Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431377 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
SEGA has sold Relic Entertainment, and will cut 240 roles across Sega Europe, Creative Assembly, and Sega HARDlight

Relic is best known for the Company of Heroes and Dawn of War games, and recently developed the new Age of Empires for Microsoft. Relic will transition to an independent studio and will no-longer be part of the Sega group of studios.
The majority of the 240 job cuts are across Creative Assembly and Sega Europe, while there will be a ‘small number’ cut from Sega HARDLight. There was no mention of other Sega UK studios, including Two Point Studios and Sports Interactive.
Creative Assembly had already suffered a range of redundancies following the cancellation of its Hyenas project last year.
“Sega is working closely with Relic on this shift, and we wish them the best for the future,” wrote Jurgen Post, who is the newly appointed head of Sega Europe.
“I want to sincerely apologise for the worry and understandable distress this news will cause, particularly for those directly affected. These decisions have been incredibly tough to make, and they follow meticulous consideration and deliberation with ...

Article : https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sega-sells-relic-and-will-cut-240-jobs-across-uk-studios

Offline Berto

I doubt they'#ll bother to add a new team because it would cause some imbalances.
Besides, they could have added Tails as a playable character in Sonic Colours Ultimate but they didn't.

Well, it won't matter anymore. Turned out the leak isn't true. Sonic Heroes Remake was "considered", not "developed".
But who knows if SEGA would change their mind someday.

This reminds me of when we talked about "Sega aesthetics" last year.

I do love the light color approach.

"SEGA has established itself as a world leader within the video games industry"
Wow Sega, humble much?
They were on top in the nineties, fell in two-thousand, abducted by aliens in 2005 and while they're well recognised as game developers they were never as on top as when they made consoles.

Sorry Sega, but PlayStation and Nintendo still have you beat.

Well, he is the licensing and partnerships director.
It's his job to boost the company's and the franchises' image to make more licensing partners.

Offline Berto

Sonic Speed Simulator - Metal City Skate Park + Wave, Riders Sonic & Jet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAyJbnE_1g