Author Topic: Sega Saturn Heroes - Astal, Segata Sanshiro, Bug, Mr. Bones, etc  (Read 87874 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sega Saturn Heroes - Astal, Segata Sanshiro, Bug, Mr. Bones, etc
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2022, 07:50:21 am »
Gameplay-wise it'll be amazing.
Graphic-wise, this game's art style reminded me more of Golden Axe: The Duel.
There's even a hero who looks like Doc there.

True, Golden Axe made no sense with an anime style.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2022, 11:05:12 pm »
True, Golden Axe made no sense with an anime style.

The three main protagonists probably would look like this in anime style :

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2022, 06:03:49 am »
The three main protagonists probably would look like this in anime style :

It just looks... I dunno. If there an OVA on them during the '90s (I imagine TAKI Corporation on the job) I would give that a pass. But I still think Conan the Barbarian was a heavy inspiration for the Golden Axe franchise and thus should be taken as seriously as Conan was. Yes flight of fantasy and magic but more gritty and action-based.

If Sega wanted Golden Axe to have a TV series and want it appealing to teens to young adult with pleasing anime-like animation... I would so want Genndy Tartakovsky on the job.
I would go up to him and say "Hey, we want a Golden Axe TV series... but in the style of Primal."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co28PDKv2VY

Oooh, now I want that to happen. Tartakovsky to make a Golden Axe TV series.

Offline Berto

« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2022, 08:52:41 pm »
It just looks... I dunno. If there an OVA on them during the '90s (I imagine TAKI Corporation on the job) I would give that a pass. But I still think Conan the Barbarian was a heavy inspiration for the Golden Axe franchise and thus should be taken as seriously as Conan was. Yes flight of fantasy and magic but more gritty and action-based.

If Sega wanted Golden Axe to have a TV series and want it appealing to teens to young adult with pleasing anime-like animation... I would so want Genndy Tartakovsky on the job.
I would go up to him and say "Hey, we want a Golden Axe TV series... but in the style of Primal."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co28PDKv2VY

Oooh, now I want that to happen. Tartakovsky to make a Golden Axe TV series.

Primal style does look good.

I love Conan movies and books but I really hate its cartoon series.
Adding animal sidekick to Conan felt weird.
It's like more He-Man than Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aohnAoB0d6g

I would hate it if Golden Axe cartoon is something like that.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2022, 04:20:17 am »
Primal style does look good.

I love Conan movies and books but I really hate its cartoon series.
Adding animal sidekick to Conan felt weird.
It's like more He-Man than Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aohnAoB0d6g

I would hate it if Golden Axe cartoon is something like that.
Conan the Adventurer was actually highly praised at the time for a Conan cartoon, with staying largely true to Robert E. Howards material and was a popular sword and sorcery cartoon along with He-Man and Dungeons and Dragons.
Yes it was criticized for being toned down for kids and made work around from straight up killing what with Star Metal that sends Snake Men to another dimension instead of just killing them.

And yeah, the phoenix was annoying.

Still, I doubt we'll ever get anymore cartoon adaptions of Sega games other than Sonic in the future.

Offline Berto

« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2022, 04:31:34 am »
Conan the Adventurer was actually highly praised at the time for a Conan cartoon, with staying largely true to Robert E. Howards material and was a popular sword and sorcery cartoon along with He-Man and Dungeons and Dragons.
Yes it was criticized for being toned down for kids and made work around from straight up killing what with Star Metal that sends Snake Men to another dimension instead of just killing them.

And yeah, the phoenix was annoying.

Story-wise may be it's good, but visually I can't stand it.
Visually and Design-wise, it feelt too modern for me,
some characters' outfits doesn't feel like it belongs to Conan world.

Still, I doubt we'll ever get anymore cartoon adaptions of Sega games other than Sonic in the future.

Sonic Prime was planned after Sonic movie's success.
So may be if there's another SEGA movie that as succesful as Sonic movie....

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2022, 05:22:47 am »
Story-wise may be it's good, but visually I can't stand it.
Visually and Design-wise, it feelt too modern for me,
some characters' outfits doesn't feel like it belongs to Conan world.
That's true. But the movies and the cartoons were the only Conan content I was familiar with growing up. I didn't even know Conan was based after a popular comic.
Sonic Prime was planned after Sonic movie's success.
So may be if there's another SEGA movie that as succesful as Sonic movie....

It really depends. I mean Marvel/Disney are like "here's what's expected of all this phase in the MCU" and so far Sega/Paramount only confirmed a TV series, Sonic 3 and I think maybe Streets of Rage? It's yet confirmed if both Sonic movies and Streets of rage movie will take place on the same Earth.

But I still doubt Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage or any Sega Classic-era IPs will get their own cartoons outside of Sonic.

Offline Berto

« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2022, 09:42:07 pm »
That's true. But the movies and the cartoons were the only Conan content I was familiar with growing up. I didn't even know Conan was based after a popular comic.

I grew up with Conan comics (mostly John Buscema's version with his realistic approach) so I guess the difference affected on how we view the cartoon version.

It really depends. I mean Marvel/Disney are like "here's what's expected of all this phase in the MCU" and so far Sega/Paramount only confirmed a TV series, Sonic 3 and I think maybe Streets of Rage? It's yet confirmed if both Sonic movies and Streets of rage movie will take place on the same Earth.

But I still doubt Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage or any Sega Classic-era IPs will get their own cartoons outside of Sonic.

Hopefully in Sonic Prime season 2, Sonic could travel to not just another Sonicverse, but also to Golden Axe-verse, Streets of Rage-verse, etc. Like in Archie Comics. Who knows.

Offline Berto

« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2022, 12:04:07 am »
Zap some SEGA flair into your wardrobe for less with 3 for 2 on ALL Pin Kings in SEGAShop  Europe! 👑💙

👉 https://bit.ly/3cAZRlF

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2022, 11:00:37 am »
I grew up with Conan comics (mostly John Buscema's version with his realistic approach) so I guess the difference affected on how we view the cartoon version.

Conan fathered the barbarian fantasy. The desire to be brutish men and not be shamed by it and adapt to a brutish yet fantasy world.
Hopefully in Sonic Prime season 2, Sonic could travel to not just another Sonicverse, but also to Golden Axe-verse, Streets of Rage-verse, etc. Like in Archie Comics. Who knows.

I'd settle if Sonic Prime just did crossovers with past Sonic cartoons, especially SatAM.

Offline Berto

« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2022, 08:32:41 pm »
Conan fathered the barbarian fantasy. The desire to be brutish men and not be shamed by it and adapt to a brutish yet fantasy world.

Yeah.. Badass hero, the brutal violence, those muscles, and half naked chicks...

I'd settle if Sonic Prime just did crossovers with past Sonic cartoons, especially SatAM.

I doubt they'll do that but it'll be a great homage it it's happened.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2022, 06:50:21 am »
Yeah.. Badass hero, the brutal violence, those muscles, and half naked chicks...

I maybe a fatass slob IRL but I fantasize about it now and again. As in what if I get Isekai'd to a fantasy world only instead of becoming an effeminate looking cuckold who just so happens to be OP, or a common monster that can turn into an effeminate looking cuckold who just so happens to be OP. What if I get a more improved body? Or I stay as I am, but the conditions of this new world gives me more of the body I desire?
Sure I'll probably be given some plot armour and I probably won't be entirely barbaric but if women swoon over me, why not oblige them?

And by cuckold I mean they ends up with like five women, two of them practically gagging for it and they just be nice to them which only makes their undies hotter.
You know what was a good isekai adventure for older viewers? That "Den" story from Heavy Metal.
I doubt they'll do that but it'll be a great homage it it's happened.
Actually... there is a slim chance it may happen.

You see Sonic Prime is produced by a studio called WildBrain.
WildBrain were formerly known as DHX Media Ltd.
DHX Media Ltd. at one point acquired and absorbed Cookie Jar Group.
Cookie Jar Group at one point acquired and absorbed DiC Entertainment.
DiC Entertainment made half the cartoons we watched in the 90s, including SatAM, AoSTH and Sonic Underground.

So you see, WildBrain has the rights of the original cartoons DiC made for Sega. So if (and I mean "if") Sega allows for AoSTH or SatAM reference, cameo or crossover in Sonic Prime, WildBrain already have the legal rights for such things.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 06:53:31 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2022, 01:11:43 am »
I maybe a fatass slob IRL but I fantasize about it now and again. As in what if I get Isekai'd to a fantasy world only instead of becoming an effeminate looking cuckold who just so happens to be OP, or a common monster that can turn into an effeminate looking cuckold who just so happens to be OP. What if I get a more improved body? Or I stay as I am, but the conditions of this new world gives me more of the body I desire?
Sure I'll probably be given some plot armour and I probably won't be entirely barbaric but if women swoon over me, why not oblige them?

And by cuckold I mean they ends up with like five women, two of them practically gagging for it and they just be nice to them which only makes their undies hotter.
You know what was a good isekai adventure for older viewers? That "Den" story from Heavy Metal.Actually... there is a slim chance it may happen.

Haven't you remember what uncle said, "If you changed too much, you could lose yourself."

You see Sonic Prime is produced by a studio called WildBrain.
WildBrain were formerly known as DHX Media Ltd.
DHX Media Ltd. at one point acquired and absorbed Cookie Jar Group.
Cookie Jar Group at one point acquired and absorbed DiC Entertainment.
DiC Entertainment made half the cartoons we watched in the 90s, including SatAM, AoSTH and Sonic Underground.

So you see, WildBrain has the rights of the original cartoons DiC made for Sega. So if (and I mean "if") Sega allows for AoSTH or SatAM reference, cameo or crossover in Sonic Prime, WildBrain already have the legal rights for such things.

That's a nice fact.
I'm sure WildBrain would love to use them.
The decision is all at SEGA though and I don't think their legal team allow them to take the risk.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2022, 10:08:46 am »
Haven't you remember what uncle said, "If you changed too much, you could lose yourself."
Or find yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6IOhXI8IQ
That's a nice fact.
I'm sure WildBrain would love to use them.
The decision is all at SEGA though and I don't think their legal team allow them to take the risk.
I think it be a well worth while risk.

Offline Berto

« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2022, 08:54:13 pm »
I think it be a well worth while risk.

They wouldn't even want to take a risk with Sonic 3 Music.