clicked well to me, why I find it an obnoxious, loud, colourful mess that's an insult to ninja culture. But not they're gonna put that colourful mess on the big screen. Good luck getting Sexy Technique pass the "woke" audience.

Yeah, the shared photos are all kinda have a dark theme, definitely not as colorful as the anime.

I detest the thought of it... but the fact the GameCube did the exact same thing with Sega prooves it's success. But not like Nintendo needed Sega anyway.

Besides the VMU was still the more popular micro-handheld console over Pocket Pikachu and PocketStation.

Has Nintendo ever need anyone?
Other than 1995 and Wii U, it feels like they're always standing strong.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yeah, the shared photos are all kinda have a dark theme, definitely not as colorful as the anime.

Has Nintendo ever need anyone?
Other than 1995 and Wii U, it feels like they're always standing strong.

Pretty much yeah. I believe the only two reasons Nintendo only allowed Sega to release games on their console is because:
  • Sonic is just as popular as Mario. Why have one major mascot on your console when you can have two of them? Profit off the Sega fans.
  • Sega and Nintendo have been rivals throughout the '90s and Nintendo technically won against Sega. The fans will regarded as in good grace to allow Sega to continue on their consoles over stomping them out. "Look how merciful and fair Nintendo are towards their competitor!"
But way I see it, whenever Sega and Nintendo have a partnership, Nintendo is quick to push Sega down the stairs and when everyone asks, Nintendo just says how clumsy Sega is and that they had nothing to do with it.

The partnership they had during the Wii U is an example of this. If they were suppose to be partners, they would of helped one another out wouldn't they? But it seems the only favoured games out of the three that were collaborated were Sonic Lost World which many fans compared to Super Mario games, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics which was half a Super Mario game and Rise of Lyric which Sega entirely got the blame for and no one blamed Nintendo over quality control. How is that a fair partnership where one partner gets all the praise and the other is treated as a fiasco? Nintendouche if you ask me.

Offline Berto

Pretty much yeah. I believe the only two reasons Nintendo only allowed Sega to release games on their console is because:
  • Sonic is just as popular as Mario. Why have one major mascot on your console when you can have two of them? Profit off the Sega fans.
  • Sega and Nintendo have been rivals throughout the '90s and Nintendo technically won against Sega. The fans will regarded as in good grace to allow Sega to continue on their consoles over stomping them out. "Look how merciful and fair Nintendo are towards their competitor!"
But way I see it, whenever Sega and Nintendo have a partnership, Nintendo is quick to push Sega down the stairs and when everyone asks, Nintendo just says how clumsy Sega is and that they had nothing to do with it.

The partnership they had during the Wii U is an example of this. If they were suppose to be partners, they would of helped one another out wouldn't they? But it seems the only favoured games out of the three that were collaborated were Sonic Lost World which many fans compared to Super Mario games, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics which was half a Super Mario game and Rise of Lyric which Sega entirely got the blame for and no one blamed Nintendo over quality control. How is that a fair partnership where one partner gets all the praise and the other is treated as a fiasco? Nintendouche if you ask me.

Nintendo was busy with their own problems,
WiiU was disappointing when it's compared to Wii, 3DS, and their competitor.
They were busy trying to make WiiU relevant but failed over and over again.
Nintendo wasn't getting any praise too during this era.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Nintendo was busy with their own problems,
WiiU was disappointing when it's compared to Wii, 3DS, and their competitor.
They were busy trying to make WiiU relevant but failed over and over again.
Nintendo wasn't getting any praise too during this era.

But the partnership they had with Sega was big news at the time. If they were to have had helped Sega with quality control over their games then we would of had more quality games for the Wii U which would of improved the reputation of the console greatly.
Rise of Lyric was simply not meant for the Wii U due to it's different engine so the game was a rather brunt import and was mostly a rushed job built from the ground up. BigRedButton aren't entirely to blame given Sega bullied them into this production nightmare. And Nintendo was breathing down Sega's neck instead of intervening to help.

Offline Berto

But the partnership they had with Sega was big news at the time. If they were to have had helped Sega with quality control over their games then we would of had more quality games for the Wii U which would of improved the reputation of the console greatly.
Rise of Lyric was simply not meant for the Wii U due to it's different engine so the game was a rather brunt import and was mostly a rushed job built from the ground up. BigRedButton aren't entirely to blame given Sega bullied them into this production nightmare. And Nintendo was breathing down Sega's neck instead of intervening to help.

That's not how it worked.
They're not the publisher, they have no say in how the game be.
They helped with marketing and gave SEGA their IPs to use for DLCs.
That's it.

QC is another thing.
QC is usually just playing the game for an hour or so, if it's not buggy during that time then it's okay to be released.
Telling the game is bad, let alone intervening, is not part of the job, it could be interpreted as an insult to the publisher.

Offline Berto

Puzzle Bubble Everybubble!
A brand-new entry for the timeless Puzzle Bobble franchise is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch in 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OqVuqFwVJk

Features:
-    Timeless action-puzzle gameplay with high replayability
-    Various items and gimmicks will make bubble-bursting even more fun
-    Story mode with up to four-player co-op - a franchise first!
-    Cute cast of iconic bubble dragon characters to play

Link : https://www.taito.co.jp/PBEverybubble

Offline Mystic Monkey

That's not how it worked.
They're not the publisher, they have no say in how the game be.
They helped with marketing and gave SEGA their IPs to use for DLCs.
That's it.

QC is another thing.
QC is usually just playing the game for an hour or so, if it's not buggy during that time then it's okay to be released.
Telling the game is bad, let alone intervening, is not part of the job, it could be interpreted as an insult to the publisher.
Isn't a publisher someone who puts the game out there? Nintendo "publish" the games on their console!
Nintendo are also game developers. They could of send someone to assist Sonic Team in the development. You know, as "partners" do when they "collaborate".

Instead it was more like "We will publish your three games as long as  your main installment to Sonic series practically worships Super Mario."